Royal Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mail

Does anyone know if you send a cue off with Royal Mail abroad and the cue comes back to you if you can claim back the delivery cost .

This has happened to me twice with the same cue and besides other missing parcels i,m out of pocket to the tune of around £160 . To cap it all they had the audacity to give me a book of first class stamps as an apology .

Does anyone know of a delivery company to use where you dont need a printer .:snooker:

good luck...i sent a cue off for next day guaranteed before 12...took 2 days to reach...i filled the form in from web

never heard a dickie bird....

my advice avoid like the plague

Comment

You seem to have a lot of problems with Royal Mail, hotpot. If memory serves me right, think that ADR said the same sort of thing and that Royal Mail was not worth using, but he sent me a cue case last week and it came by Royal Mail.

I have had things go missing that were sent from Germany and that was by DHL. We are sure that some of it was stolen by them, by the answers that they gave.
      :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
        You seem to have a lot of problems with Royal Mail, hotpot. If memory serves me right, think that ADR said the same sort of thing and that Royal Mail was not worth using, but he sent me a cue case last week and it came by Royal Mail.

I have had things go missing that were sent from Germany and that was by DHL. We are sure that some of it was stolen by them, by the answers that they gave.
        As someone who works in the delivery business, a % of parcels are stolen and go missing or are damaged in transit no matter who you use, less than 1 in 1000 is a typical benchmark (but many of these are stolen by the person receiving the parcel). If you want to guarentee the best chance of this not happening, you'd use a 100% consigned service where ownership of the parcel is signed for at all stages and they're stored in locked cages around hub depots trunkers etc (can still get damaged tho). The cost of this is huge, and only used for high tech expesnive electricals for example.

The best you can do for a reasonable price is pay for insurance and comply with all the small print, before sending the parcel, then in making a claim. Fraudulant claims are huge, so don't be surprised if they take the attitude that you're trying it on - it's your job to prove to them otherwise.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

have you ever thought about using UPS or someone like that to send parcels abroad?

Comment

Originally Posted by milla020 View Post
            have you ever thought about using UPS or someone like that to send parcels abroad?
            Yes muck , only thing you need a printer for the labels and mine is down .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              Yes muck , only thing you need a printer for the labels and mine is down .
              I recently went to buy new cartridges for my old printer....it was going to cost nearly £35
              So i bought a brand new hp printer for £36 which came with 2 black and 1 colour cartridge for free

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                Does anyone know if you send a cue off with Royal Mail abroad and the cue comes back to you if you can claim back the delivery cost .

This has happened to me twice with the same cue and besides other missing parcels i,m out of pocket to the tune of around £160 . To cap it all they had the audacity to give me a book of first class stamps as an apology .

Does anyone know of a delivery company to use where you dont need a printer .:snooker:
                dhl you don't need a printer. if you have no lable they will have one in the van anyway.

i am not sure i can speak on a thread called royal mail - i lose £160 plus minimum every single month mate!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post

royal mail are a hit and miss, you take a gamble and you know it but for cheaper things its a gamble you have to take.

Comment

I have lost £1000's of Pounds in the Years using them, So now adays I am 1 Step ahead as Anything of Value I don't Send with them Unless I can Send it Special Delivery!!

As I have been in same boat as Andrew and a few Others Sending things 1st Class or even 1st Class Recorded Delivery not Worth the Paper its written on, I tried to claim a few times when Items Dont Turn Up! And they Make it that Hard for a Few Quid People think Bollocks too it and Dont Bother!

I use quite a few different ways for Sending Certain Items!

I have found a local Post Office Near me who will send Cues/Cases in UK Special Delivery for £6.70!

If sending Abroad try these.............

Interparcel.com

Parcelmonkey.co.uk

Parcel2go.com

gwizzcouriers.co.uk

UPS - These are Great if you have a Account!....Less than £30 to Send to Hong Kong with £500 Insurance Next Day Delivery!

Gaz.
                    Last edited by gazza147; 19 February 2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                      I have lost £1000's of Pounds in the Years using them, So now adays I am 1 Step ahead as Anything of Value I don't Send with them Unless I can Send it Special Delivery!!

As I have been in same boat as Andrew and a few Others Sending things 1st Class or even 1st Class Recorded Delivery not Worth the Paper its written on, I tried to claim a few times when Items Dont Turn Up! And they Make it that Hard for a Few Quid People think Bollocks too it and Dont Bother!

I use quite a few different ways for Sending Certain Items!

I have found a local Post Office Near me who will send Cues/Cases in UK Special Delivery for £6.70!

If sending Abroad try these.............

Interparcel.com

Parcelmonkey.co.uk

Parcel2go.com

gwizzcouriers.co.uk

UPS - These are Great if you have a Account!....Less than £30 to Send to Hong Kong with £500 Insurance Next Day Delivery!

Gaz.
                      I've mentioned this a few time.. special delivery is fine, but if your cue was over size i.e > 90cm, the wont pay the £500 I can guarentee.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old cue collector --
                      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                        I've mentioned this a few time.. special delivery is fine, but if your cue was over size i.e > 90cm, the wont pay the £500 I can guarentee.
                        they would not even take it from me.

Comment

Andrew a few Post Offices near me won't Take Items Over 1.3 as I have already Mentioned! But I have found local Post Office that Does Lucky Me!!

Gaz.

Comment

Working...
                          X