Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Court Ruling from the Courier Mail, Australia

Federal Court Ruling from the Courier Mail, Australia

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Australian Cricket team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Ohh man, had me in tears for a while there

Comment

lmao - very very good!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Good one . . .
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
          Good one . . .
          crikey mythman, are you feeling alright?

the Barmy Army have done some great stuff ... here's one of my favourites from 2009 ...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTHc5wIzRQA

or, if you just want to gawp at the girls in the video above a bit more, this one's well worth watching
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EM8o5js3Po
          Last edited by DandyA; 25 August 2013, 01:14 AM. Reason: changed the link to the first vid to a much better version

Comment

Bring on Summer . . .

Revenge is always sweet!

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
              Bring on Summer . . .

Revenge is always sweet!

yes, I admit having to play another Ashes Series downunder in 6 months time worries me a lot ... that's why I've been trying not to gloat too much LOL ... but couldn't resist when someone sent me that story of the little boy

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                yes, I admit having to play another Ashes Series downunder in 6 months time worries me a lot ... that's why I've been trying not to gloat too much LOL ... but couldn't resist when someone sent me that story of the little boy
                Fingers crossed the Aussies can lift their game. It is even worse getting beaten at home. Bring it on!!

Comment

They are going to have to sack the useless mongrels if we want to beat the poms here.

Comment

I don't think there has been too much between the teams, there is an argument that the Aussies could have won three of the tests, with a bit of luck and the weather holding up, I'm not confident about the return series at all.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                    X