north wales cases, market research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• north wales cases, market research

A few questions here, would like your input please.

1- Should i add straps as standard on all my cases ?

2- What internal width would you consider to be a slimline case ?

3- Should i keep my cases solid and heavy ? or do you think they need lightening ? ie shaving the wood thinner before i make the box sections.

4- should i embroider my logo on to the handle of each case (optional) of corse ?

I would welcome any comments, good or bad !

cheers crispian.

Straps should be an option . I like the clean look without the straps .

Slightly lighter would be good .

Brass end protectors would be good [ as my case is knackered ! ]

Logo on the handle would look good .

An end compartment for the usual rubbish that we carry about . I.E a small section that does not have a divide down it .

Also , i find that the newer blue ray extensions are quite large [ the actual turn section ] . So when i get another of your cases [ shortly ! ] i would prefer the actual depth of the case to be slightly larger .

Once all the above is sorted i will make a purchase !!!

Apart from that Crispian they are very unique and top quality cases . Keep up the great work .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi cris
      hope you're well
      1 straps as an option
      2 big enough for one cue
      3 the cases are for protection so don't
      go too lightweight
      4 if the customer doesn't want his own name
      then why not

Comment

1. Straps as an option (ditto to Neil's comment, lovely clean lines).
        2. I would say depends on how narrow you are happy to make the case with enough room in the single slot for the "standard" 29/30mm butt.
        3. Lighter would be good, without losing the structural/protective nature of the case. Is there a way of strenghtening the inside, say with fibre-glass (on the inside of the box sections)?
        4. Logo, optional.

Is it possible to have end protectors, but not just brass types (an option) but that could be colour coded to match the colour closest to the ends?
        I am so paranoid about scratching or gouging the ends everytime I put the case down and I am not a fan of brass protectors I have seen elsewhere.
        Cheers

forgot to say, something else I find slightly annoying is the handle in the middle/middle of the top half, I find this awkward and cumbersome, but then I have been using, for many many years, an old alu 2pc case with the handle on the side and now have a 1pc leather!. So not sure if having the top/lid much thinner than currently and the bottom half much deeper to accommodate the handle. Or is this just me being awkward?
        Last edited by DeanH; 5 August 2011, 12:54 PM. Reason: added comment
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

1. Straps as an option (Like the previous, I also like the clean lines)
          2. Personally I like the case to be as narrow as possible and the cue to be a snug fit, 29-30mm for a one piece case.
          3. I don't mind having the cases solid and heavy cause you know it going to do its job, but of course if you could make it lighter with same protection qualities that would be a good thing.
          4. Yes logo, but optional.
          Also as others have said end protectors would also be good as well as a compartment in end for your bits and pieces.

I hope this is of help to you.....

I can't wait for my new TW to arrive and then I shall ordering a case off you!!
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post

1- Should i add straps as standard on all my cases ? no - they are a pain nobody uses them anyway.

2- What internal width would you consider to be a slimline case ?30mm is the obvious answer

3- Should i keep my cases solid and heavy ? or do you think they need lightening ? ie shaving the wood thinner before i make the box sections. keep them heavy - why would anybody want them lighter - their job is to protect the cue.

4- should i embroider my logo on to the handle of each case (optional) of corse ? up to you but i would say its a waste of time and money!

cheers crispian.
            as per your request!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Sweet and simple as usual Andrew !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                Sweet and simple as usual Andrew !
                i try and keep it short and sweet!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

1- Should i add straps as standard on all my cases ?
                  No. Sturdy catches should usually be good enough.

2- What internal width would you consider to be a slimline case ?
                  Don't know the exact width, should be a snug fit.

3- Should i keep my cases solid and heavy ? or do you think they need lightening ? ie shaving the wood thinner before i make the box sections.
                  I'd prefer lighter but still sturdy cases.

4- should i embroider my logo on to the handle of each case (optional) of corse ?
                  Nice to have a logo on the handle. But not on the surface of the case. Not too aesthetically pleasing to have a logo on the surface of a leather case, imo. Seems fine on alu cases though.

cheers crispian.
                  Hi Crispian... my comments in blue...

Also, I prefer cases to have a covered compartment for my chalks and other bits and pieces... actually quite fond of how the new John Parris 3/4 cases are compartmentalised internally... looks neat and tidy.

I'm constantly concerned about scratches so brass ends are good. But they often take something away from look of the case. So if there's a way to make the brass ends blend with the case then it'll be perfect.

Maybe you can also consider a side handle... middle handles are not the easiest to carry around with if you travel on public transport.

Cheers...
                  When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                    Hi Crispian... my comments in blue...

Also, I prefer cases to have a covered compartment for my chalks and other bits and pieces... actually quite fond of how the new John Parris 3/4 cases are compartmentalised internally... looks neat and tidy.

I'm constantly concerned about scratches so brass ends are good. But they often take something away from look of the case. So if there's a way to make the brass ends blend with the case then it'll be perfect.

Maybe you can also consider a side handle... middle handles are not the easiest to carry around with if you travel on public transport.

Cheers...
                    You have just described the features on my leather case mate :-)
                    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 6 August 2011, 07:21 AM.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Pics please Airin

Comment

1- Should i add straps as standard on all my cases ?have them as a option

2- What internal width would you consider to be a slimline case ?enough for a 30mm butt i guess

3- Should i keep my cases solid and heavy ? or do you think they need lightening ? ie shaving the wood thinner before i make the box sections. keep them as they are people pay top dollar for top quality

4- should i embroider my logo on to the handle of each case (optional) of corse ?if you want to for advertisement

cheers crispian.
                        braas protecters is a good idea maybe again a option

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                          You have just described the features on my leather case mate :-)
                          Did I?? Very nice indeed... well done!!
                          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                            Did I?? Very nice indeed... well done!!
                            See this thread: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...a-leather-case
                            I did see this first time round, that gave me the idea that having the handle on the side could work with a leather case, but as you can see from the pictures the two halves of the cse are equal depth, I thought if the bottom was deeper than the lid then the handle could be more balanced in the middle of the side-width (?) for better carrying.
                            Also, no offense Airin, but I was not too keen on the brass/leather end protectors (not just yours but others that I have seen), as previously said I do not like the look of brass and having something more subtle (nearly like your leather protectors) may work better.
                            Cheers
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

i really dont understand why people think a lighter case is not as protective its absolute nonsense. if the case is built correctly then the weight of the wood shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X