android tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• android tablet

i am after buying a tablet but know sod all about computers/tablets and was just looking for a bit of advice off any computer geeks on here no offence intended. i have it down to 5 choices 1 toshiba at300. 2 cnm touchpad 9.7.
    3 asus nexus 7. 4 acer iconia a210 and the samsung galaxy tab 2 could anyone in the know please advise on which would be the best buy its just for playing games surfing the web. or is there any others i should be looking at dont realy want to go above 250.

thanks in advance ste

We have one of these at home Archos 80 Cobalt Tablet,100 quid at Tescos

Comment

I got a 64gb blackberry playbook from currys for £129, cracking thing. Would have it over an apple product any day but not sure how it compares againt androids etc. App store thing not as big as others but still tons on it but i don't really get many apps anyway.
      :snooker:

Comment

Check youtube out for reviews on gadgets...

the nexus and galaxy were reviewed on the gadget show a few wks back, iirc the nexus come out on top of the 2 for sim prices. gadget show ep probably available on youtube too...

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
          I got a 64gb blackberry playbook from currys for £129, cracking thing. Would have it over an apple product any day but not sure how it compares againt androids etc. App store thing not as big as others but still tons on it but i don't really get many apps anyway.
          I'll +1 that bought one of these as they were so cheap. Really high quality, I believe they were retailing for north of £300 when they first came out. I doubt you'll get one as good for the money http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/blackbe...47930-pdt.html
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I got one from chinavasion for 50 notes but to be honest don't use it much, smartphone does me on the move and laptop at home

Comment

Galaxy tab 2, brilliant tablet got 2 for our kids for xmas 10.1 inch models runs superb great quality screen worth every penny and we paid £300 each, after xmas pcworld was selling them at £238. dont be tempted by the cheap china imports as they say you only get what you pay for.

Comment

If I had to I would go with the Samsung Galaxy.

I had the Playbook and was great for films and music content especially with the front facing stereo speakers but when I got rid of my Blackberry phone most of the functionality of the Playbook went too so it went on eBay for £70 just 2 months after getting it.

I saw the Archos tablet in Tesco on offer for £50 a few weeks ago so stupidly I got one, love Archos, always have done, had one of the original harddrive MP3 players years ago but to be fair this tablet lacked so I packaged it up and gave it to my cousin who thinks its the dogs crackers!

There is a option you have not thought about! A second hand or reconditioned iPad, no need for the latest model, the original iPad is still a great product.

I always keep my tech up yo date and I am current on my 3rd iPad and it is simply leaps ahead of any android device with verity of apps, speed of device, usability and display.

You have to take my advice in the knowledge that I am a Apple fan boy I have a iMac, Mac Mini. MacBook, iPod, iPad, iPhone and of course a Apple TV (which is not a TV!) but unlike people with PC's and Android devices I have A large variety of apps which work on all of my devices, all of my contacts, calendars, pictures, notes, alarms and documents are synchronised between devices without me having to think about it, I do not get virus's and things just work as they should.

Oh and most of this post was entered with voice recognition while I make my first cup of tea for the day

Comment

Working...
                X