Springboks vs Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springboks vs Wales

Us Saffers are ruby mad, so looking forward to the game against Wales today.

Let me just say that i always turn up the volume of the TV full blast when the Cardiff crowd sings the Wales national anthem ( Land of my forefarthers?) - even gives us goosepimps down here in Africa.

It should be a great match - 6 Nations champs versus a Springbok side starting to hit their stride.

My prediction 27 - 19 to the Boks

Put down your predictions and lets see who gets the closest

12 - 17 to the Boks at half time. Good game

Comment

Final score 24 - 15 to the Boks, so initial prediction was close.

Comment

To be fair, the game was perhaps spoilt by the injuries to the Welsh side, and that was a shame.

I had S.A as favourites, but by a slight margin only. The last number of games between these sides (or nations) have been extremely close. S.A definitely rode their luck a little I feel, and had a few very iffy decisions go their way, but then, they were far more clinical with the opportunties they had, and that was telling at the end. Wales bossed much of the game in truth, and probably had the better in the contact area. Territory and possession were stats massively in Wales' favour, but that's no good if you can't turn it into points. Therein was maybe their weakness. They had good opportunties in good positions and were maybe a bit anxious, when a little more patience and pressure might have told and paid dividends.

A good competitive game yes, but one which was disjointed and diminished by the loss of so many key Welsh players.

Wales will be very disappointed with that showing.

Well done South Afica.

Comment

You seen the all blacks recently ? Recon England will have lots of problems with them .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

If the England forwards can step up and dominate NZ physically up front, then they can be in with a chance.

What Trev says about the Wales injuries is true, but it was also due to the physicality of Springbok players like Willem Alberts, Duane Vermeulen an Eben Etzebeth.

If England can do the same then things can get interesting

Comment

Working...
            X