No announcement yet.

Bikes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ride and have done the strapping before.

Just sew a nylon strap together to form a "holder" for the base of my case, then extending this strap to the area near the top buckle of the case and using Velcro to secure the loose end. Made the strap adjustable so I could cross sling it over my shoulder then tightening the strap before I move off.

Lost the strap during a session and never made it again now that I drive and ride lol...
    John Lim

Targets to beat: -line up 63, 78 (Nov 2012)- -practice match 67 (Nov 2012)- -competition 33 (Oct 2011)-

Comment

just sold my dialled alpine, full xtr drivetrain, xtr trail brakes, xt wheels, custom built 150mm r/shox totems, chris king b/b and h/set, the works, it was my last mountain bike, an absolute stunning bike to ride, best bike i have ever built, sold as my back is done for and my hands are pretty gubbed as well (nerve issues) so i split it recently and still have a stack of bits for sale. still have my cannondale judge downhill frame/parts for sale too, another bargain , best places to ride were glentress/innerleithen for the normal bikes and for the downhill bikes nothing even comes close to fort william for proper long runs with a chair lift or dunkeld just outside perth for a tasty litttle dh track with some fairly big rocks to dodge...
      :snooker:

Comment

Love custom bikes, saw this one in a magazine years ago and kept the picture. Built by a bloke called Rick James using a CBX1000 6 cylinder motor and handbuilt frame. Fantastic looking machine, really beautiful girl too. Those pipes are a work of art in themselves.

Comment

Bikes...

Yeah it's lovely Make a great second bike to potter to shows and shops. ;-)

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
            Love custom bikes, saw this one in a magazine years ago and kept the picture. Built by a bloke called Rick James using a CBX1000 6 cylinder motor and handbuilt frame. Fantastic looking machine, really beautiful girl too. Those pipes are a work of art in themselves.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11580[/ATTACH]
            is your bike that wide? looks nice tho

Comment

You could get one like this.. bound to turn heads
              http://cdn.radiolive.co.nz/radiolive....jpg?width=640
              "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
              - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
                You could get one like this.. bound to turn heads
                http://cdn.radiolive.co.nz/radiolive....jpg?width=640
                Work of art

Comment

Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
                  Work of art
                  A long while back I saw an image of a Harley-style bike (alert!; not a bike rider here..) with a similar (but much better/cooler/nicer) design but google failed to locate it for me, all I could find was that one instead
                  "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                  - Linus Pauling

Comment

Sorry you've had to call it a day on the mountain biking haggishunter. Nice bike build as well, must of cost a small fortune
                    Never really done much DH. I'm one of the lycra XC brigade ( someones got to be )
                    GT Zaskar le at the minute. Hoping to pick up my new one in a week or two. Gone for a Giant XTC 29er 0 (composite)
                    The GT's on its last legs, but it lasted well since I bought it 5 years ago.
                    Most of my ridings around Cannock Chase, Hopwas Woods and Coed y Brenin or anywhere in North Wales when I get the chance.

Comment

Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
                      is your bike that wide? looks nice tho
                      No it's not mine, wish it was though.

Comment

Hi friends i love to bikes and like to ride on every bike every day this is my favorite hobby have different looks of bikes and also like to have a lile ride on every bike i have my own heavy bike of Honda and this si very great and i am also taking a part in racing...

Comment

Bikes...

I've got a trek hard tail and a new shiny road bike toy called a MEKK newish brand full carbon job and I love it. I got it through a bike to work scheme and you get a lot of the tax knocked off the price so that helped convince the girlfriend to let me add to my collection even get to go to AFAN forest south Wales in few weeks. Lots of great trails there.

Comment

Originally Posted by Skywalker8 View Post
                            I've got a trek hard tail and a new shiny road bike toy called a MEKK newish brand full carbon job and I love it. I got it through a bike to work scheme and you get a lot of the tax knocked off the price so that helped convince the girlfriend to let me add to my collection even get to go to AFAN forest south Wales in few weeks. Lots of great trails there.
                            Was out on my X4 a few weeks ago, overtook a truck, doing about 85mph when the rear tyre valve let go and I had an instant blowout. Arse end was initially all over the place but I pulled in the clutch and coasted over to the side of the road and came to a halt without even a thought as to what might have been.
                            Now I watch Youv'e Been Framed every week and LMAO except when I see those mountain bikers tumbling off trails and into the trees at about 20mph, ouch that's gotta hurt. There's no way I would ever do that, takes balls that does, respect.
                            Last edited by vmax4steve; 26 September 2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Wow that's sounds scary mate, yikes

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Wow that's sounds scary mate, yikes
                                The X4 is drag bike inspired and has a long wheelbase, I'm sure that is what kept the bike more stable in that situation, plus I didn't panic and just pulled in the clutch and coasted as straight as possible to the side of the road, putting no torque or braking forces on the wheels. Had I been on a short wheelbase flickable sportsbike I have no doubt I would have been toast.

Comment

Working...
                                X