Room 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room 101

Ok let's have a ROOM 101 thread where you can put everything you hate into ROOM 101, I'm going to be Frank Skinner, give details on what you hate and why and I will make a decision and give my reasons, no prizes I'm afraid and mind your language

1. Snooker
    2. Other sports and games
    3. Modern life
    4. Technology
    5. People
    6. Transport
    7. Food
    8. Music
    9. TSF
    10. Wild card

1 / Snooker

Willie Thorne commentating.

2 / Other sports & games

( football ) Anyone in the media who tells you that falling down when breathed upon by an opposition player is all part of the modern game.

Rugby players by and large seem to be able to shrug of the catastrophic effects of said breathing. . .

3 / Modern Life

Facebook comments ( not to me obv ) like "aww your looking gorgous X0X0X. etc etc

4 / Technology

Predictive text. Yes, I know it can be switched off, but the principle is good.

5 / People

people who dawdle round supermarkets blocking the isles, and their 6th sense to move to the same side you move to , when you try to go round them.

6 / transport

People who seem to be able to find the fog lamp "on" switch, but can't seem to switch it "OFF".

People who cannot find , or use the indicator stalk.

7 / Food

why, generally, the blander it is, the healthier it is.

8 / drum & bass

9 / TSF

my inablilty to get across when I'm joking and when I'm being serious in words. face to face is soo much easier.

10 / Wild card

Keith Lemon

Comment

Interesting thread ok - here is me

1. Snooker
      inconsistency - one day can't miss make big breaks odd ton feel great next week play like a fruit bat arm belongs to someone else

Premier league football pointless expensive and full of over paid cheats and too many foreign players

3. Modern life
      Having to work to pay bills to live- slavery was never abolished they just invented taxes unlocked the chains, told us all to come back on Monday morning at 9 and choose to pay us as little as possible to ensure we keep coming back.

4. Technology
      When people use mobile phones or text whilst in company or post everything they do every second on-line on Facebook - who cares?

5. People
      People who take life to seriously/sarcastic people/people who are not genuine

6. Transport
      Flying - scared of it - well not scared of flying just crashing.

7. Food
      Health food - life too short eat chocolate chips burgers - be happy - we all going same way one day regardless

8. Music
      Like all music except gangster rap type rubbish - could not sit in a car with Judd Trump for long,

9. TSF
      Its addictive - love it - but no games on here a poker room would be good and a money spinner - not bought a cue since panjo came in used to buzz off out bidding others panjo is boring click n buy.

10. Wild card

I don't dislike people but notice my character is different from most.

Call centres and people with attitude who work in them do irritate me/sometimes I wonder perhaps maybe its 60-70 per cent of people in general or more? Most people I find in life are too serious - some have very bad traits too many very critical of other people un-polite, nasty or bitchy and appear jealous of others in some way - they take life too seriously and it seems very natural for them to respond this way. I can honestly say I have never been this way with anyone and could not care less but spot these traits in others all the time. I like to see the good in everyone and can appreciate everyone for their faults too without being critical - I think this might be a rather rare quality in me or perhaps my humour and views on life that sets me apart from the majority of people?

- found it interesting answering this question
      Last edited by Byrom; 7 October 2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        Most people I find in life are too serious - some have very bad traits too many very critical of other people un-polite, nasty or bitchy and appear jealous of others in some way - they take life too seriously and it seems very natural for them to respond this way. I can honestly say I have never been this way with anyone and could not care less but spot these traits in others all the time. I like to see the good in everyone and can appreciate everyone for their faults too without being critical - I think this might be a rather rare quality in me or perhaps my humour and views on life that sets me apart from the majority of people?
        You just summed up my thoughts on society perfectly byrom!
        "It might not be on stats or titles but in terms of talent and the ability to play snooker erm......he's the best" Hendry's humbled words on Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Comment

I'll give this thread a week or so to run before consigning anything to ROOM 101 as I know that many themes will be repeated. Once in, it's there for good, and please show a little humour as it's what the tv show and this thread is really about, "the comedy of hate" to quote the late, great Bill Hicks.

