Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England v Algeria

England v Algeria,

It is more exciting watching Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Midsommer Murders.

Bring on the England Ladies or the Under 21 Youth Team.
    :snooker:

Not good telly mate. Even for a Jock.

Comment

Acrowot By the way,,, congrats on your break. Post it on "The weeks best breaks" Well worth a mention. Might win a prize for the "over 60's". No offence intended. I'd love a 20+ at the moment.

Comment

You are right, Bigmeek. But more exciting than he football - lol

And thanks for the kind words.
        :snooker:

Comment

That was one of the worst performances from England ever.....all credit to David James, i thought he gave a good account of himself throughout the whole of the match..
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

=o(

Noel

Comment

Englands poor performance is a result of too many foreign players in the Premmiere League. And I'm not talking only in the big teams like Man utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. In the premmiere League even the teams such as West Ham, Wolverhampton, Wigan, Sunderland etc have just a couple of English players in their squads, which is not the case in Serie A, Primera, bundes Liga and so on. On the other hand England does not export their players in other leagues, which makes their national team out of any refreshing influence from other leagues. England (or UK, whatever) invented football, but their style of play remained obsolete in the modern era of football. As you can see, they attack and defend in a zone, which is close to a way handball is played. They let the opponents play in their own half without any resistence, and mostly defending the goal when the ball is allready in their penalty box. (If you see Italian style of play, they defend themselves arround the centre line of the pitch, not letting the opponents sniff the penalty box, which may be achieved only with a lot of running by the midfielders).
              The only way for England to improve thewmselves in years to come, is to give a chance to young players from Championship Divission compete in the Premmiere League. I'm sure that there's a lot of talent in lower ranked leagues in England, but you let average players from all around the globe infest the Premiere League.
              Also if you look at the English national squad closer, you'll see that only Terry, Lampard and Rooney come from teams wich has some sort of winning mentality. The others are coming from mediocrity teams such as Tottenham, Aston Vila, Liverpool and Manchester City, which are teams that dwell in the middle of the Premmiere League Table, and the goal keepers which come from an allmost relegated team (West Ham) and THE VERY LAST team in the Premmiere League (Portsmouth).
              Capelo can't be blamed. He is proven as a footbal manager with his previous teams (Roma, Milan, Real Madrid etc). There's just not enough quality in the English national team.

Comment

OK so we were sh**e!! Not all over yet tho'. Lets all get behind them next Wednesday. Remember...it's not how you start it's how you finish... Come on England!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by gtjohnnymac1965 View Post
                  OK so we were sh**e!! Not all over yet tho'. Lets all get behind them next Wednesday. Remember...it's not how you start it's how you finish... Come on England!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  thats the problam they cant finish

Comment

Originally Posted by matoski View Post
                    Englands poor performance is a result of too many foreign players in the Premmiere League. And I'm not talking only in the big teams like Man utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. In the premmiere League even the teams such as West Ham, Wolverhampton, Wigan, Sunderland etc have just a couple of English players in their squads, which is not the case in Serie A, Primera, bundes Liga and so on. On the other hand England does not export their players in other leagues, which makes their national team out of any refreshing influence from other leagues. England (or UK, whatever) invented football, but their style of play remained obsolete in the modern era of football. As you can see, they attack and defend in a zone, which is close to a way handball is played. They let the opponents play in their own half without any resistence, and mostly defending the goal when the ball is allready in their penalty box. (If you see Italian style of play, they defend themselves arround the centre line of the pitch, not letting the opponents sniff the penalty box, which may be achieved only with a lot of running by the midfielders).
                    The only way for England to improve thewmselves in years to come, is to give a chance to young players from Championship Divission compete in the Premmiere League. I'm sure that there's a lot of talent in lower ranked leagues in England, but you let average players from all around the globe infest the Premiere League.
                    Also if you look at the English national squad closer, you'll see that only Terry, Lampard and Rooney come from teams wich has some sort of winning mentality. The others are coming from mediocrity teams such as Tottenham, Aston Vila, Liverpool and Manchester City, which are teams that dwell in the middle of the Premmiere League Table, and the goal keepers which come from an allmost relegated team (West Ham) and THE VERY LAST team in the Premmiere League (Portsmouth).
                    Capelo can't be blamed. He is proven as a footbal manager with his previous teams (Roma, Milan, Real Madrid etc). There's just not enough quality in the English national team.
                    been saying same for years, our top players look good playing for man united chelsea etc but when comes to international, poor

the players which set up the goals are foreign and our players are that used to getting passes or passing to them they are in shock when not there

Comment

Originally Posted by gtjohnnymac1965 View Post
                      You still have a chance if you beat Slovenia (which is hard nut to break). But in the knockout phase there are a lot more serious opponents waiting (Germany, Serbia, Argentina...). I'll be surprised if you go further than the Quarterfinals.

Comment

Fully agree! But another thing.....WHY DO WE HAVE A FOREIGN MANAGER!

Chelsea is one of the worst offenders. A few years back they had a handful of English players.

Im going to stick to Snooker and F1......were good at both
                        sigpic <---New Website
                        Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                          Fully agree! But another thing.....WHY DO WE HAVE A FOREIGN MANAGER!
                          Come on, Totlxtc! I understand the frustration, I know you must be mad and sad but the way I see it, that question is a tiny bit out of order. There’s nothing wrong in having a foreign coach. Many teams have foreign coaches. It’s not a nationality issue, it’s a person issue. (And I could go far on the topic as I have an old and hardly curable dislike for Mr. Capello but I’ll be nice and stop here! )

Yesterday’s game... well... Whenever foreign people try to impersonate an Englishman, they unmistakably tend to use two words perceived as highly characteristic: shocking and splendid.

Unfortunately, talking about yesterday’s game, the former was appropriate but I am sure that each and every soccer fan in the world can hardly wait for the opportunity to use the latter. Because I don’t think one can love soccer and not love what used to be and can still be the English soccer.

Poor performance, true, but it’s neither the end of the world nor of the World Cup.
                          Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
                          Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

i hope eastenders is on....

Comment

The others are coming from mediocrity teams such as Tottenham, Aston Vila, Liverpool and Manchester City,

Oi!!!!

less of the mediocre
                              Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X