Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xbox 360 RROD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • xbox 360 RROD

    Hi all, I'm about to attempt a reflow on my xbox 360. can any one give me any advice before i pop it in the oven.
    IMG00130-20120729-1551.jpg

  • #2
    last chance to help, going in in 5 mim

    Comment


    • #3
      Do not do it, will only last another 6 hours after you do that, either get it fixed by a professional or just get a second hand one for £50 off of eBay, that is what I done when mine got the RROD and 18 months down the line it is still going good.

      Comment


      • #4
        hi ferret, I had a look on ebay and they were still quite expensive. The new 720 is meant to be out at Xmas. I committed to it now so I'll let you know how I get on.
        Thanks anyway

        Comment


        • #5
          A days hard work slaving over a hot stove lol and 3 happy kids later, success 1 working Xbox.... well done
          IMG00131-20120729-1920.jpg
          Last edited by cazmac1; 30th July 2012, 10:00 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Did you try the towel trick?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Inoffthered View Post
              Did you try the towel trick?
              I tried the towel but for some reason my Xbox kept shutting down after just a few minuets. I was going to do the heat gun but apparently the oven is the best of all the fixes and last the longest, fingers cross.
              If anyone is thinking of doing this and would like some advice I would be happy to put up a link to the fix I copied but I have to tell you I would do some things different if I was to do it again.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cazmac1 View Post
                A days hard work slaving over a hot stove lol and 3 happy kids later, success 1 working Xbox.... well done
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]11325[/ATTACH]
                Using this quick fix is very bad for your xbox, it fools the temp sensors on the cpu that their not working correctly however this means that ur cpu continues to run at too high of a temp and will shorten the overall life of the cpu, this method also causes harm to the graphic chipset and i would assume that even if ur cpu last another month r 2 the graphics will get worse an worse until eventually it fails to display anything on the tv, im sorry i didnt see this post in time to recommend a more suitable and more permanent fix!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GRooney166 View Post
                  Using this quick fix is very bad for your xbox, it fools the temp sensors on the cpu that their not working correctly however this means that ur cpu continues to run at too high of a temp and will shorten the overall life of the cpu, this method also causes harm to the graphic chipset and i would assume that even if ur cpu last another month r 2 the graphics will get worse an worse until eventually it fails to display anything on the tv, im sorry i didnt see this post in time to recommend a more suitable and more permanent fix!
                  Hi Grooney, not to worry I'm hopping to get six months out of it. just out of curiosity what is your fix?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    xbox 360 RROD

                    I had YLOD on my old ps3, tried the towel trick as a temporary measure, then sold it in my local cash converter and used the cash to put towards new one. Lovely jubbly
                    I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cazmac1 View Post
                      The new 720 is meant to be out at Xmas. I committed to it now so I'll let you know how I get on.
                      Thanks anyway
                      I don't follow the tech. grapevine like I used to, but heard they are aiming realistically for Xmas 2013 ( with Micro$oft's view
                      of hitting Xmas THIS year if they get things in place in time.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Inoffthered View Post
                        I don't follow the tech. grapevine like I used to, but heard they are aiming realistically for Xmas 2013 ( with Micro$oft's view
                        of hitting Xmas THIS year if they get things in place in time.
                        Hi inoff, Your right it is xmass 2013 had my blond head on when I read the press release

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tony9ball68 View Post
                          I had YLOD on my old ps3, tried the towel trick as a temporary measure, then sold it in my local cash converter and used the cash to put towards new one. Lovely jubbly
                          Not very nice if someone buy's it for the kids as a xmass present and it breaks down. Do cash converters give the buyer a guaranteed if so how long?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Their website suggests that items bought there have a warantee but the phrasing is a bit wooly.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cazmac1 View Post
                              Hi Grooney, not to worry I'm hopping to get six months out of it. just out of curiosity what is your fix?
                              I've been fixing them for a few years now. Using the x clamp removal kits, these kits supply replacement screws that help transfer heat from the heatsinks to the metal shell which lets heat escape faster, they also supply fresh heat paste for the CPU as the old stuff dries out (this is usually the major reason for rrod) and finally you also recieve heat pads to place on the chipset whice is located on the reverse of the motherboard, you dont have to know much about computer repairs to do all this its just a total of about 14 screws however I would strongly suggest watching a few how to videos on youtube before starting to any one who wishes to try this as you'll find opening the Xbox is the hardest part if you dont already know how lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X