Remember, major catastrophies we can handle, it's the little things that really get to us; I went to the pictures yesterday and saw The Martian, pretty good film, said Martian survives in part by eating potatoes grown in his own excrement, knowing my luck the expedition would have taken beetroots and I would have died wretching my stomach out of my mouth on the third day.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
            You just summed up my thoughts on society perfectly byrom!
            C'mon Stevie, 1-10 join in the fun.

Comment

haha I need time!
              "It might not be on stats or titles but in terms of talent and the ability to play snooker erm......he's the best" Hendry's humbled words on Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Comment

1. Snooker

I will put boring interviewees in the bin, excessively slow players, psychological tactics, "Lets get the boys on the baize"....and Dennis Taylor's fence.

I would definitely put childish blatant football cheating right in the bin

3. Modern life

The rat race, the missions, the illusion of importance.

4. Technology

Mobile phones, as fantastic as they are I think they have ruined respect and anticipation in everything

5. People

People on a money mission

6. Transport

Traffic lights, more more more, more more more......no, stop making them and switch them all off at none rush hour times and make them give-ways.

7. Food

Anything that is made in a lab. Coke, Pepsi, energy drinks etc

8. Music

Covers of great songs, that are crap. What is the point? Do something original please.

9. TSF

Nothing

10. Wild card.

Having to work and not being able to live my life doing the things I enjoy for the short whole of it.
                Last edited by Stevie; 7 October 2015, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                  Ok let's have a ROOM 101 thread where you can put everything you hate into ROOM 101, I'm going to be Frank Skinner, give details on what you hate and why and I will make a decision and give my reasons, no prizes I'm afraid and mind your language

1. Snooker
                  3. Modern life
                  4. Technology
                  5. People
                  6. Transport
                  7. Food
                  8. Music
                  9. TSF
                  10. Wild card
                  Intresting thread Vmax !!

1- snooker

Players who need 12 min to run a break of 12 ( Peter Ebdon ).

2- other sports

Golf

3- Modern life

Modern people

4- Tech

NASA

5-people

Modern people

6- Transport

FedEx - TNT - Royal mail

7- food

Macdnlds

8- Music

Rap

9- TSF

Byrom one of the greatest catastrophes in the history of TSF !!! ( just kidding )

Wild Card

religion ( No matter what kind of ).
                  Last edited by Ramon; 8 October 2015, 04:00 AM.

Comment

1. Snooker: my cue addiction and my girlfriend always complaining that I have way too many cues.

2. Other sports and games: Golf - I don't like being too far away from the bar

3. Modern life: mobile phone zombies

4. Technology: Alarm clocks

5. People: I like people, well except for boring, annoying, stupid, angry or rude folk.

6. Transport: public transport when it is 40 degrees and the air-conditioner has decided it is a good time to stop working.

7. Food: porridge and eggplant

8. Music: R&B and anything to do with Justin Bieber e.g. http://jezebel.com/how-to-talk-to-yo...ieb-1735300048

9. TSF: I keep seeing cues that I want to buy (see point 1).

10. Wild card: Yeah, I never really liked it. When you are playing UNO and you are just about to win and then bam they play the WILD CARD.
                    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Hmmm...you guys are too easy I think. What about politicians - can't stand them. How about banks? CEOs - most are like the politicians and in it for themselves, just like the banks.

I agree with religion comment, too much trouble coming from an imaginary being. I agree with people in supermarkets who stop in the middle of the aisle to have a chat...drives me nuts!

Snooker players who take 5 minutes over each safety shot and as above 12 minutes to run 12 points.

Why can't they design roads that can take the traffic and not encourage accidents?

