Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• english football

well done to england first time ever beating no1 ranked team in the world

Very solid performance and got the job done.

Scott parker was immense. Great team effort, just need to not get carried away.

Comment

Spain may be #1 ranked and world cup holders but they are only there due to the fact that they are the biggest divers and cheats in world football. Thirty years ago they had players as good as they have now but were always brushed aside by the "bigger boys" who they couldn't compete with physically, being a nation of little people.
      Saw it in the world cup, beaten by Switzerland first match with Howard Webb turning away from all the diving, then after FIFA had a word with him he gave everything to them in the final showing cards left, right and centre.
      Surprised that Scott Parker wasn't sent off, him being a midfield ball winner and all. Kind of assumed that that sort of player was now redundant with football now a non contact sport. Grumpy old man ? you betcha !!
      Who was the ref BTW ?

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
        Spain may be #1 ranked and world cup holders but they are only there due to the fact that they are the biggest divers and cheats in world football. Thirty years ago they had players as good as they have now but were always brushed aside by the "bigger boys" who they couldn't compete with physically, being a nation of little people.
        Saw it in the world cup, beaten by Switzerland first match with Howard Webb turning away from all the diving, then after FIFA had a word with him he gave everything to them in the final showing cards left, right and centre.
        Surprised that Scott Parker wasn't sent off, him being a midfield ball winner and all. Kind of assumed that that sort of player was now redundant with football now a non contact sport. Grumpy old man ? you betcha !!
        Who was the ref BTW ?
        You obviously dont understand football!

Comment

Who was the ref BTW ?
          Sorry but that is total nonsense. If you can't see the quality that Spain have (look at most of the Barecelona side in the squad) then you clearly have no clue about football.
          Billiard Fitters always have time for a nap!

Comment

England looked ok, bit lucky spain couldnt 'finish' tonight though eh.

Still, england looked good in parts.. (as they do)

But hows about wales scoring 4 goals in there match, who'd have thought..

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
              England looked ok, bit lucky spain couldnt 'finish' tonight though eh.

Still, england looked good in parts.. (as they do)

But hows about wales scoring 4 goals in there match, who'd have thought..
              Defensively england were brilliant. Lacked that quality rooney and gerard would bring.

Well done to wales. They are on a roll now. With bale they have a top top quality player. Plus ramsey and bellamy are brilliant footballers.

Roi was great win for them friday also. All but in euros??

Comment

Gazza on piers moragan should be interesting. Just started... anyone watching?.

Bit like a well known 'late' snooker star we all love/hate eh...
                Last edited by cally; 12 November 2011, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                  Gazza on piers moragan should be interesting. Just started... anyone watching?.

Bit like a well known 'late' snooker star we all love/hate eh...
                  I am watching mate.

Comment

phil jones looked good playing out of position in midfield )

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                      I am watching mate.
                      1 hell of an interview and hes right it is an illness if you let be you have to keep fighting it

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                        Defensively england were brilliant. Lacked that quality rooney and gerard would bring.
                        Rooney : two world cups and no goals, Gerrard : does nothing everytime he plays with Lampard

If that's quality then how come that England did without it and won ?

And George Best, Pele, Johan Cryuff, Zico and Maradona were brilliant footballers, Ramsey and Bellamy are merely good while Bale is very good. But then again I don't understand football do I ?

Comment

Lionel Messi is the best footballere i,ve ever seen .

Comment

Rooney : two world cups and no goals, Gerrard : does nothing everytime he plays with Lampard

And George Best, Pele, Johan Cryuff, Zico and Maradona were brilliant footballers, Ramsey and Bellamy are merely good while Bale is very good. But then again I don't understand football do I ?
                            gotta agree with that, first 15 mins england couldnt keep ball out of their own half. this result anyway doesnt mean jack, come the torny they be out, because put simply out national side isnt good enough. like it or not

Comment

So Rooney and gerard and not world class players? I say they definately are.

Just because the managers of england have not got it right doesnt mean they are not englands best players. England played a very defensive game against spain and got the job well done. I agree lamps and gerard has not worked correctly and I can see lampard not making it to the euros if capello sticks to his words on going with a good set of youth players. Lampard has been a great england player and done significantly better when gerard is not playing.

Whats been disappointing for me with the last few england games is gerard, cleverly and wilshere have been missing and I think these 3 plus parker and the main choice for the euros.

Any team in the world right now would want rooney in it. Just like they would messi, ronaldo, iniesta.

Comment

Working...
                              X