Wi-fi Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wi-fi Tablet

Anyone using one of the all you can eat data sims from '3' that cost £15 in an Android Tablet?

Guy in the shop says they're just for phones but found conflicting advice on the net that an Android tablet recognises them ok.

Ideally would like to purchase a Mifi dongle and insert the sim in this to give wifi to the android tablet.

Anyone know about this techy stuff?
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

This may not be much help to you bud.......

But I use my iPhone as a dongle with my iPad then you use your data allowance on your phone contact. Maybe you could do that rather get another contact out for your tablet.

Plus a lot of them all you can eat data bundles have a fair use policy on them so it might be worth having a look at the small print on the contact.
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
      This may not be much help to you bud.......

But I use my iPhone as a dongle with my iPad then you use your data allowance on your phone contact. Maybe you could do that rather get another contact out for your tablet.

Plus a lot of them all you can eat data bundles have a fair use policy on them so it might be worth having a look at the small print on the contact.
      Thanks mate unfortunately my smartphone doesnt support fast DC-HSDPA speeds. Either need a phone that does or a mifi dongle. Obviously your iphone supports fast data speeds. Believe the Nokia Lumia 520 does as well so may have to consider getting a new phone.
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

I use GiffGaff for my iPad and it is great, never had a problem with it.

I spend £7.50 a month for a 1GB Gigabag but there is one for £12.50 for 3GB if you use alot, I find that 1GB is plenty but if I do run out I also have 1GB on my phone and can use tethering.

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
          I use GiffGaff for my iPad and it is great, never had a problem with it.

I spend £7.50 a month for a 1GB Gigabag but there is one for £12.50 for 3GB if you use alot, I find that 1GB is plenty but if I do run out I also have 1GB on my phone and can use tethering.
          Thanks, Thought I'd read that Giff Gaff dont allow tethering. Are you using an iphone along with the ipad?

Comment

Yes, and the tethering works fine.

You may find that on some phones you can not do it but my iPhone was purchased direct from Apple so I am guessing all the features were unlocked, saying that I was using a Nokia Lumia 520 for a month when I sold my old iPhone and switched network and tethering worked fine with that too and that was a o2 branded phone.

Comment

Working...
            X