Taxes. I pay more and more each year and never see anything for my money. I pay more in house taxes than both my wife and I pay in income tax, both federal and provincial (but maybe I shouldn't complain as I think Britain has it worse).
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                        I'll give this thread a week or so to run before consigning anything to ROOM 101 as I know that many themes will be repeated. Once in, it's there for good, and please show a little humour as it's what the tv show and this thread is really about, "the comedy of hate" to quote the late, great Bill Hicks.

Remember, major catastrophies we can handle, it's the little things that really get to us; I went to the pictures yesterday and saw The Martian, pretty good film, said Martian survives in part by eating potatoes grown in his own excrement, knowing my luck the expedition would have taken beetroots and I would have died wretching my stomach out of my mouth on the third day.

You just give a massive spoiler there haha

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                          1 / Snooker

Willie Thorne commentating.

He's in

2 / Other sports & games

( football ) Anyone in the media who tells you that falling down when breathed upon by an opposition player is all part of the modern game.

Rugby players by and large seem to be able to shrug of the catastrophic effects of said breathing. . .

Don't think it was a footballer who used a fake bood capsule, cheating is rife in all sports and games these days, honesty and the pure honour of victory went out in Thatchers generation. All cheating in all walks of life is in.

3 / Modern Life

Facebook comments ( not to me obv ) like "aww your looking gorgous X0X0X. etc etc

Don't do Facebook, I never have and never will, you have the same option so it can't go in.

4 / Technology

Predictive text. Yes, I know it can be switched off, but the principle is good.

It's in, along with spellcheckers, learn to read and write your own language.
                          5 / People

people who dawdle round supermarkets blocking the isles, and their 6th sense to move to the same side you move to , when you try to go round them.

Along with a special checkout for the elderly, yeah I'd go along with you on that one, people who dawdle in general to be honest, get on with it!!!

6 / transport

People who seem to be able to find the fog lamp "on" switch, but can't seem to switch it "OFF".

Yes, as a biker I've been dazzled many, many times

People who cannot find , or use the indicator stalk.

Yes, one of my pet hates
                          7 / Food

why, generally, the blander it is, the healthier it is.

Doesn't have to be, I'm a vegetarian and I eat all sorts of great tasting food, use your imagination.

8 / drum & bass

It's in, there's a serious lack of intelligence in dance music of all kinds.

9 / TSF

my inablilty to get across when I'm joking and when I'm being serious in words. face to face is soo much easier.

It's what the emoticons are for, use them.

10 / Wild card

Keith Lemon

yeah, he's a bit of a dick

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            Interesting thread ok - here is me

1. Snooker
                            inconsistency - one day can't miss make big breaks odd ton feel great next week play like a fruit bat arm belongs to someone else

the game Byrom, not your frustrations, what do you hate about the game

Premier league football pointless expensive and full of over paid cheats and too many foreign players

Can't put football in I'm afraid, it's the greatest game ever invented just corrupt from top to bottm these days. I remember it at its peak and it was the purest joy. The players can go in, EUFA and FIFA can go in, the media who sell it can go in, the coaches can all go in, but the game itself ? sorry no, it might recover one day.

3. Modern life
                            Having to work to pay bills to live- slavery was never abolished they just invented taxes unlocked the chains, told us all to come back on Monday morning at 9 and choose to pay us as little as possible to ensure we keep coming back.

Nothing that hasn't been worked for is worth anything, so work can't go in.

4. Technology
                            When people use mobile phones or text whilst in company or post everything they do every second on-line on Facebook - who cares?

That's the fault of people, not the technology, can't go in I'm afraid.

5. People
                            People who take life to seriously/sarcastic people/people who are not genuine

People who take themselves seriously, yes, sarcastic people, no, I like sarcasm, I like Basil Fawlty's sarcasm.

6. Transport
                            Flying - scared of it - well not scared of flying just crashing.

Me too, have never flown and never will, it's in.

