Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Darts

    Is there history between Van Barneveld and Norris?
    VB walking off after each set so far and if looks could ... from Norris
    Up the TSF!

  • #2
    As far as I know not really. Norris only transferred from the BDO this season iirc.

    Unless something has happened on the floor tournaments!

    Comment


    • #3
      The BDO players who make the crossover to the PDC struggle to compete with humility!
      IMO only Steve Bunting has showed humility in the face of defeat at the hands of PDC players as the rest of the BDO truly believe they are as good players in the PDC...
      The comparable difference is that of the Championship to the Premiership!
      ---
      AV probably gone off topic but feel better (all the same) for posting this...
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Phil Taylor came from the BDO he's done ok for himself, Barney, John Part another couple that have won both world titles so I don't see where you are coming from.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Phil Taylor came from the BDO he's done ok for himself, Barney, John Part another couple that have won both world titles so I don't see where you are coming from.
          The PDC was born out of the fact that the BDO didn't want 'their beloved game' going into the proposed direction that Hearn has conceived through the the PDC... you know; big crowds, loutish behaviour, sexy women and LOTS OF MONEEEEE!

          So you're right, the original PDC players all came from the BDO as did all the premiership football clubs came from the football league.

          Now we see players coming from the BDO who in most cases have won the BDO world championship and think they can play at a higher level, only to be slapped in the face by players who aren't even in the PDC top 16 let alone the big boys!

          So what I'm trying to say is that some BDO players may come over to the PDC with a bit of an attitude that may ruffle the feathers of a few of the PDC players... I don't know if that makes sense to you?
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

          Comment


          • #6
            I have to agree the money has allowed the PDC players to be full time professionals, so they have pulled away recently but there still are a few BDO players who have done well, and made a good living after swapping over. Personally I hate what the darts has become, it's just a big pish up, it looks like eighty percent of the crowd aren't interested in the game and the walk on Dolly birds and dancing girls are just cringingly embarrassing for the players and the women imo. Hearn always goes for the lowest common denominator,as he thinks he's a man of the people, well maybe he is but drunk gob ****es aren't the type of people I like. Although in Hearns favour he has made the players very wealthy in comparison to the BDO who while having the right "morals " about the game( not the right word but I can't think of one) didn't have a clue how to move the game on. It's quite strange that darts was got rid of because it was thought of a loutish drinking game, yet that's what sells it now.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

            Comment


            • #7
              Most players are ex BDO players MVG, Barney, Anderson, Wade, Wright, Chisnall, Thornton, Klassen the list goes on and on and on.
              Don't include Taylor as was there from the start.
              ***********************MY CUE SET UP***********************
              Parris 3/4 Champion Ash Cue - 58”, 9.4mm, 19.4oz.
              Parris Long & Mini Extensions, Parris 6” Mini Butt.
              Parris Ultimate 3/4 Leather Case, Parris Leather Chalk Pouch, Parris Cue Towel, Taom Gold Soft Chalk.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                I have to agree the money has allowed the PDC players to be full time professionals, so they have pulled away recently but there still are a few BDO players who have done well, and made a good living after swapping over. Personally I hate what the darts has become, it's just a big pish up, it looks like eighty percent of the crowd aren't interested in the game and the walk on Dolly birds and dancing girls are just cringingly embarrassing for the players and the women imo. Hearn always goes for the lowest common denominator,as he thinks he's a man of the people, well maybe he is but drunk gob ****es aren't the type of people I like. Although in Hearns favour he has made the players very wealthy in comparison to the BDO who while having the right "morals " about the game( not the right word but I can't think of one) didn't have a clue how to move the game on. It's quite strange that darts was got rid of because it was thought of a loutish drinking game, yet that's what sells it now.
                I agree with everything you said.Also the people who go to the lakeside seem to be genuine darts fans. I prefer to watch the PDC World Championship as all the best players are there but I don't like the crowd. Barry has also said in relation to snooker that he isn't thinking only about the hardcore fans but the casual. I think once you start going down that road your getting away from why the games played in the first place.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by s.h442 View Post
                  I agree with everything you said.Also the people who go to the lakeside seem to be genuine darts fans. I prefer to watch the PDC World Championship as all the best players are there but I don't like the crowd. Barry has also said in relation to snooker that he isn't thinking only about the hardcore fans but the casual. I think once you start going down that road your getting away from why the games played in the first place.
                  Snooker is already heading down the toilet, when you have the best of sevens and the shootout as a ranking event , the games just about up imo.
                  One thing I will say is the standard of darts over the past twenty years ,since my last failed comeback,has risen beyond belief, there are players no one will ever hear of banging in ton averages in comps week in week out,You could win or go very close in tourneys with 80-90 averages even when I Packed in, nowadays in local opens for a few hundred pound that wouldn't be anywhere good enough. I don't know what standard county is at now but I bet I couldn't get back to That.Jeez when I first started at darts you got a mention in the paper if you hit a one eighty, before my time it was if you hit a ton , now you probably have to do a nine darter lol.
                  Last edited by itsnoteasy; 29th December 2016, 06:05 PM.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Snooker is already heading down the toilet, when you have the best of sevens and the shootout as a ranking event , the games just about up imo.
                    One thing I will say is the standard of darts over the past twenty years ,since my last failed comeback,has risen beyond belief, there are players no one will ever hear of banging in ton averages in comps week in week out,You could win or go very close in tourneys with 80-90 averages even when I Packed in, nowadays in local opens for a few hundred pound that wouldn't be anywhere good enough. I don't know what standard county is at now but I bet I couldn't get back to That.Jeez when I first started at darts you got a mention in the paper if you hit a one eighty, before my time it was if you hit a ton , now you probably have to do a nine darter lol.
                    I wouldn't say snooker has gone down the toilet as the overall standard of the game has also risen over recent years like darts. IMO, Hearn's situation is one of getting the audience to be a part of the snooker experience. As we know snooker is a gentile game, with silent audiences which goes against what society is about. Everyone's in a rush to go nowhere and very loud in the process. What the answer is, I don't know but at the same time I'm not getting paid to know either...
                    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019
                    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by the lone wolf View Post
                      I wouldn't say snooker has gone down the toilet as the overall standard of the game has also risen over recent years like darts. IMO, Hearn's situation is one of getting the audience to be a part of the snooker experience. As we know snooker is a gentile game, with silent audiences which goes against what society is about. Everyone's in a rush to go nowhere and very loud in the process. What the answer is, I don't know but at the same time I'm not getting paid to know either...
                      The thing is though like darts there is nothing wrong with the game of snooker just the way it was administered and unfortunately the great position it was in wasn't taken advantage of.The Chinese Market is Snookers best change of getting back to the level it once was. The shoot out also needs to go. It is doing nothing for the game and is taking up space in the calender where a proper event could be taking place.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X