X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    well I made it to work safely this morning
    got to say though, one of the Heathrow coaches got a bit close
    Them bloody coach drivers eh!!!! (I used to be one of em) think they own the bloody road!!! Haha
    You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
      Them bloody coach drivers eh!!!! (I used to be one of em) think they own the bloody road!!! Haha

I'll let you off Fred, ex-coach drivers are ok
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        I didn't make the mistakes lol, he did !!!

like I said jrc, without prejudice. There are always reasons why and no parent is innocent.

Comment

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/arch...gination=false

Comment

Well i don't know where to start, things have happened which i wont discuss, but my lad has ended up in Durham Jail on remand till 18th March at least, he went in on New Years eve, so my Xmas and New Year was a write off !!
            He's my son and i love him, no matter what anybody says, only got to see him once so far, absolute nightmare trying to get visits sorted.
            My work are taking the total **** out of me, and i am ready to jack it all in. I got finished back in Feb '09, but eventually got a job back there (but on self employed basis) in July '11, doing the exact same job for half the money !! I was promised a pay rise as soon as they could, but fook all happened. We are incredibly busy at the moment to the point of they are taking on a new person next Wednesday, i challenged them about that on Friday afternoon, and ended up getting a measly £1 an hour rise but not starting till beginning of Feb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, bearing in mind it should really be £10 an hour rise you can maybe understand my frustration ??
            They need me, but don't pay me ffs, got a feeling i might be sick for a while

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Well i don't know where to start, things have happened which i wont discuss, but my lad has ended up in Durham Jail on remand till 18th March at least, he went in on New Years eve, so my Xmas and New Year was a write off !!
              He's my son and i love him, no matter what anybody says, only got to see him once so far, absolute nightmare trying to get visits sorted.
              My work are taking the total **** out of me, and i am ready to jack it all in. I got finished back in Feb '09, but eventually got a job back there (but on self employed basis) in July '11, doing the exact same job for half the money !! I was promised a pay rise as soon as they could, but fook all happened. We are incredibly busy at the moment to the point of they are taking on a new person next Wednesday, i challenged them about that on Friday afternoon, and ended up getting a measly £1 an hour rise but not starting till beginning of Feb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, bearing in mind it should really be £10 an hour rise you can maybe understand my frustration ??
              They need me, but don't pay me ffs, got a feeling i might be sick for a while
              i dont have much life experience in respect of you and fred england (r.i.p.) who have commented here, but what i have seen here and experienced for myself i still believe all is not lost. If fred believed things cans be sorted between you and your son, then i do too. just think it may take some time. maybe same goes for your work, wish you all the best with things mate. do hope things work them selves out, i also think life is too short , so gotta do best you can. Fred taught me that.

Comment

not in d wing is he? - sorry to hear this news but yep he is still your son.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Sorry to hear the Bad news JRC, but as people already mentioned he is your Son and i have 3 children myself and i would do "Anything" for them so i know its hard on you mate but i wish you and your family good luck and hope it all gets sorted.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    not in d wing is he? - sorry to hear this news but yep he is still your son.
                    A wing Andrew.
                    Last time i saw him he had shoulder length dyed black hair wearing tie dye Grateful Dead tee shirts, on the visit i was shocked to see a shaven headed person wearing prison clothes, bit of a shock to my system !

Comment

That would be a shock to anybody hope things work themselves out for you and yours. Strange they still give people those short hair cuts they stopped doing that here along time ago.

Comment

They didn't make him cut it, he was advised by the regular inmates to do it, to avoid becoming a "target", best to blend in etc

Comment

S@$t happens, you can't stop it, and half the time you can't fix it, just need to get on with life, dwelling on it and getting angry doesn't help, trust me! Your son will be fine, prisons aren't what they used to be, with a bit of luck he'll come out with a few qualifications or at least a decent lesson under his belt. As for work, play the long game, were all under payed, but until you can find better they hold all the cards and they know it, also if your self employed you don't get sick pay so you actually save them money!
                          I've been there with the work situation and nearly made myself really ill, came out the other side with a different outlook, if theres food on the table, beer in my belly and enough money left over to light the house and the snooker table, everything else is a bonus!
                          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Ohh yeah if i'm "sick" i don't get paid, but it will mess them up something rotten
                            Every job we do is a massive last minute panic to get out, and i'm the checker who says if the drawings are alright or not to be issued, the bosses are taking work home every night, so they couldn't possibly fit my 44 hours into their lives as well, i'm an important cog in the machine, i think we have around 1600 tonnes of steel to issue in next 5 weeks or so, it is going to be hectic, hence starting someone new to ease the load, but i guarantee he will be on more than me !!!

Comment

Sounds like there struggling, giving you 2 choices help or exploit, like i say play the long game and the rewards are sure to be greater, you might even be able to get your son a job when he gets out. Too many firms going under these days, and its never the bosses who lose out!
                              No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I have two kids one 20 one 18 , my parenting style would be classed as Victorian by todays standards lol, there were only two rules in our house, 1 dads always right, rule 2 when dad's wrong rule 1 applies
                                I never ever lifted a finger to them I don't believe in it, and I doubt I raised my voice more than twice, but when a punishment was handed out ,it was done ,no excuses, and it was explained to them why they got it.
                                Like puppies kids have to be taught when they are young, the old saying, give me a child till it's seven and I will give you the man, is so true. We can only instil good values and let them go, and even if they make mistakes hopefully these values will bring them back to the straight and narrow, I think a bit of tough love is needed, if the lad wants to be part of the family he must earn the right by good behaviour to do so. The best of luck JRC it's a tough one.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X