Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tour of Scotland - Help advice required (ADR147 especially!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour of Scotland - Help advice required (ADR147 especially!)

Looks like i might be going up to Scotland on the 28th of July returning on the 2nd of August, partly for Bristol City's pre season tour and also as a bit of a holiday.

Only fixed things are as follows:

July 28th: Fly into Edinburgh early morning. Game at St Johnstone 3pm.

July 30th: Game at Dundee 7.45pm

August 1st: Game at Dunfermline 7.45pm

Fly back early morning of the 2nd August.

Will have hire car so can get about a fair bit....what do people suggest? Recommendations or must do things in that area?

Need to find accomodation to fit around the games ideally. A few are just stayin in Edinburgh the whole week but i dont fancy that. Would like to see some sights/beaches/golf courses etc....

Cheers for the help.
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Downfield in Dundee is a fantastic course and often there are offers of two for one deals during the week.St Andrews (the Town) is always worth a visit. Don't bother with the Old Course or the Castle course for golf there though. The Jubilee and New are better.

There are some nice Log cabins near St Andrews which is not a huge distance from the games you mention so you could stay there for a few days.

A day ticket at Blairgowrie (Perthshire) is usually under £100 and they can include meals and a round on Rosemount and the Landsdowne. Both courses are great.

Wouldn't really recommend staying in Dundee though, not the nicest city.

Comment

In the afternoon before the Dunfermline game you could take a drive along the Fife coastal road (A921). There's a couple of nice sandy beaches at Kinghorn and Burntisland. A few nice pretty little fishing villages with restaurants where you could get a bite to eat before the game. The town of Dunfermline has some historical interest being that it was the capital of Scotland before Edinburgh. Good few pubs to drown your sorrows after the game!! (lol. NB my avator.)

Comment

cheers for the posts guys....I was going to spend 2 nights in Dundee but not a good idea? Found a cheap decent looking b & b but perhaps there are reasons for that! Only really using it as a base to drive about a bit though..

I shall note that down Bigmeek. Sounds good that drive.

Need somewhere to stay 2 nightsbefore and after the Dunfermline game...everywhere in Edinburgh seems expensive...any suggestions of places to stay not to far away?

Comment

Hi if your stuck for something to do when in edinburgh gimme a shout i,l take you to the locarno for a game you can borrow the cue i bought of you if you like,or if you fancy a game of golf i could take you up the braids best view of the city from up there dont need to worry about clubs and all the gear mate i can fix you up with all that. I guess the time your coming ups around same time as festival so accomodation will be scarce.

Comment

Nice one Williamson, that sounds ace! Golf weather dependant i suppose, but deffo up for some snooker...have you been using the cue at all?

Ahh i see re the Festival...i better book something sooner rather than later then...

Comment

Unfortunately lovely as it is, its in a cupboard beside the rest of them although it does get an airing now and again. Let me know nearer the time and we can definately arrange to meet up for a game.

Comment

if stirling is anywere near were you want to be you might be able to get a place in the uni they do rent rooms out at the uni and in the town

Comment

Working...
                X