Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip, very sad

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed reading his contributions on the forum.
      Sad news indeed.

RIP Hotpot

Comment

!What a shock to read this morning!
        Had PMs and emails with Neil, always nice and generous with his time.
        Thoughts and prayers go to his family.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

- No one can see this as I am still banned but I just wanted to say I chatted to our hotpot Neil and thought he was a lovely fella, loved his cues and his snooker

When one of the members on here got ripped off with a cue sale - which led to panjo - both me and him and one or two others offered to club together to get the poster who was ripped off another cue (sturpee I think) but the poster Stu declined as he had loads of cues and just thought it was one of those things. This tells you what type of generous lovely guy he was - Hotpot had a love for the game and a passion for cues and loved Trevor White cues in particular and I know he liked Trevor as a cue maker and a person. He told me he suffered with his disabilities - so must have been struggling - such a shame.... I'm so sad to hear of his passing wish I could have talked to him.

wish I could talk to anyone

Anyway Rest in peace Hotpot xx

Comment

Rip muck. Same as other members pm'd many times over years. His input be greatly missed on here.
            Last edited by mattyshinobi22; 19 January 2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

RIP Neil. Such sad news.

Comment

Very sad news.

We corresponded on a few occasions and he came across as a really genuine, nice person.

RIP Neil.
                When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

... Rip ...
                  mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Dear All, This is a very difficult first post, but to confirm the sad news that Hotpot tragically passed away on the 30th of December. He was 47.

I'm a friend from his local village, and played snooker (mainly against him) for many years. I have been a member on here for 6 years, but never posted, but I know he used to love this forum as we often spoke about it and the different 'characters' on it. That's why I think it was important to let you know the situation.

His name was Neil Prosser, but he's been known as 'Bonzo' since his schooldays. In fact, I can't ever remember anyone calling him Neil! He was from a village called Gilfach Goch, just outside the Rhondda Valley in South Wales.

I think you could tell from his posts that he was a very humble and courteous guy, and that's exactly what he was like. I can remember him playing snooker in his late teens and into his mid-late twenties, but then he lost a bit of interest. Then about 7-8 years ago he started back properly and fell in love with the game again. I never realised until I read his posts his fascination with cues. Then he always seemed to have a different cue each time we played each other! He was in fact a very good player. He was very attacking and won our Premier League Singles a few years back, two years running, in what was a really strong field (previously won by Welsh and World Amateur Champions) . He loved to talk about snooker and was absolutely fascinated by the game, visiting Sheffield a few times in recent years with us.

His funeral was today, and he leaves 3 children.

Gone way too soon, and will be absolutely sorely missed by all his friends and family.
                    RIP Neil

Comment

R.I.P indeed Hotpot
                      Thanks for info

Comment

Originally Posted by dl142 View Post
                        Dear All, This is a very difficult first post, but to confirm the sad news that Hotpot tragically passed away on the 30th of December. He was 47.

I'm a friend from his local village, and played snooker (mainly against him) for many years. I have been a member on here for 6 years, but never posted, but I know he used to love this forum as we often spoke about it and the different 'characters' on it. That's why I think it was important to let you know the situation.

His name was Neil Prosser, but he's been known as 'Bonzo' since his schooldays. In fact, I can't ever remember anyone calling him Neil! He was from a village called Gilfach Goch, just outside the Rhondda Valley in South Wales.

I think you could tell from his posts that he was a very humble and courteous guy, and that's exactly what he was like. I can remember him playing snooker in his late teens and into his mid-late twenties, but then he lost a bit of interest. Then about 7-8 years ago he started back properly and fell in love with the game again. I never realised until I read his posts his fascination with cues. Then he always seemed to have a different cue each time we played each other! He was in fact a very good player. He was very attacking and won our Premier League Singles a few years back, two years running, in what was a really strong field (previously won by Welsh and World Amateur Champions) . He loved to talk about snooker and was absolutely fascinated by the game, visiting Sheffield a few times in recent years with us.

His funeral was today, and he leaves 3 children.

Gone way too soon, and will be absolutely sorely missed by all his friends and family.
                        RIP Neil
                        Thank you very much for your post. I am sure I speak for everybody here when I say please pass on our most sincere condolences to his family.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I've just checked back my txt messages and was in touch with Neil 7 weeks ago. I was asking him to sell me his tw mast cue. The answer was still no ha ha. He loved that mast cue very much.

Comment

He loved all his cues, but the last one he bought was always his favourite.....until the next one! I'm pretty sure I saw Trevor in the Crematorium today. That would have meant a lot to Neil, as I know he admired him greatly...

Comment

The one I'm talking about he had for about 6 years. It would've been Trevor as he told me he was going today. Terrible news

Comment

What a really nice post Dl142.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X