Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting pics

Hi all,

There seems to be a problem with photobucket now and wondered which other sites you all are using?
    Had that account for year's...
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Colin unless they're only showing correctly because they're mine, the photos I uploaded with photobucket seem fine. Are you having issues with the photobucket account itself?

Comment

I had an email from Photobucket, they are now not allowing the use of the IMG (and others) code to be copied to other third-party sites (such as TSF), this has been a free feature of Photobucket but now if you want to use this feature you have to subscribe to their 500Plus membership. They do say that no image or file of yours in their system will be lost and I assume any old links will still work.
      Oh by the way, the subscription is £399/yr!
      I have been meaning to look around at other such image sites but not done so yet.
      And then I will delete my Photobucket account! that'll teach 'em!
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Outrageous! Haven't been on my account for a few weeks, just been reading about it via Google, gonna be a big backlash and I certainly won't be paying.
        By the way DeanH I read it as $399 not £ so around £309, still £308 too much

Comment

Ohh and DeanH all old links now no longer work that's how peeps have discovered the change

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            I had an email from Photobucket, they are now not allowing the use of the IMG (and others) code to be copied to other third-party sites (such as TSF), this has been a free feature of Photobucket but now if you want to use this feature you have to subscribe to their 500Plus membership. They do say that no image or file of yours in their system will be lost and I assume any old links will still work.
            I have been meaning to look around at other such image sites but not done so yet.
            mine appear to be working still but not sure whether that's because it's my own photo...

can you guys see this?

Comment

I can see it yes, but i had a look on "post pics of your cue" thread and mine have gone.
              Wonder why yours still works ?

Comment

IIRC i didn't use the link provided by the photobucket site, I created my own by just sticking the direct link in between [IMG] and [/IMG]

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                  IIRC i didn't use the link provided by the photobucket site, I created my own by just sticking the direct link in between [IMG] and [/IMG]
                  Why did you do that then ?
                  I will have a go at that later tonight if I get chance

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Outrageous! Haven't been on my account for a few weeks, just been reading about it via Google, gonna be a big backlash and I certainly won't be paying.
                    By the way DeanH I read it as $399 not £ so around £309, still £308 too much

I thought $ and £ were parity nowadays anyway :wink:

Ohh and DeanH all old links now no longer work that's how peeps have discovered the change
                    ah, pooop, had hoped they would be ok
                    I may try that, by "direct link" I assume you mean the URL that appears in the address field at the top of the browser window?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

If I can't get it to work. I will be moving my pics to and deleting my account as well.
                      That is a joke and not funny!

Comment

Why did you do that then ?
                        I will have a go at that later tonight if I get chance
                        I think I remember looking at the code thinking that's more complicated than it should be

I may try that, by "direct link" I assume you mean the URL that appears in the address field at the top of the browser window?
                        Still under the share section, just the box that says direct. the address bar link should take you to the photobucket site whereas the direct link is just the image on its own.

Comment

I think I remember looking at the code thinking that's more complicated than it should be

Still under the share section, just the box that says direct. the address bar link should take you to the photobucket site whereas the direct link is just the image on its own.
                          I use to do the when posting pics on a woodwork forum, will have to try and remember lol

Comment

Just testing

Comment

Working...
                            X