Your favorite movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite movie

I'm not one for favourite films of all time but here's my top 5 recent-ish flicks.

Safety Not Guaranteed
    Nightcrawler
    Moonrise Kingdom
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    Being Llewyn Davis

They all get my much coveted 5 star rating.
    #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• 1: Kes
      2: Withnail and I
      3: American Graffiti
      4: Back to the Future
      5: If...
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        Don't over do my steak! You over cook it's no good!! Janeiro - nice kid pretty kid , I don't know whether to f@ck him or fight him. He ain't pretty no more. Great film superb cinematography .
        Man it’s a masterpiece
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
              Raging Bull, Goodfellas, Platoon , Pulp Fiction , The Green Mile and The ShawshankRedemption are all brilliant
              Pulp Fiction was a game changer!
              The film industry was never the same...
              "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
              National Snooker Expo
              25-27 October 2019
              http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                Le Big Mac

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                  Le Big Mac
                  Mmmmmm... That is a tasty burger!
                  National Snooker Expo
                  25-27 October 2019

Comment

Mmmmmm... That is a tasty burger!
                    Sure is....

Wibble

Comment

That's a film I never liked and never got why people raved about it....
                      For that one you've always wanted...
                      https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                        Agree, anything Tarantino is bollocks, just an 'Emperors New Clothes' excuse for extreme sickening violence.

Saw Blade Runner 2049 a few weeks back and it was superb, beginning of a franchise methinks with someone playing a Spartacus figure to free the replicants.

Classics for me, well there is already a thread about film that I posted on a few years ago so I won't repeat myself, but one I missed was The Night Of The Hunter and for some real belly laughs the Laurel & Hardy classic The Music Box
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I recall watching it when I was a studying and the cinema was filled to the rafters with students...
                          Came out the cinema with a whole new perception of what a film could be.
                          Tarantino's use of cinematography is second only to himself.
                          The guys a genius and often misunderstood.
                          National Snooker Expo
                          25-27 October 2019

Comment

• A Royale with cheese
                            VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                            Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                            Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                            Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Just too many pluses here, but I guess it's marmite maybe?

> John travolta back in a new big way.
                              > Engaging characters used in several different stories that all come together. (genius)
                              > soundtrack that just defies belief! These sounds in the main were old and made cool to a whole new generation.
                              > Samuel Jackson virtuoso performance of himself. "Oh I'm sorry , did I spoil your concentration?"
                              > Vmax - I agree, but this is almost modern horror, all the grim stuff that goes on in the world concentrated in 1 film.
                              > if you don't appreciate the "small talk" then you miss one of the main points of the film. Sadly life in this film is so cheap, before murdering people, it's relaxed conversation around how a burger joint differs in France to the US is the main topic prior to pumping young people with lead... Dark, grim, yes. Glamourised? Probably - but everything that happens in the film has happened similarly no doubt in individual instances at some time in real life. Again that's where I think the genius comes in, putting it all together to music, that's art...
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                                Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                                Just too many pluses here, but I guess it's marmite maybe?

> John travolta back in a new big way.
                                > Engaging characters used in several different stories that all come together. (genius)
                                > soundtrack that just defies belief! These sounds in the main were old and made cool to a whole new generation.
                                > Samuel Jackson virtuoso performance of himself. "Oh I'm sorry , did I spoil your concentration?"
                                > Vmax - I agree, but this is almost modern horror, all the grim stuff that goes on in the world concentrated in 1 film.
                                > if you don't appreciate the "small talk" then you miss one of the main points of the film. Sadly life in this film is so cheap, before murdering people, it's relaxed conversation around how a burger joint differs in France to the US is the main topic prior to pumping young people with lead... Dark, grim, yes. Glamourised? Probably - but everything that happens in the film has happened similarly no doubt in individual instances at some time in real life. Again that's where I think the genius comes in, putting it all together to music, that's art...
                                AND Harvey Kietel gaining a pension boosting opportunity!

"you crazy kids"
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X