No announcement yet.

Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still believe the UK should remain as a part of a larger trading block. Unless you believe it's 'fake news' and propaganda it also looks like if another referendum were to be held today it about 58% remain. Voters got sucked in by a lot of propaganda on the leave side before the first referendum just the same as Trump was helped by the Russians and it also looks like they helped Brexit as it's to Russia's advantage to break up the EU.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      I still believe the UK should remain as a part of a larger trading block. Unless you believe it's 'fake news' and propaganda it also looks like if another referendum were to be held today it about 58% remain. Voters got sucked in by a lot of propaganda on the leave side before the first referendum just the same as Trump was helped by the Russians and it also looks like they helped Brexit as it's to Russia's advantage to break up the EU.
      May I recomend a book for you Tel, Freedom Next Time by John Pilger.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• I hope they will eventually cancel leaving the EU, i mean, i love the uk and i would be sad to see them go, and that referendum was too close to call imo, what was it, 51% vs 49%?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphiwizard View Post
          I hope they will eventually cancel leaving the EU, i mean, i love the uk and i would be sad to see them go, and that referendum was too close to call imo, what was it, 51% vs 49%?
          The government have to carry out the wishes of the people who voted to leave, if it doesn't go through then what's the point in them having a vote in the first place

Comment

• True that but they haven't been very successfull doing that so far imo, i think many people voted to leave without knowing the consequences.
            A new referendum like many are asking seems reasonable to me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              The government have to carry out the wishes of the people who voted to leave, if it doesn't go through then what's the point in them having a vote in the first place
              A lot of people still don't understand the consequences, plus there's been a massive amount of revisionism since Leave won - supposedly now everyone always wanted to leave every bit of Europe behind and revert to WTO rules only. Which is idiotic and entirely untrue.

Comment

• Michael Gove's wife sent him a text after the referendum that said, 'you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off'.
                After Cameron quit Gove then refused to back Boris Johnson for pm as he knew he would leave the EU with no deal, the rest of the pantomime is deliberate as there was never any intention to leave the EU in the first place and they (the politicians) were staggered that the people voted leave.

Of course they don't live in our world, the world they created with globalisation and multi culturalism that made the 1% who caused the 2008 crash even richer while the rest of us suffered austerity for well over a decade, they won't ever have to live on universal credit and beg at a food bank or make ends meet on minimum wage on a zero hours contract.
                The EU are to blame for all this as much as the UK parliament, the people were given a vote for something other than rhetorical promises for once and fully expected the result to be adhered to and this was the reason I voted for the very first time in my life, something concrete was being offered for once.

Some are saying they will never vote again, but there is another chance now in the EU elections to show them what you want, vote Brexit or lib dems, a proxy second referendum if you like.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I hope they will eventually cancel leaving the EU, i mean, i love the uk and i would be sad to see them go, and that referendum was too close to call imo, what was it, 51% vs 49%?
                  Just out of interest,what percentage voting for Leave would have been acceptable to you to leave the EU?
                  :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

• Dunno man, i'm not living in the uk so i have nothing to say about it but i'd have guessed if both percentages were in the 50's the gov could have said it's a close call and we'll have a second round.
                    60/40 would be clear but 51% and 49% indeed means 51% voted to leave but also that the other half wants to remain, so whatever they do the half(approx) of the population will be unhappy.

Anyway...really curious what will happen eventually, i'd say either not leaving after all or leaving without a deal, and the last one isn't very good imho.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                      The EU are to blame for all this as much as the UK parliament,
                      How on Earth do you figure that? The EU has been the subject of wilful misinformation by the British press and politicians for decades, being cast as some undemocratic, unfair monolith even while giving us special treatment. The British Foreign Secretary compared it to a Soviet concentration camp during the negotiations for God's sake.

Comment

Dunno man, i'm not living in the uk so i have nothing to say about it but i'd have guessed if both percentages were in the 50's the gov could have said it's a close call and we'll have a second round.
                        60/40 would be clear but 51% and 49% indeed means 51% voted to leave but also that the other half wants to remain, so whatever they do the half(approx) of the population will be unhappy.

Anyway...really curious what will happen eventually, i'd say either not leaving after all or leaving without a deal, and the last one isn't very good imho.
                        Yes you're right,too close to call.A bit like the 1985 World Final 17 frames each & just a few points difference in the final frame..Really they should have played it again

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
                          Yes you're right,too close to call.A bit like the 1985 World Final 17 frames each & just a few points difference in the final frame..Really they should have played it again
                          Tell me something i didn't know, davis/taylor, i was watching that live on tv back then, but are you really comparing a 'referendum', which was held to get the opinion of the people with a snooker final?

Comment

Tell me something i didn't know, davis/taylor, i was watching that live on tv back then, but are you really comparing a 'referendum', which was held to get the opinion of the people with a snooker final?
                            It's a logical as your suggestion that Brexit needs at least a 60% vote for it.

Comment

• We're getting a second referendum, the European elections.

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
                                We're getting a second referendum, the European elections.
                                Not really. The elections are pointless. Mainstream parties won't even campaign, and half the electorate won't turn out to vote for MEPs who will only be in the job a few months. The biggest turnout will be by protest voters, who are hardly representative of the country's mainstream views.

Whatever the result it won't change the Brexit process or outcome. The government and opposition parties are well aware of the strength of opinion on both sides. Like the local election results, they will be spun any way politicians wish.

The only second referendum is a second referendum, and that's not going to happen anytime soon. Not with this government and PM, and not without some kind of a deal agreed between May and Corbyn, which is never going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X