Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got KODI on an Amazon TV usb fire stick? Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got KODI on an Amazon TV usb fire stick? Any good?

Just been learning about free software called Kodi which is available online and you can put it on a fire stick and basically watch just about anything being streamed without all the agro in HD etc.

For £35 and free software sounds a no brainer. Just wondered if anyone on here had any experience of it.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Just been learning about free software called Kodi which is available online and you can put it on a fire stick and basically watch just about anything being streamed without all the agro in HD etc.

For £35 and free software sounds a no brainer. Just wondered if anyone on here had any experience of it.
    Argos have a sale on at the moment and the kids got one for me at £25.

I was given a demonstration on boxing day. It picks lots of streams and you choose the best with plenty of other options if that stream doesn't prove to be the best quality.

I was told that you can get virtually anything with really good quality except for sport where it can be a bit laggy due to the overload of traffic!

Looks a steal at these prices.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Sorry - I was talking about the Kodi software add-on to the firestick.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        Sorry - I was talking about the Kodi software add-on to the firestick.
        Sounds good mate. For that money I'm in. I've heard you can get sport too with the add on so hopeful for snooker and golf coverage. Will be good for streaming fans on TSF if that works well. Kodi should pull in the Sport streams that people post on here but with no buffering or adverts to X out.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Sounds good mate. For that money I'm in. I've heard you can get sport too with the add on so hopeful for snooker and golf coverage. Will be good for streaming fans on TSF if that works well. Kodi should pull in the Sport streams that people post on here but with no buffering or adverts to X out.
          The football was really busy with a fair bit of buffering but the snooker should be fine.

Comment

Kodi + exodus + sports mania = happy bunny.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
              Add a Real Debrid account and you'll be a very happy bunny
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Just in case anyone's not aware, Kodi runs on anything, including a PC, so you don't have to buy a firestick or a box if you don't want.

Also, SportsMania were a nightmare when I signed my dad up - it worked for an hour or so, then kept asking me to upgrade to Elite, which I'd already done and was acknowledged in my profile. After several weeks of sending messages to the site admins and receiving no reply, I asked Barclaycard to reverse the transaction. A week later, it started working with no acknowledgement whatsoever from the admins That lasted a couple of months and then stopped as either my subscription "expired" or they finally acknowledged the reversal.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                  Pretty much what I use.

Comment

Anyone got KODI on an Amazon TV usb fire stick? Any good?

friends have been using Kodi for sometime and they love it.
                    I tried it a few months ago on the pc but gave up trying to find what I wanted. uninstall was simple :wink:
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      Just in case anyone's not aware, Kodi runs on anything, including a PC, so you don't have to buy a firestick or a box if you don't want.

Also, SportsMania were a nightmare when I signed my dad up - it worked for an hour or so, then kept asking me to upgrade to Elite, which I'd already done and was acknowledged in my profile. After several weeks of sending messages to the site admins and receiving no reply, I asked Barclaycard to reverse the transaction. A week later, it started working with no acknowledgement whatsoever from the admins That lasted a couple of months and then stopped as either my subscription "expired" or they finally acknowledged the reversal.
                      I was told to avoid installing on laptops and pcs as Kodi tends to download viruses to these; personally I can't confirm either way but just thought I'd add it just in case!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                        I was told to avoid installing on laptops and pcs as Kodi tends to download viruses to these; personally I can't confirm either way but just thought I'd add it just in case!
                        I've had no problems,I've got kodi(with wookie installed) on my phone,tablet and fire stick.Not accepting sky's extortion any more.

To install download/install kodi then....
                        https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-h...zard-for-kodi/
                        Last edited by lennon11; 29 December 2016, 06:06 PM.
                        H.b.142

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post

Strange i've had Sportsmania a long time and i've never had to sign up to Elite??

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            friends have been using Kodi for sometime and they love it.
                            I tried it a few months ago on the pc but gave up trying to find what I wanted. uninstall was simple :wink:
                            It's a pain in the neck when you don't know what you're doing but once the penny drops it's something you can't do without

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
                              I've had no problems,I've got kodi(with wookie installed) on my phone,tablet and fire stick.Not accepting sky's extortion any more.

To install download/install kodi then....
                              https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-h...zard-for-kodi/
                              Who did you settle on for broadband?

Comment

Working...
                              X