Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIHF World Championship 2011

Any ice hockey fans here?

Yesterday the action started in Bratislava and Košice and there has already been some funny problems:
    French hockey team ended up in Krakow, some electricity problems, stolen car, robbery,...

Group A
    Slovakia, Germany, Russia, Slovenia
    (not a good idea to have Slovakia and Slovenia in one group, I can imagine some of the commentaries)

Group B
    Canada, Switzerland, France, Belarus

Group C
    Sweden, USA, Norway, Austria

Group D
    Finland, Czech Republic, Latvia, Denmark

Hope this will be a good tournament, though the official anthem is a real FAIL.
    Last edited by Barcicik; 30 April 2011, 11:45 AM.
    2011 Welsh Open Prediction Runner-Up
    2010 World Open Fantasy Game Winner
    2009/2010 Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up
    2010 Masters Prediction Runner-Up

I've backed Slovakia at 12/1 and Czech Republic at 7/1 mainly cos they are playing with plenty of supporters behind them and have decent enough teams, the playoffs worked in favour of the hosts as some of their better players have become available barring defenseman Chara. Also backed the hosts for the group at 9/4 and a big help that Russia surprisingly lost to Germany yesterday though the latter may prove tough nuts to crack in the next match too I feel for the Slovaks, anyhow hopefully have a bit of value with my bets and they can have a good run in the tournament.

Comment

Originally Posted by Barcicik View Post
      ...... though the official anthem is a real FAIL.
      Lol thats terrible, but that Kristina is so beautiful i'll forgive it

Comment

Re Slovakia and Slovenia in the same group, I noticed on the official webfeed when the Slovaks went on the powerplay, the counter was put on the wrong side indicating it was Slovenia who had it, was panicking a bit until I realised lol.

Comment

Working...
        X