7. Food
                            Health food - life too short eat chocolate chips burgers - be happy - we all going same way one day regardless

Far too many fat gits already Bryom, use food as fuel, if you're happy you don't comfort eat, could be a sign of the times. Health food labelled as Health Food is in however, no need to make a fast buck on the bleedin' obvious.

8. Music
                            Like all music except gangster rap type rubbish - could not sit in a car with Judd Trump for long,

Agreed, can't understand why something with no melody is labelled 'music' in the first place, it's in.

9. TSF
                            Its addictive - love it - but no games on here a poker room would be good and a money spinner - not bought a cue since panjo came in used to buzz off out bidding others panjo is boring click n buy.

Don't like panjo either, let's put panjo in OK

10. Wild card

I don't dislike people but notice my character is different from most.

Call centres and people with attitude who work in them do irritate me/sometimes I wonder perhaps maybe its 60-70 per cent of people in general or more? Most people I find in life are too serious - some have very bad traits too many very critical of other people un-polite, nasty or bitchy and appear jealous of others in some way - they take life too seriously and it seems very natural for them to respond this way. I can honestly say I have never been this way with anyone and could not care less but spot these traits in others all the time. I like to see the good in everyone and can appreciate everyone for their faults too without being critical - I think this might be a rather rare quality in me or perhaps my humour and views on life that sets me apart from the majority of people?

- found it interesting answering this question

I'm a bit of a misanthrope to be honest, very few genuine friends, most of them bikers, have found that most bikers who aren't attached to a sportsbike by means of a power rangers suit are the salt of the earth.

Comment

1. Snooker

Dennis Taylor. Davis chucked him a title, to keep interest up in the sport, and he's comfortably the least talented World Champion of my lifetime....but we will never hear the sodding end of it.

Rugby. An arcane set of rules, such that the only person watching who has an idea why decisions are given, is the referee...and half the time he's making it up. Plus, if you want an excuse to get close to men don't over-compensate. No need to get all muscly and pretend it's a sport. Should have played more soggy biscuit at that public school that you went to, while you had the chance.

3. Modern life

Modern life is brilliant...we live a so much more prosperous existence than when I was a kid. Still, I hate group-think, and weak collective attempts to enforce an irrelevant set of values (facebook campaigns against rude or confrontational behaviour...calling people a bully or racist or sexist, or disablist for just expressing an opinion). Make it a law and prosecute me, or do one with your pathetic "competition is bad, m'key" attitude.

4. Technology

I love technology...but there are some really useless examples out there, designed to empty the pockets and heads of the consumer. iphones, stick them in, along with the idiot bores who buy them.

5. People

Believers in religion, any sort of religion. I can't help that despite all the evidence to the contrary much of your beliefs are clearly nonsense. I certainly don't want it enshrined in law that you can practice your bigoted ideas with impunity. I'll lead the purge, and if there really is a magic man in the sky, I'm sure he'll save you....but I don't fancy your chances. i haven't been struck down by lightening yet.

6. Transport

Nottinghams Trams. Hundreds of millions they've cost, they're slower than the buses, and you can't send them down another route if it turns out they go the wrong way. Useless out of date technology that our local authority are investing in, and we still haven't got a decent modern internet infrastructure. Bonkers.

7. Food

Green salad. What's the point?

8. Music

Punk. I was of that generation...loved the changing of the times....loved new wave that sprung from it more than anything. Punk 'music' itself? There's barely anything worth listening to.

9. TSF

Posts that tell you that you are an idiot, or wrong, but not why, or what is right. A lot of smug people here, who make the place worse than it could be, by not bothering to add anything constructive.

10. Wild card

Cheap air fares. I really don't see the point in the entire north East decamping to Magaluf for four weeks in august and turning it into hell on earth, while spending all their hard earned for the entire year on expensive fish and chips in an 'English' pub. Make air travel expensive, and use it as a wealth tax for those people who can afford to go abroad, because they actually want to experience foreign.
                              Last edited by tetricky; 11 October 2015, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X