The Ashes . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ashes . . .

Alright I am game. Anyone watching the Ashes?

Or is it on too late over there for you poor English sods?

Australia Team:

CJL Rogers, DA Warner, SR Watson, MJ Clarke (C), SPD Smith, GJ Bailey, BJ Haddin, PM Siddle, MG Johnson, NM Lyon, RJ Harris

England Team:

AN Cook (C), MA Carberry, IJL Trott, KP Pietersen, IR Bell, JE Root, MJ Prior, SCJ Broad, GP Swann, JM Anderson, CT Tremlett

Australia wins the toss and decides to bat. Crowd goes wild!

Great start by Warner. 4 off his first ball faced

Geez, Rogers gone for 1 run

It should be a good series.

C'mon Aussies!!

Bring it on!
    Last edited by mythman69; 21 November 2013, 12:38 AM.
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Just come in from pub, gonna watch few hours if i can keep awake

Comment

Don't boo broad it just spurs him on

Comment

Originally Posted by Gary Hall View Post
        Don't boo broad it just spurs him on
        Not a great start after lunch. Clarke out for 1 run too.

C'mon Warner!

Edit: Warner out for 49

Geez . . . this could get ugly.
        Last edited by mythman69; 21 November 2013, 03:04 AM.
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

make that 4 haha

Comment

Originally Posted by Gary Hall View Post
            make that 4 haha
            Hmmm, 5 wickets down . . . still you must have fallen asleep.

Comment

6 wickets down . . . maybe I can stream some curling or something

Glad I am the only one watching this.

Comment

Psst, don't tell anyone but I love the cricket, but if it gets out I will never be allowed back in Scotland, I am off work with chest infection so I'm listening to it on test match special.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Good to see Broad take 5 wickets after all the boos and the bashing he took in the Aussie local paper!!
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Sorry itsnoteasy, your barred !!

I'm part of a small but dedicated taskforce

responsible for naming & shaming Scottish Cricket fans.

There is a choice of either deportation, or you can go on a training course
                    to get you back onto the straight and narrow.

only jesting of course, each to their own eh ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                      Sorry itsnoteasy, your barred !!

I'm part of a small but dedicated taskforce

responsible for naming & shaming Scottish Cricket fans.

There is a choice of either deportation, or you can go on a training course
                      to get you back onto the straight and narrow.

only jesting of course, each to their own eh ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      I may as well get it all out in the open and ask for forgiveness , I used to play it as well , I'm so ashamed , wish I was a crack addict it would be easier to admit.
                      There is no excuse for it, I don't even have any English blood in me anywhere down the line, so I just can't explain it, maybe I have some South African blood as they all seem to play for England lol.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

There is no shame in liking cricket it is only savages that don't understand the game that don't like it. Go Aussies go.

Comment

big mistake getting Trott out in the over before lunch ... don't you Aussies know who's coming in next

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                            big mistake getting Trott out in the over before lunch ... don't you Aussies know who's coming in next
                            Hat-trick coming up next

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                              Hat-trick coming up next
                              37.2 Lyon to Bell, out Caught by S Smith!! Why did I say that he was blocking well? The Gabba erupts. England in deep trouble now. 8 times out of 10 Bell would have easily nudged this shortish delivery behind square on the on-side, but this time he gets an inside edge which pops to short-leg off the thigh pad. Australia have got their rewards for keeping the pressure on the batsmen. Bell c S Smith b Lyon 5(16)

37.3 Lyon to Prior, out Caught by S Smith!! Well, well, well, this was very similar to Bell's dismissal. Lyon has got two wickets with balls ones were not really wicket taking deliveries. Slower and shorter down the leg side, Prior tries to flick, instead the ball goes straight onto the thigh pad off the face of the bat, Smith dives to his right from short-leg and completes a fine catch. So then, we have the first DRS of the series and a sucessful one. Lyon wasn't convinced but it was Smith who demanded a review. Prior c S Smith b Lyon 0(1)

37.4 Lyon to Broad, no run, a really poor hat-trick ball. Flighted delivery wide outside off stump.

Close but no cigar . . .
                              Last edited by mythman69; 22 November 2013, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X