favourite computer games of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favourite computer games of all time?

thought I would start a thread for people who like console and pc games.

Here are my top ten.

1. Grand Theft Auto- PS3 - latest game is so good
    2. football manager 01- PC - editable and addictive lost a year of my life on this still a great game
    3. Black & White - PC - Great God game
    4. Civilisation 4 - PC - Run the world and immerse yourself
    5. Scarface - PS2 - Say hello to my little friend - gangster godfather game made me laugh.
    6. Galaxian - coin op - still annoys the hell out of me
    7. Golf on any console - Ps3 n 2 Philips CDI and loved a few probably others TW Masters was great
    8. Sim City 2000- boring but still addictive strangly
    9. Red Dead Redemption - PS3 - fun GTA on a horse
    10 Boxing manager - spectrum 128 - pap graphics but never ending editable totally unpredictable and addictive.

Probably a few I have forgot about and being a bit sentimental as with work I don't get time to play much any more like I did as a kid but I like a game with longevity.

I stopped playing virtual gaming about 8 years ago.
    The one and only game i liked was Counterstrike
    mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Lemmings ... the puzzles were fantastic and if you got it wrong, the nuke button was never far away

Comment

For me it's old school, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Centipede, Moon Base Delta (?), then a bit later Duke Nukem and Doom

Comment

retro games yeah mentioned one called galaxians but forgot to mention Robotron, Defender, Scramble, Star Wars, Outrun, Pac Man, Donkey kong, that egg game Dizzy and always wondered what happened in this game at the end.

I thought Asteroids was well hard and that moon lander thing was impossible never did it once. You always knew someone who knew how to maximise the shots on space invaders to get maximum points on the mother ship too or clock a game and make ten pence last hours when you where nicking off school in the arcades.
          Last edited by Byrom; 27 October 2013, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I had the highest score on Asteroids and Space Invaders when we used to have a games section on here, what happened to that ehh ??

Comment

I used to love spending my 20 cent pieces on Bombjack when I got off the school bus in 1984.

A great 4 player game was Gauntlet (1985) "Warrior shot the food"

I also liked playing 1943 - The Battle of Midway (1987)

It was a great game to play with a mate too.
              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

I don't play them any more but my favourites as a youngster were:

Manic Miner on the Amstrad PCP464 (with colour monitor) lol if anyone remembers!!
                Track and Field on the Spectrum
                Brian Cloughs Football Fortunes on a very old PC!
                Pole Position on the Atari
                Football Manager on the Amstrad (remember the matchstick men) haha

That's about it for me. Memories from my childhood gaming!!
                You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

I loved bit um ups

so
                  streetfighter
                  pit fighter
                  final fight
                  mortal combat
                  king of the fighters

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                    I loved bit um ups

so
                    streetfighter
                    pit fighter
                    final fight
                    mortal combat
                    king of the fighters
                    Sorry to be pedantic, but should that be "shoot em ups" matty? That's how I remember them mate.
                    You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

When I lived with my parents many moons ago, we moved house to a wee village.
                      In the pub was a Galaxians machine, with a sign indicating a bottle of vodka for the high score every month.
                      This was my favourite old school game, and 1st time in the pub, scored 356k.
                      Got my vodka at the end of the month, then noticed to sign was away next day.

Barman explained, that before that, the high score was 60k !!!
                      with hindsight, I should have adopted the Sergei Bubka approach to record breaking. .

Used to enjoy golf on P.C.s, but with modern Wi-type controllers, you seem to have to be
                      handy at golf to do well . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
                        Sorry to be pedantic, but should that be "shoot em ups" matty? That's how I remember them mate.
                        Maybe should read "beat em ups" as no guns involved?

Comment

Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
                          I don't play them any more but my favourites as a youngster were:

Manic Miner on the Amstrad PCP464 (with colour monitor) lol if anyone remembers!!
                          Track and Field on the Spectrum
                          Brian Cloughs Football Fortunes on a very old PC!
                          Pole Position on the Atari
                          Football Manager on the Amstrad (remember the matchstick men) haha

That's about it for me. Memories from my childhood gaming!!
                          Gosh yeah loved track n field did not half hurt your fingers though and there was a karate game called IK+ dig dug and some of those adventure games and dizzy the egg puzzle game and wow those times you spent waiting for the game to load the annoying sccrrrrrrrr weeeeeeeeee scussssssssss noise then crash. try and load it again - somehow you got enormous satisfaction when it loaded.

Don't know there born today Fred no CD's instant loading and 3D this and that in my day. The most popular lad at our school had a pack man watch- hated him.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            The most popular lad at our school had a pack man watch- hated him.
                            Geez, at our school we were jealous of kids with calculator watches.
                            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                              Geez, at our school we were jealous of kids with calculator watches.
                              Yeah especially if you sat next to them in maths!

I think I remember that midway game by the way was that the plane game that did somersaults and you landed on a carrier at the end of a mission?

Used to love arcades - pity they don't have a games section on this site would be a laugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X