No announcement yet.

Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite a lot of people were removed from the register in the last year or so, due to the government changing the way registration happens and making an arse of it. So it's a good idea to check if you're on there anyway.

Comment

just been reading this "reality check" listing - interesting
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-po...endum-35603388
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
        Quite a lot of people were removed from the register in the last year or so, due to the government changing the way registration happens and making an arse of it. So it's a good idea to check if you're on there anyway.
        as I said, if you got a voting card for the recent locals then you are registered; if you didn't, then check

Comment

Originally Posted by rdp50734 View Post
          Just so you all know you must specifically register to vote in the eu referendum.

You can do so here https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

You must do it by June 7th.
          If you are all ready on the electoral roll you do not need to register.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Do you need to register to vote in this referendum?

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              Man put up borders - not God - just politicians

Look at everyone and see what is inside... not nationality... nor race ... nor creed ....nor colour
              Human beings are tribal Byrom, that's not racist simply a fact of our species.

As for the argumant that the EU brings prosperity to the UK, you have to ask for whom ? Have you yourself benefitted financially, does your employer pay you a decent wage ?
              I live and work in north devon, a low wage area where minimum wage is the norm, and we have been inundated with eastern europeans since restrictions on their free movement were lifted.

Jeremy Corbyn asked about posted workers in this weeks PM's question time, didn't get an answer from Cameron as usual. For those who don't know, a posted worker is one that's employed by a company that's sent to another country to work, yet paid what ever the rate for the job is in their home country.
              This way we can have foreign workers working here and only paid what they would normally earn at home as long as they are employed by a company in their own country.
              All it takes is for your company to set up head office in Poland, employ a load of workers and send them here to work here for a third of minimum wage, and if you don't mind your P's and Q's you'll be out on your arse for one of these people to take your place.

Also the EU forbade Greece to implement the anti austerity plan it was elected on, instead being forced to use the EU bailout to prop up their banks rather than create jobs through state funded infrastructure. So these billions of euros went straight into the coffers of the banks.

As for Obama's rhetoric about the UK becoming a second rate country, we can do without being part of the EU and NATO campaign to get as many former Warsaw Pact countries into the EU and NATO to stoke the fires under Putin and get that western military industrial complex working overtime. Russian history from the october revolution of 1914 is full of black ops from the west trying to overthrow the communist system. Putin sees this latest effort as more of the same, he himself is more Stalin than Gorbachev, and has the backing of the older generation of russians who remember the soviet union with fondness. They see themselves as being surrounded and they don't like it, it's dangerous.

The Common Market started purely for purposes of free trade, a fine ideal between countries of similar economies, the EU is something different altogether, an expanding United States of Europe.

Comment

Read a little on this "TTIP" thing too.
                The World is changing.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  I am not a political animal (with or without capital letter), I have not voted for God-knows how many year (as they are all the same to me) but I think we should stay, but with more control of our borders, our laws, etc.
                  Legal "freedom of movement" per se is not a major problem but the illegal immigration that has been allowed to happen under our noses. These have created a hidden-slave work-force, they have caused near-collapse state of the NHS, benefits, etc, systems.
                  Staying in allows us to keep the EU reigned in, if we left we would have no say in what they could be up to. Like who they allow to join next! Fiji?!
                  Staying in does have major economic benefits to the UK, globally as well as just within the EU. Just remember what Obama said if UK left, we would become a second-rate, back-of-the-queue state (not that we are a first rate country anyway, just the way we think of ourselves )
                  Staying in also have major benefits for the UK in with science, environmental and technological fields. Many projects that have been implemented probably would not have been able to start without us being in the EU.

I am sure there are many other points that can be made for and against. And I appreciate your points Vmax; but just my humble opinion: better in and able to affect changes for our good, than being outside the walls and trying to peep-over and get their attention (to no avail).
                  Wake up Dean talking about Obama

As if America doesn't prides itself on sovereignty and would never dream of sharing it, and if he's such a fan on free movement I suggest he tell his fellow Americans that he's happy to open up the borders for Mexico. There would be riots in every city in the US if he did.
                  And as for a political union wonder how Obama would react when another country is making up 70% of American law come on it won't happen.
                  He wants us to stay in the EU because it benefits them not us.

