Dream Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    My Grandad who retired to the Phillipines (obviously never heard of Bulgaria) had a DB9... I assure you... drove lovely from 1mph to 199mph

Insane motor... he said I could have it when he emigrated if when I sold it I forwarded him the cash...

I didn't fancy the 8k a year on insurance!
    Obviously he hadn't heard of Bulgaria moving to a group of Islands that have totally destroyed their ecosystems, very sad state that country is in from an ecological point of view. There was a hurricane there in the last few years and the aerial shots literally showed intensive farmland over the whole place. Like Haiti, they're former tropical islands destroyed by human greed. Thanks for pointing that out, I can't imagine why a grandad would go to the Phillipines Aston Martins aren't bad cars but they certainly have gone down in the world, their parent company have made them an easily accesible car which has taken away the character in my opinion. I'd much rather have a Bentley or a TVR which are cheaper but much more charismatic.

Comment

Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
      I know they are a bit camp but the 500's are beautifully designed, the Arbarth's are pretty rapid too. I did take the diesel version for a test drive a few years back and was impressed with the sophistication of the drive, feels much larger, just the rear passenger and boot space put me off. Great car if you forget about those drawbacks though, 80mpg and zero road tax....
      I've got two, a new 500x for slightly longer runs, very nice drive 140bhp from a 1.4 petrol engine! And the wife has a cappuccino coloured 500 for running round town. Perfect for parking on the busy town streets. The new fiat sports convertible looks pretty cool too.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        I've got two, a new 500x for slightly longer runs, very nice drive 140bhp from a 1.4 petrol engine! And the wife has a cappuccino coloured 500 for running round town. Perfect for parking on the busy town streets. The new fiat sports convertible looks pretty cool too.
        The Fiat Spider, that is a stunning piece of engineering! I like the 500 series a lot, the Panda 4x4 is perfect for those who have a long off road driveway too. I think Ferraris, Alfa Romeos and Fiats are all with the same DNA-cool, funky and different. Never owned one myself but I really love the Italian motors.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
          My Grandad who retired to the Phillipines (obviously never heard of Bulgaria) had a DB9... I assure you... drove lovely from 1mph to 199mph

Insane motor... he said I could have it when he emigrated if when I sold it I forwarded him the cash...

I didn't fancy the 8k a year on insurance!
          I have actually driven them - I considered buying one because in terms of money lost per year they are actually good value but it was not a nice car and the sat nav is even worse than jaguars.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            you can now lease a new fiat 500 for £90 a month which I have to say must be the best value motoring on the road.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Many dream cars out there. New 911 R gets my attention. High revving naturally aspirated engine and manual gearbox gives maximum driving pleasure. Heel&toe, rev matching...multi gear downshift at once...bit of a lots art nowadays, isn't it?
              You guys who drive double clutch gearbox cars...do you shift with paddles often or do you keep it in auto mode most of the time? Also, do you brake with your left foot?

Comment

Friend of the family has a DB9 & he absolutely loves it.

He purchased a DB5 also back in the 1990's which he paid around 100k for & when you speak to him he say it was bargain & at the time I'm thinking nothing is a bargain at 100k but obviously the prices now speak for themselves.

Comment

I used to have a rich mate who had owned a Ferrari and a Db9. He asked me once which I thought would be the quickest to get somewhere on a long run on a motorway. 'The Ferrari I would say' I replied. 'No, he said the Aston'. I asked him if the Aston was faster and he replied 'No but people pull over for an Aston but not for a Ferrari'. He said that although he used to get a lot of admiring looks in the Fezza, he also got fed up of a lot of 'hand signals' when in it. Whereas EVERYONE loved the Aston. Personally, I would say an Aston has far more class than a Ferrari or Lambo, they are just too flash whereas the Aston has a more classic understated look!. Porsche's are nice but just too common in my opinion.

Comment

I saw a sticker on the back of a brand new Porsche Carrera once, it read:

"My other cars a Porsche."

Flash sod.
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Got the same on my Ferrari
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Got the same on my Ferrari
                        As much as I looked, I couldn't find one for a Mazda 6!
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                        X