Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley Manning Should have got a medal instead he got 35 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley Manning Should have got a medal instead he got 35 years!

Now few stories shock me but this did.

When a guy exposes war crimes then gets jailed for exposing that war crime then surely that country is run by criminals?

Bradley Manning was doing his duty and he should have been praised for uncovering the wrong doing by his country instead he was jailed for 35 years. I think this is a very sad day for democracy and it exposes what wicked people are actually in power and behind the scenes in America and in England and how can our countries pap on to other countries about democracy and human rights when this shows there is no such thing in our own backyards.

Bradley Manning did not kill anyone and yet he got a longer sentence than a murderer.

What sentence did Lt. William Calley get for giving the orders to kill 100+ civilians at the My Lai massacre? I'm pretty sure it was only a few years. Very sad indeed.
    If they did nothing wrong then there would be nothing to leak.

I think the guy deserves a medal not prison
    Last edited by Byrom; 21 August 2013, 04:34 PM.

he did a stupid thing and must have known a b0ll0cking was going to result but 35 years sounds harsh.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

It's as bad over here, police trying to dig dirt on the Lawrence family, blacklisting of union activists for over thirty years,so they could never work again(read about Ricky Thomlinson, from royal family and his mates getting fitted up and sent to jail,) that old fella at the Labour Party conference getting ejected for saying rubbish to Jack straw , under the prevention of terrorism act, he's was in his middle eighties for god sake. That fella who was detained for hours at the airport just the other day, the list is a mile long, whistle blowers are always praised in public by the politicians over here but they are quietly ruined in private by the same bunch, free country? My arse, as someone once said.
      That's not even touching on Hillsborough (sp?)
      Would be interested to know what any American members think of this decision (if we have any).
      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 21 August 2013, 05:22 PM.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Know thy enemy;
        he does not care what colour you are
        provided you work for him.
        He does not care how much you earn
        provided you earn more for him.
        He does not care who lives in the the room at the top
        provided he owns the building.
        He will let you say whatever you like against him
        provided you do not act against him.
        He sings the praises of humanity, he knows machines cost more than men.
        Bargain with him, he laughs and beats you at it,
        challenge him and he kills.
        Sooner than lose the things he owns,
        he will destroy the world.

Christopher Logue

Don't be decieved when our revolution is finally stamped out
        and they pat you paternally on the shoulder and they say
        there is no inequality worth speaking of and no more reason
        for fighting, for if you believe them they will be completely
        in charge in their marble halls and granite banks from which
        they rob the people of the world under the pretence of
        bringing them culture. Watch out, for as soon as it pleases
        them they will send you out to protect their gold in wars
        whose weapons rapidly developed by their servile scientists will
        become more and more deadly until they can, with a flick
        of the finger, tear a million of you to pieces

from Marat / Sade

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

Bradley Manning did not kill anyone and yet he got a longer sentence than a murderer.

What sentence did Lt. William Calley get for giving the orders to kill 100+ civilians at the My Lai massacre? I'm pretty sure it was only a few years.(
          I think one should look to those who follow the orders as it's they who do the actual killing.

here is a quote from my all time hero Percy Bysshe Shelley

It is wrong to kill your brother, to do so in uniform is no excuse. It merely adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.

Comment

Very nice posts VMax.
            The old saying holds true, power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely .

Comment

dont forget this is america where the kk clan still survive,still a north south devide,land of the free untill you upset the wrong part of the good old usa

Comment

THIS GUY HAS A LOT TO SAY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R15-xkJ6omY

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                  dont forget this is america where the kk clan still survive,still a north south devide,land of the free untill you upset the wrong part of the good old usa
                  The worrying thing Jim is this has been done under a Democratic president , not a swivel eyed neo con like Bush and his good old Texas boys.

Comment

Shocking absolutely shocking , thousands of people die as a result of blatant lies from bush and blair yet they are seen as heroes , this guy reveals people carrying out terrible acts and his life is over , dont think we,ve heard the last of this .

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                      I think one should look to those who follow the orders as it's they who do the actual killing.

here is a quote from my all time hero Percy Bysshe Shelley

It is wrong to kill your brother, to do so in uniform is no excuse. It merely adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.
                      I have to say I am particularly impressed that someone has quoted Shelley.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                        Shocking absolutely shocking , thousands of people die as a result of blatant lies from bush and blair yet they are seen as heroes , this guy reveals people carrying out terrible acts and his life is over , dont think we,ve heard the last of this .
                        There is no more people enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free..

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          The worrying thing Jim is this has been done under a Democratic president , not a swivel eyed neo con like Bush and his good old Texas boys.
                          Whether Republican or Democrat.. Tories or Labour.. on either side of the Atlantic, these political persuasions are separate cheeks of the same arse.. unfortunately.

Comment

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe as well - gosh you are an intellectual bunch.

Comment

I have to say I am particularly impressed that someone has quoted Shelley.
                              Johann Wolfgang von Goethe as well - gosh you are an intellectual bunch.
                              not all of us Byrom ... I have no idea whether the authors you name above are correct or not ... but you don't need to be "intellectual" to know right from wrong ...

Comment

Working...
                              X