Is this the beginning of the end of Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the beginning of the end of Sky

BT, has announced it has exclusive rights to Champions league and Europa league games, could this be the beginning of the end for Sky?
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

BT have paid well over the odds for the matches in my opinion ........£299 million per season
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Yes said 900 million

Comment

Haven't had satellite TV for 10 years or so... I was asking a chap at work how much he pays for Sky TV and it was almost £60 p/m

Jebus, you'd need to watch lots of telly to make that worthwhile!

Comment

Originally Posted by humperdingle View Post
          Haven't had satellite TV for 10 years or so... I was asking a chap at work how much he pays for Sky TV and it was almost £60 p/m

Jebus, you'd need to watch lots of telly to make that worthwhile!
          Heard on TV that BT says it will make it much more affordable to the public, talk of ten pound a month

Comment

£10 for what though?.....just sport ? Need to see what their total package will be .

Can't see Sky giving up that easy .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I am only guessing but the football must be sky's biggest customers

Comment

What makes it a joke with wanting sky sports package , is you can't just buy the sports package alone. The con is/ or was, you have to purchase it with one of their entertainment packages aswell.

Comment

I think you can buy the sports package on its own through that new PAYG box they released, only problem with that is I think it streams through the internet and if you are not on SKY Unlimited broadband you are going to get screwed by your broadband provider for bandwidth usage.

Comment

Ah yes, forgot about that now box. Thats a even more rip off in my eyes lol, £9.99 for 24 hour access.

Comment

Doubt its the end of Sky as the PL will always be the biggest pull for customers. Only fans of the top clubs are going to be miffed about BT getting the CL coverage but they have paid over the odds. Reminds me a little bit of a few years back when another channel got some PL games and they ended up paying over the odds and went bust.

BT might regret this as I just don't see how they'll get the revenue to cover this. Doesn't matter how cheap they make it to watch a fraction of average PL games and the CL coverage compared to Sky who offer all the best PL coverage, La Liga, cricket, rugby, tennis, darts, they cover all the bases for the all round sports fan. Not to mention there are of course ways of watching any of this sport free via streaming sites, why pay for what BT are trying to make money off.

Comment

The champions league is the biggest cup competition in the world, of course it's going to make a big difference for BT sport and hurt Sky's yearly profit, I think some folks would be surprised just how many people watch the champions league in the uk every week it's live, all football fans like to see the best playing the best! BT sport are building a very attractive more affordable package and it won't be long till sky have to drop their prices to compete!
                        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                          The champions league is the biggest cup competition in the world, of course it's going to make a big difference for BT sport and hurt Sky's yearly profit, I think some folks would be surprised just how many people watch the champions league in the uk every week it's live, all football fans like to see the best playing the best! BT sport are building a very attractive more affordable package and it won't be long till sky have to drop their prices to compete!
                          The only reason a lot of people watch the CL is because its part of the overall Sky package and of course the fact that the majority of viewers come from the free coverage on ITV. With one sole channel having a monopoly on that I can pretty much be certain those figures will decline once 2015 arrives. Already football is being priced away from the average fan, one thing football won't appeal to is the rich so they have to make sure they price it to attract viewers over to BT.

Fans are sick of all this extra money they keep having to pay to watch what was already part of their current pay deal. To have to stump up another £12 p/m on top of energy price rises and everything else, at some point fans are going to say enough is enough.

Comment

Working...
                          X