• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you applied for your late night licence yet mate

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
      Have you applied for your late night licence yet mate
      I'm keeping that on the down low. Ha ha.

I'm going to pick up a 40 pint pressurised barrel from Wilko's for around £12. That means I can have 40 pints on tap and another 40 pints brewing.

When I think how cheaply I can make the stuff just buying from shops. It must cost the brewery a couple of pennies per pint. Why is it you can't get 2 pints for less then a fiver in the pub. What a rip.

Comment

I remember trying beer making many years ago, when I had my first flat
        the longer you leave it, the better it gets but it is an acquired taste!
        Unfortunately my mates and I never left it long enough
        best of luck to you.
        Last edited by DeanH; 18 June 2014, 05:57 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          I remember trying beer making many years ago, when I had my first flat
          the longer you leave it, the better it gets but it is an acquired taste!
          Unfortunately my mates and I never left it long enough
          best of luck to you.
          As I understand it. In the pursuit of perfection. The eager brewer will sample the beer early just for quality control purposes you understand until it's all gone. I'll probably do the same.

Anyhoo. I currently have 40 pints of something that may be lager currently fermenting in my back bedroom.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
            As I understand it. In the pursuit of perfection. The eager brewer will sample the beer early just for quality control purposes you understand until it's all gone. I'll probably do the same.

Anyhoo. I currently have 40 pints of something that may be lager currently fermenting in my back bedroom.
            yep correct and it is amazing how many friends want to pop by to sample to check if it is ready
            40 pints don't seem to last that long...

Comment

40 pints don't seem to last that long...
              No it doesn't. I've only got about 15 pints left. I've got no patience what so ever.
              I've already got another 40 pints in the fermentor vessel waiting to get bottled and another beer kit waiting to go.

I got this stuff cheap from Tesco's. £8.50. Not bad.

I added a little more sugar and left it short at 20 litres. I also added a good couple of dollops of golden syrup.
              The reading is this.

Comment

Anyone make their own beer?

how did the first 25 go?

Comment

how did the first 25 go?
                  It went surprisingly well. A bit fruity and a bit cloudy but quite drinkable once you cooled it down a bit. It was also a bit deceptive. It really didn't taste very alcoholic at all. But after a few pints it hit you. I was quite surprised.

It definitely worked

Comment

Anyone make their own beer?

yep sounds like my attempts
                    especially the cloudiness and hidden kick
                    keep us appraised on how the rest go.
                    question ... do you have a potting shed?
                    if so you may have a queue (no pun) of TSFers wanting to test the next barrel

Comment

I might have to venture into this sounds interesting

Comment

Ive been making home brewed beer for over 20 years. That's my first love, with snooker coming in second. With attention to detail and proper temperature control, I can make beer that is superior to that in the pub, because I'm not limited to making a profit. Anyone who gets into home brewing thinking it will save money is mistaken. If all I wanted was to drink cheap beer I would just buy cheap beer. I currently have 8 kegs serving in the beer room / snooker room, with ten gallons fermenting. From English Brown, to German Pilsner to American IPA, I never have less than 50 gallons of beer available at any time. If you go into home brewing half assed, then that's the kind of beer you will get. Kind of like snooker.

Comment

Working...
                        X