Back of queue a load of old bullish codswollop

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    Wake up Dean talking about Obama

As if America doesn't prides itself on sovereignty and would never dream of sharing it, and if he's such a fan on free movement I suggest he tell his fellow Americans that he's happy to open up the borders for Mexico. There would be riots in every city in the US if he did.
                    And as for a political union wonder how Obama would react when another country is making up 70% of American law come on it won't happen.
                    He wants us to stay in the EU because it benefits them not us.

Back of queue a load of old bullish codswollop
                    Not that I agree or disagree with his comments, just making my own comment about what others are saying

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                      The Common Market started purely for purposes of free trade, a fine ideal between countries of similar economies, the EU is something different altogether, an expanding United States of Europe.
                      No it didn't - that may have been the line that was given in the very beginning, but it was never just about that - the Treaty of Rome is littered with the words Ever Closer Union, and sets up the frameworks for the courts, the parliament etc.

Even the leaflets that went out in the 1970s for that referendum discussed the issue of sovereignty - you can't have a common market/customs union without regulations to make sure everyone plays fair, it's just unfortunately we dithered about going in at the beginning and by the time we got in, the structures were already in place.

Whether we're better off in or out I still don't know, but the trouble is, I don't trust this government to behave responsibly towards its own people, so I'm not sure about giving them extra power.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                        No it didn't - that may have been the line that was given in the very beginning, but it was never just about that - the Treaty of Rome is littered with the words Ever Closer Union, and sets up the frameworks for the courts, the parliament etc.

Even the leaflets that went out in the 1970s for that referendum discussed the issue of sovereignty - you can't have a common market/customs union without regulations to make sure everyone plays fair, it's just unfortunately we dithered about going in at the beginning and by the time we got in, the structures were already in place.

Whether we're better off in or out I still don't know, but the trouble is, I don't trust this government to behave responsibly towards its own people, so I'm not sure about giving them extra power.
                        Speaking as an outsider from what I've seen British politicians are every bit as bad as the American ones and yes, the Canadian ones too. I would really think hard about giving them the ultimate power with no avenue to appeal as you have now in the EU. Let's face it, it will never be a perfect world but I think the UK has become better under the EU but there are always gives and takes.
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

A thought / question for you all. There are 2,150,000 EU migrants living in the UK most of whom are working and contribution to the overall pot (at a higher ratio than those who were born here btw!) How many UK born people are living elsewhere in the EU usually at a later stage of life where they contribute less and cost more in healthcare etc.... ? Oh and I do know the answer I just thought people should look up what would actually happen if all EU members were sent back to their original country.

Comment

It's the half assed media garbage that slants a lot of sheeple.. I mean people's views on this.

The ones with such opinions just parrot stuff they hear and in reality are ignorant to the facts, unfortunately.

I caught a little of question time last night and they were debating if "it's racist to want to leave the eu".

You what! What a load of old sh!te...

Yep, they were actually debating that... wow.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                              It's the half assed media garbage that slants a lot of sheeple.. I mean people's views on this.

The ones with such opinions just parrot stuff they hear and in reality are ignorant to the facts, unfortunately.

I caught a little of question time last night and they were debating if "it's racist to want to leave the eu".

You what! What a load of old sh!te...

Yep, they were actually debating that... wow.
                              yep - there are many good reasons for and against the EU but we are not hearing any of them! - and newspapers don't help.... http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/345...its-in-3-weeks

Comment

If you do get any facts let me know as I can't tell the truths from the rest so as most people will have to make a decision based on your gut.

I watched a bit of question time and all that does is annoy me more as people don't listen to an argument they just spout their own stuff with other supposed facts without really listening.

How many times do you hear a politician say to another politician you could be right and we should do that....it's exhausting watching some of it and you've gotta shake your head in disgust that we pay some of these people to talk drivel (not all of them).

I'll leave it there and dunk my head in some cold water!
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X