xbox 360 RROD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
    hi ferret, I had a look on ebay and they were still quite expensive. The new 720 is meant to be out at Xmas. I committed to it now so I'll let you know how I get on.
    Thanks anyway
    No chance mate, won't be till at least Xmas '13 at the very earliest and that will be only when sales dip same with ps4.
    Plenty life lefted in this generation to start worrying about next lol.
    VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
    Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
    Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
    Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by GRooney166 View Post
      I've been fixing them for a few years now. Using the x clamp removal kits, these kits supply replacement screws that help transfer heat from the heatsinks to the metal shell which lets heat escape faster, they also supply fresh heat paste for the CPU as the old stuff dries out (this is usually the major reason for rrod) and finally you also recieve heat pads to place on the chipset whice is located on the reverse of the motherboard, you dont have to know much about computer repairs to do all this its just a total of about 14 screws however I would strongly suggest watching a few how to videos on youtube before starting to any one who wishes to try this as you'll find opening the Xbox is the hardest part if you dont already know how lol
      Hi Grooney, I had already done the x clamp removal and had been working lovely for a few months, hence the next step.
      Apart from been an electrician I'm a fully qualified electrical service engineer and and a certified IBM Toshiba and Dell laptop service engineer, I worked for IBM for 5 years before becoming an electrician.
      In this case the ball solders definitely need to be re-floated. I watched a lot of vids before deciding on this fix
      http://xbox-experts.co.uk/tutorial/t...flow-tutorial/
      If I had to do it again I think I could improve on this method.
      Last edited by cazmac1; 31 July 2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
        No chance mate, won't be till at least Xmas '13 at the very earliest and that will be only when sales dip same with ps4.
        Plenty life lefted in this generation to start worrying about next lol.
        I don't play many games now but have been waiting for the new Lara croft game looks the nuts.

Comment

I have to update this post and admit that I was wrong and should have listen to ferret. All the fix's on youtube are a load of poo and the only way to fix an xbox once it starts playing up is to have it professionally re-balled. I have found a guy that will do it for just £30 or sell you a second hand console for £50.
          Should have listen to you ferret would have saved a lot of wasted time.
          all the best

Comment

I have to update this post and admit that I was wrong and should have listen to ferret. All the fix's on youtube are a load of poo and the only way to fix an xbox once it starts playing up is to have it professionally re-balled. I have found a guy that will do it for just £30 or sell you a second hand console for £50.
            all the best
            Good luck with the new fix ( or console ), let us know how it turns out Caz.

Comment

I could of given you a XBOX a few days ago for £30 if I had known you needed a new one!!

I knocked over my xbox the other day and scratch my COD:MW3 disk, luckily a guy on Facebook was selling a xbox with 2 controllers and MW3 for £40 so I snapped it up, kept the game and a spare controller and sold the consol on for what I paid

See if there is a For sale Facebook group in your area, you may pick up a bargain, I do all the time.

Comment

all the best
                Given the impressive CV you listed above, I'd have thought you'd have sussed that before you even started!

I have a PC repair business but I don't even bother with games consoles because they just never seem to last long enough when repaired - even my mate, who has spent years hacking, upgrading and repairing every console he can get his hands on, has given up with the 360 - just seem to be manufactured to a horrible standard.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                  even my mate, who has spent years hacking, upgrading and repairing every console he can get his hands on, has given up with the 360 - just seem to be manufactured to a horrible standard.
                  Bodes well for the 720 then. ( Bill, I know you're not CEO anymore, but are you listening? )

Comment

The RROD issue has cost Microsoft millions in repair and extended warranty/compensation fees, so believe me, he knows!

Comment

xbox 360 RROD

Next Xbox won't be out at Xmas...it's a long way off

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                        Given the impressive CV you listed above, I'd have thought you'd have sussed that before you even started!

I have a PC repair business but I don't even bother with games consoles because they just never seem to last long enough when repaired - even my mate, who has spent years hacking, upgrading and repairing every console he can get his hands on, has given up with the 360 - just seem to be manufactured to a horrible standard.
                        Hi Gav, I was acting on the info I had at the time once I realised that the problem is with the actual lead free solder, I new I had been wasting my time.
                        all the best and thankyou for your kind word's if you would like my full CV please PM me.

Comment

Ok I just got back from picking up my new re-balled xbox, the guy has a work shop set up in his home and there are PS3, xbox's, laptops and iPhone's everywhere. He has all the right equipment and all seems well with the new console, if anyone needs any of the above items repaired contact Perry on 02033972192 or visit his web sit @
                          http://www.360repairservice.co.uk/xbox.php

Please note that he offers a re-ball and not a re-flow, If I have any problems with the console I will update as and when

Comment

Working...
                          X