Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's used myHermes

Never was any good with numbers. The hermes website states the following:

Any parcel must also be less than 120cm on any side and a maximum combined length and circumference of 225cm.

Got a parcel that measures 60cm x 60cm x 7cm.

Basically – will they take it from a drop off shop or is it to big?

Thought I’d read some of you guys send cues with these. How if maximum length allowed is 120cm?

Thanks
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post

Any parcel must also be less than 120cm on any side and a maximum combined length and circumference of 225cm.

Thought I’d read some of you guys send cues with these. How if maximum length allowed is 120cm?

Thanks

I don't know about the lengths or what not what i do know is i had a parcel by hermes and they left it outside and it got nicked, would never use them again

Comment

Thanks
      Strictly by the dimensions they give, you can't send a cue using them, however depending on the drop off place they may accept it, although the driver could still refuse to take it if its too large.

Comment

anything over 5' usually don't go, but if you go someone who's just got off the boat serving you they may just say thanks and wrap it up

Comment

Would a parcel of the dimensions given in my original post meet the size requirements?

As for the parcel that was left and stolen. For an extra pound you can get a signed delivery according to their site.
          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

I used them to send a snooker ball case to someone and it arrived ok. Dimension wise a ball case is about the size of your parcel I would think, say 2 foot x 2 foot roughly? I think the problem with MyHerpes is that the quality of the drivers can vary. They're probably self employed and paid "per delivery" so the pressure to rush things and get finished will be great.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
              I used them to send a snooker ball case to someone and it arrived ok. Dimension wise a ball case is about the size of your parcel I would think, say 2 foot x 2 foot roughly? I think the problem with MyHerpes is that the quality of the drivers can vary. They're probably self employed and paid "per delivery" so the pressure to rush things and get finished will be great.
              Thanks for that. Might try them once and see how it goes. Half the price of parcel force and the local drop off point is just down the road from me.

Comment

Yes you parcel is within dims (194 out of 225 allowed on our cubic dims).
                Yes standard sevice means delivery to person, or safe place - if people read the site they might know this..
                Yes you can request signiture only so the courier will have to get a POD.
                Yes the odd parcel does get damaged but we benchmark against other companies and our service is no worse than anyone elses and significantly better than many! Just package appropriately (remember all UK carriers use machines for sortation, so 'fragile' and 'this way up' tape is very pretty but I've never known a machine that reads it!). Also select appropriate compensation so if the worst does happen you're aptly compensated - you'd be amazed how many people read that the standard compensation is £50, send us something worth £300 and then complain all over social media that we'll only pay them the £50 they paid for... like we're a charity?

Oh and to the person who said "just send items that are too large anyway", yes the courier may accept it, but there's a strong likelyhood it will either be returned to you, held up significantly in the network, or even damaged. The max dims are what they are due to operational constraints, the only was you can make something that's too large fit through something is to make it smaller.. Most courier use std size cars, if you have a car full of parcels and you have to squeeze in a 1.5m cue bad things could happen!
                Last edited by perpetualboredom; 23 March 2014, 11:02 AM.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                  Yes you parcel is within dims (194 out of 225 allowed on our cubic dims).
                  Yes standard sevice means delivery to person, or safe place - if people read the site they might know this..
                  Yes you can request signiture only so the courier will have to get a POD.
                  Yes the odd parcel does get damaged but we benchmark against other companies and our service is no worse than anyone elses and significantly better than many! Just package appropriately (remember all UK carriers use machines for sortation, so 'fragile' and 'this way up' tape is very pretty but I've never known a machine that reads it!). Also select appropriate compensation so if the worst does happen you're aptly compensated - you'd be amazed how many people read that the standard compensation is £50, send us something worth £300 and then complain all over social media that we'll only pay them the £50 they paid for... like we're a charity?

Oh and to the person who said "just send items that are too large anyway", yes the courier may accept it, but there's a strong likelyhood it will either be returned to you, held up significantly in the network, or even damaged. The max dims are what they are due to operational constraints, the only was you can make something that's too large fit through something is to make it smaller.. Most courier use std size cars, if you have a car full of parcels and you have to squeeze in a 1.5m cue bad things could happen!
                  Thats great many thanks.

Comment

I used to be a postman. In the course of doing my job I've seen countless parcels left on doorsteps and behind bins by companies like Hermes.
                    I've even seen parcels left on the doorstep which was for the wrong street.

Those guys get paid 50p to 75p to deliver those. They go as fast as they can and will leave them just about anywhere to make the delivery as they don't get paid if it doesn't get delivered. They use their own vehicles which I doubt is insured as a commercial courier as that is expensive.

Pay the extra and get it posted by Parcel Force, DPD or UPS. A trusted company.
                    Last edited by cyberheater; 23 March 2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Would a parcel of the dimensions given in my original post meet the size requirements?

As for the parcel that was left and stolen. For an extra pound you can get a signed delivery according to their site.

I have had it signed delivery and they have still left without, that company has so much bad feedback on fb its unreal lol

Comment

O dear perhaps not such a good idea then. Sent countless cues and fishing rods via parcel force and never once had a problem. Its just that theyre so bloody expensive.

The item I have to send sold for £40 on ebay. With fees and parcel force about £17 gets swollowed up in costs.

Comment

I wouldn't use Hermes they are the worst of the worst, I stick to UPS, FedEx and parcelforce
                          77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                            ... send us something worth £300 and then complain all over social media that we'll only pay them the £50 they paid for... like we're a charity? ...
                            Do i take it you work for them Mike ? lol
                            .. The item I have to send sold for £40 on ebay. With fees and parcel force about £17 gets swollowed up in costs.
                            Well surely you priced the postage appropriately ?? i always do cues at £13, which just about covers cues up to £200 with parcelforce

Comment

hermes are very good for items they can't damage of lowish value - boxes of chalk!
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X