No announcement yet.

top gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what your not looking at is the greed starts from the top and they dont take a hit like them lower down

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
      what your not looking at is the greed starts from the top and they dont take a hit like them lower down
      I agree also.
      I don't mind politicians getting a bit extra here and there, they are (trying) running the country after all and are not really paid all that much.

I think the bonus system in certain institutions needs to be looked at. A bonus should only be in relation to profit, not given regardless.

Comment

Sadly the same thing is rife amongst those at the top of Unions, who incidentally earn 3 times as much as MP's do.

Comment

some might earn more than you normal mp do they get as much as a pm and cabinet members doubt it,just read a piece in guardian maggie thatcher claimed 1.7 million over 5 yrs for expences thats after shes retired

Comment

some might earn more than you normal mp do they get as much as a pm and cabinet members doubt it,just read a piece in guardian maggie thatcher claimed 1.7 million over 5 yrs for expences thats after shes retired
            link - oh and i assume the spelling of expenses was their mistake!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i just google maggie and found it,and i am only retired iliterate welder didnt pass my eleven + but it dont stop a bit of common sence creeping in now and again

Comment

spelling

see i did it with sence ,sense

Comment

The leaders of the top unions get paid approximately the same as cabinet ministers, which is just £10k less than the PM.

My point isn't about whether politicians are worth what they get paid or not, or Union Leaders for that matter.

My point is that Union Leaders these days aren't the Hugh Scanlon's and Mick McGaghy's of the past. They are exactly the same as the government ministers they are attacking, earning the same, out for themselves etc.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                    The leaders of the top unions get paid approximately the same as cabinet ministers, which is just £10k less than the PM.

My point isn't about whether politicians are worth what they get paid or not, or Union Leaders for that matter.

My point is that Union Leaders these days aren't the Hugh Scanlon's and Mick McGaghy's of the past. They are exactly the same as the government ministers they are attacking, earning the same, out for themselves etc.
                    now we have a serious point. people get into political jobs now for the money and themselves whereas in the past whatever your political views the likes of Tony Benn and Michael Heseltine believed in what they were doing.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

this is what i told my niece they are career politicians with hardly any aspect on real life they are carried 9 out of 10 by parents or government subsidies handouts whatever ,no knowledge of how lots in life work which came with age ie tony ben ,ted heath,they didnt come out of uni into politics,they served a kind of apprentiship learning of the older mp s as such and learning from life in general the people who run a lot of things are clever but they dont use it in right direction they still in learning mode,jes im 60 and still learning

Comment

this is what i told my niece they are career politicians with hardly any aspect on real life they are carried 9 out of 10 by parents or government subsidies handouts whatever ,no knowledge of how lots in life work which came with age ie tony ben ,ted heath,they didnt come out of uni into politics,they served a kind of apprentiship learning of the older mp s as such and learning from life in general the people who run a lot of things are clever but they dont use it in right direction they still in learning mode,jes im 60 and still learning
                        And my point is that the Union Leaders are exactly the same i.e. career politicians.

Comment

being in a union is by choice same as mp s are voted for ,how many top union officials are there bet theres not 440,bet they havnt got a house of union officials like the house of lords which is a retirment home for mp s creaming off the land still,just cus they get called a sir or lady for nowt they get looked after what have they done prior

Comment

being in a union is by choice same as mp s are voted for ,how many top union officials are there bet theres not 440,bet they havnt got a house of union officials like the house of lords which is a retirment home for mp s creaming off the land still,just cus they get called a sir or lady for nowt they get looked after what have they done prior
                            They have the TUC, same thing.

Comment

sorry gerry nowt like,in a post earlier i said maggy had 1.7 m that was wrong ,that is what as been claimed by pm s over the last 5 yrs,the maximum allowance in97-97 was £47,568 this as doubled to £100,205 in 08-09,government dept have paid civil servants £140m in bonuses in2010-2011 4m up from 2009-2010 and we wonder wy the countries skint,take that and subsidising other countries keeping our armed forces policing every tom dick and harrys countries,we have england ,ireland, wales and scotland in gb we have never been able to manage this tiny nation without trying to manage others

Comment

sorry gerry nowt like,in a post earlier i said maggy had 1.7 m that was wrong ,that is what as been claimed by pm s over the last 5 yrs,the maximum allowance in97-97 was £47,568 this as doubled to £100,205 in 08-09,government dept have paid civil servants £140m in bonuses in2010-2011 4m up from 2009-2010 and we wonder wy the countries skint,take that and subsidising other countries keeping our armed forces policing every tom dick and harrys countries,we have england ,ireland, wales and scotland in gb we have never been able to manage this tiny nation without trying to manage others
                                The country is skint as we continually spend more than we can raise in tax and borrow the difference from the blood sucking money markets. Successive governments of all colours/creeds have the done it year in, year out by bribing the electorate come election time with borrowed cash and they now owe the blood suckers so much that the politicians are powerless to do anything about it or the blood suckers will cut off the supply of borrowed cash. The government is like a sad junkie desperately trying to borrow £10 for its next hit.

For example, you are quoting some figures above. Did you know that the annual bill for public sector pay is £200 Billion? And it is steadily increasing by about 5% per year? Which means the increase from this year to next will be £10 Billion?

What makes the above numbers even more scary is that we currently pay £50 Billion a year in interest on our National Debt of nearly £1 Trillion to the blood suckers. So even if we manage to balance our books by the time the current government is forecasting (insert huge pinch of salt) the cost of our Public Sector will have grown and taken the place of the cost of interest payments so we'll be no better off. Worse still, if we don't balance the books we'll have to pay out even more than we do today.

Comment

Working...
                                X