HOT NEWS debate thread weekly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT NEWS debate thread weekly

Ok - thought I would start a thread to cover the hot news topic of the week -

Starting with this one - Lord - who was once in charge of the standards in Parliament

Now what kind of standard does he set - I mean all his money - he could have got a good looking prostitute

Comment

at least he's getting more than me!

Comment

These people are supposed to be our peers so you can understand why he has to resign, because he got caught! No one is shocked by this, everyone assumes these buggers have mistresses and live the champagne Charlie lifestyle.
        The more interesting debate is how these people are deemed our peers and given lordships for life, and £300 for turning up at the House of Lords for a nap!
        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
          These people are supposed to be our peers so you can understand why he has to resign, because he got caught! No one is shocked by this, everyone assumes these buggers have mistresses and live the champagne Charlie lifestyle.
          The more interesting debate is how these people are deemed our peers and given lordships for life, and £300 for turning up at the House of Lords for a nap!
          £300 isn't a lot for turning up because they have to maintain a flat in London and that can easily be £2k a month + food and bills, so no profit really, not compared to what they could be earning as consultants etc.

Secondly, we will always have peers and a monarchy while we remain peasants. Time to do what the French did, grow a pair, take personal responsibility for the kind of country and culture we need, and become a republic with a PR elected Senate to modify the extreme swings of political policy in the Commons. The system is totally loaded from top to bottom against the common man.

Comment

All that money n he don't even use a 20 pound note fer his snuff - and the bra never even fit him -

His standards not right

This was obviously a major set up by the newspaper though - but hey cant take it with you - why not have a bit of fun?
            He may have fallen on his sword but there are a few others still there in the lords who have done some strange things - setting fire to hotels - doing time in the nick and stuff -

I do think they need some representation in there from the common man - but same can be said of our MP system too - none of the systems give us this unfortunately. I actually think the Lords do a lot of good work that gets overshadowed by things like this.
            Last edited by Byrom; 29 July 2015, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              All that money n he don't even use a 20 pound note fer his snuff - and the bra never even fit him -

His standards not right

This was obviously a major set up by the newspaper though - but hey cant take it with you - why not have a bit of fun?
              He may have fallen on his sword but there are a few others still there in the lords who have done some strange things - setting fire to hotels - doing time in the nick and stuff -

I do think they need some representation in there from the common man - but same can be said of our MP system too - none of the systems give us this unfortunately. I actually think the Lords do a lot of good work that gets overshadowed by things like this.
              He's from Aberdeen, tight gits. Surprised he didn't use a £1 Scottish note from the 90s. Gonna cost him half a 1.2m house and 1/2 of the rest he owns if his younger wife has the sense to ditch him. This guy used to be a lecturer, someone with intelligence should have been a bit smarter.

Never elect anyone who wishes to stand...

Comment

I think all parliment the job lot should be drug tested and breath tested,they are supose to be fit to help run this country,a number of jobs allow the management to do this so why not there,you could also do the police,

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                  I think all parliment the job lot should be drug tested and breath tested,they are supose to be fit to help run this country,a number of jobs allow the management to do this so why not there,you could also do the police,
                  place would be empty

Comment

No one mentioned anything about this but terrible what happened in France.

The worlds in chaos

Comment

No one mentioned anything about this but terrible what happened in France.

The worlds in chaos
                      Madness what happened in France and feel for their families who lost someone but it was not like it wasn't expected, and it defiantly won't be the last.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                        Madness what happened in France and feel for their families who lost someone but it was not like it wasn't expected, and it defiantly won't be the last.
                        Yep what are the politicians thinking - accept hundreds of thousands of refugees from a country we are bombing? Let in nutters from abroad to help out the home-grown nutters too.

Is it too late to stop any of this madness happening on our streets too? Are Enoch Powell's words coming true?

Makes me sad Vive la France !

Last edited by Byrom; 16 November 2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

luckily all my friends in Paris are well; one couple were walking a few streets away from where the restaurants were hit
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yep what are the politicians thinking - accept hundreds of thousands of refugees from a country we are bombing? Let in nutters from abroad to help out the home-grown nutters too.

Is it too late to stop any of this madness happening on our streets too? Are Enoch Powell's words coming true?

Makes me sad Vive la France !

Yep it was inevitable and think there's a lot more nutters slipped through the net and it's not where but when the next act of terror will happen.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                              Yep it was inevitable and think there's a lot more nutters slipped through the net and it's not where but when the next act of terror will happen.
                              I am quite surprised our governments are still taking twenty thousand refugees with the first plane load arriving today - meanwhile even their own neighbouring Islamic countries are not taking any? it only takes a handful to do what they did in France. It seems all our governments does is pass laws to curtail individual freedoms snoop on e-mails and stuff. What good does that do to stop the committed terrorist who wants to blow himself up in a crowded place?

These politicians talk tough but do nothing.
                              Last edited by Byrom; 17 November 2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X