any golf players on the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any golf players on the forum

Is there any keen golfers on the forum I am just getting back into playing after a 7 year lay off I used to have a handicap of 13 always shoot mid 80s odd low 80s and got in the 70s once. I was never a full on player but used to go once a week and like i said just recently started playing again not getting in the 80s yet but still hitting the ball well just need practice especially on the green.

Used to play a lot in my teens, about 3x a week but started getting trouble with my back so had to stop. Still enjoy the odd 4 ball every now and then but can't get near what I used to shoot. The drive was a big part of my game, and around the green quite average.

Comment

It's a good combination golf and snooker if you can fit them both in... don't play as much golf as I would like due to work now though... Are you playing the same course?
      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

yep big golf lover my first love by a year.single digit in my youth,to be fair puts snooker to shame in the hardness stakes so hard to get really good .

Comment

Most of the snooker players play golf -

Room for a golf - snooker pro mixed doubles event maybe?
          That would raise the profile of snooker for sure.

Now that would be interesting Rory Mc & Mark Allen v Tiger Woods and Sean Murphy and so on

Comment

Big golf fan injury now knocks me right back, layer a few games after having a new knee nöw torn a rotater cuff in my shoulder,going for a game Friday, not fit but who cares,lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
              Big golf fan injury now knocks me right back, layer a few games after having a new knee nöw torn a rotater cuff in my shoulder,going for a game Friday, not fit but who cares,lol
              similar! knees are knackered so cant stand and swing the club often enough or walk courses now, in the process of being fixed so may take it back up again after!

got down to 18 handicap, won a couple of comps when used to be a club member etc, can still thwack it a good distance on the range but only 20 or so balls these days when in portugal and its warm!

Comment

well lads played golf knocked 18 shots off previous round had my first par for about 3-4 year with layoff and finished with an eagle well chuffed knocked around of 90.

Comment

Did the strong winds help you out Jim
                  Well done on the Eagle tho

Comment

Working...
                  X