No announcement yet.

english football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was never a big fan of hansen but i can say for sure most people i know think he was a class act.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Ex Enbild Fitter View Post
      Dumbass? Oh dear you sound like a right clown. I never said you had quoted me did I? I was merely trying to explain that my views on Alan Hansen weren't because of being Scottish in case you saw my Edinburgh location and thought they were as you did with the other poster. Not sure if you'll understand the logic in that as you don't come across as the brightest, however if you're struggling ask an adult to help you.

Now back to the original point, not sure if you watch football probably not due to your limited knowledge, however no-one in their right mind ( stretching it with you I know) could fail to have seen the quality Alan Hansen possessed as a player.
      A right clown who knows that when using direct quotes on a forum it means a direct response, a specific answer to a specific person on what that person actually posted not a general post or answer to anyone or everyone. My direct response was to bigandy, who shows the scottish flag and was a dig at his patriotism possibly clouding his judgement about Hansens ability. I also used a scot who was a better defender than Hansen to show that he was not that special and also used an englishman who was probably the best defender in football history to show that centre backs who can play a bit are nothing new or exclusive to the modern game.
      In direct response to any of your posts I use the quote function, like I am doing now, and if you quote me directly and tell me that I talk out of my arse other than give valid reasons to contradict my opinion then I reserve the right to call you dumbass.

Alan Hansen was just a central defender who could now and again pass the ball, and like all the BBC's pundits all his so called expertise is retrospective. I am tired to death of him telling the country just how brilliant Rooney and co are only to see them fail time and time again and listen to his retrospective excuses and over the top superlatives of the ordinary and basics of football.
      Jesus wept, at one world cup I even heard him call England "WE", that's how desperately he's trying to sell it.
      I've been watching football for well over forty years now, was a Man Utd fan when I was younger simply because of the Charlton, Law and Best era, but I was never tribal about it. I watch football to be entertained not to see who wins and because of that my judgement isn't tainted and I call it as I see it. Hansen doesn't, he has to sell it whether it's good or bad, and whether he knows it's good or bad or not I seriously doubt.

BTW, am I right in my supposition that you are a Liverpool supporter ?

My mum was watching me over my shoulder as I wrote this to make sure my grammar, spelling and punctuation was correct.

"Is it dumbass mum or dumbarse"

"It's dumbarse Steve, dumbass is what americans say."

"Thanks mum."

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
        A right clown who knows that when using direct quotes on a forum it means a direct response, a specific answer to a specific person on what that person actually posted not a general post or answer to anyone or everyone. My direct response was to bigandy, who shows the scottish flag and was a dig at his patriotism possibly clouding his judgement about Hansens ability. I also used a scot who was a better defender than Hansen to show that he was not that special and also used an englishman who was probably the best defender in football history to show that centre backs who can play a bit are nothing new or exclusive to the modern game.
        In direct response to any of your posts I use the quote function, like I am doing now, and if you quote me directly and tell me that I talk out of my arse other than give valid reasons to contradict my opinion then I reserve the right to call you dumbass.

Alan Hansen was just a central defender who could now and again pass the ball, and like all the BBC's pundits all his so called expertise is retrospective. I am tired to death of him telling the country just how brilliant Rooney and co are only to see them fail time and time again and listen to his retrospective excuses and over the top superlatives of the ordinary and basics of football.
        Jesus wept, at one world cup I even heard him call England "WE", that's how desperately he's trying to sell it.
        I've been watching football for well over forty years now, was a Man Utd fan when I was younger simply because of the Charlton, Law and Best era, but I was never tribal about it. I watch football to be entertained not to see who wins and because of that my judgement isn't tainted and I call it as I see it. Hansen doesn't, he has to sell it whether it's good or bad, and whether he knows it's good or bad or not I seriously doubt.

BTW, am I right in my supposition that you are a Liverpool supporter ?

My mum was watching me over my shoulder as I wrote this to make sure my grammar, spelling and punctuation was correct.

"Is it dumbass mum or dumbarse"

"It's dumbarse Steve, dumbass is what americans say."

"Thanks mum."
        WTF are you rambling on about now? Alan Hansen was a class act and a far better footballer than you care to admit. His involvement with the media and his percieved failings in that respect do not interest me one bit, my response was entirely down to your blinkered views of him as a footballer. I see now that the Man Utd tinted glasses are responsible so fair enough.
        Yes I'm a Liverpool supporter born and bred however that will never stop me recognising and praising talent when I see it no matter what team a certain player represents or has represented.
        Billiard Fitters always have time for a nap!

Comment

come on lads lets get away from slagging england fought hard tonite 2 top class goals and walcotts face when it went in sublime we can all pick spots off not everybody is our cup of tea but were 1 game away again comon england

Comment

Working...
          X