X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DandyA
    replied
    Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
    Great to see Sean Abbott back bowling again.

Plus he ended with the figures of 2/53 and 6/14.

yes indeed ...

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Great to see Sean Abbott back bowling again.

Plus he ended with the figures of 2/53 and 6/14.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I read on the red button yesterday that an umpire had been killed by a ball, it was clipped by the batsman and hit the umpire in the head, I'm guessing it was the square leg umpire but it didn't say.
    The Batsman hit the ball at the stumps and the ball the hit the umpire at the bowlers end . It was in Israel .

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    RIP Phil

Life is too short.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    I read on the red button yesterday that an umpire had been killed by a ball, it was clipped by the batsman and hit the umpire in the head, I'm guessing it was the square leg umpire but it didn't say.

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Neil Robertson takes cricket bat into the arena at UK Championships as a tribute to Phillip Hughes.

http://www.worldcuesports.com.au/phi...alian-snooker/

Leave a comment:

• sanman
    replied
    Not much research has been done in the design of helmets. Instead of helmets taking the impact most times you find batman who get caught square with a bouncer end up with a serious cut needing stitches. They sjould take cues from formula 1 where the car breaks up on impact and not the driver. Also the helmets do leave certain parts of the head exposed. In Hughes case it was fatal which is sad.

Leave a comment:

• DandyA
    replied
    Australia retire Phillip Hughes shirt number ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/30253982

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    it is a freak accident.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    I thought neck guards with small pockets filled with non-Newtonian fluid, would still allow movement, but stiffen up on any impact.
    Not a bad shout that Billabong, because it's so rare I'm not sure anything will be done,( is this only the second time?)which when you think of how the great West Indies used to bowl is remarkable, although they were quick enough to change the helmets when Broad got his nose broken because a ball went between his helmet cage and the peak , will just have to wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I love my cricket and this is a right shocker, so sad, just a young lad (both bowler and batsman) I wonder if helmets will get neck guards in them. As has been mentioned I can't bring myself to watch it.
    I thought neck guards with small pockets filled with non-Newtonian fluid, would still allow movement, but stiffen up on any impact.

Leave a comment:

• Stupree
    replied
    Cricket - Philip Hughes ...

Both my lads play and the elder of the two moves up to play with a hard ball next summer. Whilst I know there is very limited danger at this age it has certainly made me think about any future dangers they may have in the game.

I do find some happiness in knowing that Phillip was doing what he loved and knowing that all the hard work, dedication, and passion for the sport got him to play at the top level.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    I love my cricket and this is a right shocker, so sad, just a young lad (both bowler and batsman) I wonder if helmets will get neck guards in them. As has been mentioned I can't bring myself to watch it.

Leave a comment:

• gazza147
    replied
    Very Very Sad News and very Rare in Cricket! Boxing and a few other sports its more common but still doesnt make this feel any easier and my heart goes out to Family and Friends.

Gaz.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Terrible accident ,and can't bring myself to watch it .

Feel for the bowler as well.

I knew a boxer whose opponent died in the ring ,he fought 2 fights afterwards but didn't have it in him to continue his career .
    i think there are a few of them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X