No announcement yet.

Ferrari delivered this morning :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few nice watches, but I prefer some of the less mainstream manufacturers. Imo rolex is incredibly overrated, and more of a status symbol (although i do have a submariner).

Adr whats the patek you've got?

I've probably got the worst addiction though, had about 40 hq watches change hands over the last 6 years or so and currently have a fair few lying about here and there, and I'm afraid watches come just before snooker for me.

Comment

plain one 1950's i think, gold edge black leather - looks very simple, i wore it for a year or so before somebody told be it was worth a lot, i had never heard of them and it was a gift when i was a teenager!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

This is one of my watches. Do not have any really expensive ones these days. Used to have an Omega Constellation Chronometer back in the fifties when they first came out and had such a lot of trouble with it and Omega never sorted it out. Since then, would not touch an Omega again.
        Attached Files

Comment

finally got photobucket working, here is my every-day watch that I have loved, from the day I saw it in the catalogue that the ex-pat chappie had, for its classic looks and simplicity

typical, did not notice the fluff on it till I saw the photo
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            plain one 1950's i think, gold edge black leather - looks very simple, i wore it for a year or so before somebody told be it was worth a lot, i had never heard of them and it was a gift when i was a teenager!
            Nice gift!!!

I have one from the 40's with a rectangular dial, but never wear it as it's fairly delicate so sits in storage along with a few others.

Currently have a few watches on the day to day rotation: Bell & Ross type aviation, Omega Seamaster Professional, Omega Railmaster, Breitling Superocean Professional, Rolex Submariner. The rest all sit in hibernation until a very special occasion comes a long.

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
              .... Bell & Ross type aviation, Omega Seamaster Professional, Omega Railmaster, Breitling Superocean Professional, Rolex Submariner. The rest all sit in hibernation until a very special occasion comes a long.
              Sounds like some collection !!!
              What are the rest ????

Comment

Nice gift!!!

I have one from the 40's with a rectangular dial, but never wear it as it's fairly delicate so sits in storage along with a few others.

Currently have a few watches on the day to day rotation: Bell & Ross type aviation, Omega Seamaster Professional, Omega Railmaster, Breitling Superocean Professional, Rolex Submariner. The rest all sit in hibernation until a very special occasion comes a long.
                I have a few wealthy relatives! I own a few valuable things but then I have no pension so It is my nest egg as it were!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Sounds like some collection !!!
                  What are the rest ????
                  I have 6 in storage: Alain Silberstein skeleton watch, Franck Muller crazy hours, IWC Portuguese, A Lange & Sohne Moonphase, Ulysse Nardin Chronometre & the patek philippe mentioned earlier. A couple more to tick off my wish-list and I'll probably stop buying.

I have a few wealthy relatives! I own a few valuable things but then I have no pension so It is my nest egg as it were!
                  Haha, I have already put plans in place for my pension and haven't even started working yet, well properly.

Comment

I have 6 in storage: Alain Silberstein skeleton watch, Franck Muller crazy hours, IWC Portuguese, A Lange & Sohne Moonphase, Ulysse Nardin Chronometre & the patek philippe mentioned earlier. A couple more to tick off my wish-list and I'll probably stop buying.

Haha, I have already put plans in place for my pension and haven't even started working yet, well properly.
                    Hmm at only 21 you own all these expensive watches ??? how does that come about then ??

Comment

well i have not had an employer since I was about 20.

Comment

Hmm at only 21 you own all these expensive watches ??? how does that come about then ??
                        he is a well known cocaine dealer.

Comment

At the age of 13 I was left a moderately hefty inheritance along with the Patek from my grandfather. At that point I didn't know the difference between a casio and a richard mille I researched about it and took an interest in the watches mainly because of their worth. So I decided to invest in a couple with some of the money. An old girard perregaux and a vintage IWC as I thought they were safe bets for the money, I bought them at auction in the Birmingham jewellery quarter. About a year later having worn them a few times I made a sizeable profit on my initial investment. I thought I've done it once whats stopping me doing it again. I had the capital and some basic knowledge, which is what I've done over the last few years, bought a few (at the right price) worn them a bit and them passed them on. The AS and FM were presents from the parents though, 18th & 21st.

Comment

shhhhhh!!!

Comment

Ferrari delivered this morning

or a Pimp....Huggy Bear.....RogiBear....no coincidence
                              On Cue Facebook Page
                              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

At the age of 13 I was left a moderately hefty inheritance along with the Patek from my grandfather. At that point I didn't know the difference between a casio and a richard mille I researched about it and took an interest in the watches mainly because of their worth. So I decided to invest in a couple with some of the money. An old girard perregaux and a vintage IWC as I thought they were safe bets for the money, I bought them at auction in the Birmingham jewellery quarter. About a year later having worn them a few times I made a sizeable profit on my initial investment. I thought I've done it once whats stopping me doing it again. I had the capital and some basic knowledge, which is what I've done over the last few years, bought a few (at the right price) worn them a bit and them passed them on. The AS and FM were presents from the parents though, 18th & 21st.
                                Very interesting, and nice you didn't just buys lots of sweets and toys, which i would of done at 13 lol

Ha ha ha better than working tho

Comment

Working...
                                X