Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending a cue to someone with no feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending a cue to someone with no feedback?

Hi there

Someone's just bought my ultimate on eBay but they have no feedback and live in America.

How do I cover myself when I send it not sure if I trust someone with 0 feedback.

Any advice thanks

If they pay I can't see a problem

Comment

Just worried if they say it doesn't turn up or something like that and they refund him and I lose the cue?

Comment

Me personally , don't send anything outside of the UK .

I know 2 people recently that have had major problems with buyers in the States .

The issue you have is that you probably have sold the cue for more than it's worth , so you need to ensure that the insurance will pay out if it
        is lost or turns up damaged .

And if the buyer does anything underhand , like they contact Ebay and show a pic of another cue . Ebay will side with the buyer .

Hence why i put on my listings ....No International Postage .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Also gone into my PayPal but saying pending to transfer to my bank

Comment

That's usual . Will be in your Account early next week .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks for replay

Comment

If I take photos of the cue being boxed and sent then surely if he done something underhand and I sent eBay that evidence that would be fine or would they still take the buyers side

Comment

I have never had a pending payment ?
                  I wouldn't send it till it clears, also would fully insure it too.
                  Did you charge him for the correct postage cost?
                  If he just won it in the normal way without telling you he was from there I wouldn't send it till he paid the difference
                  Also make sure you upload the tracking number to ebay that way you can prove it was delivered

Comment

I put £30 for postage I think it will proberly cost a bit more. I've said I'm waiting for funds to clear

Comment

Ive had payment pending in the best.
                      Believe its paypal money laundering check as only happens with large amounts. Did clear in the end. Was around 4 days

Comment

Your either a very brave man or??? Wait hold on a sec you started this thread :tongue: While I appreciate everyone on Ebay has to start somewhere. The chances of someone with 0 feedback buying a 4 figure item for their first purchase is slim. Most people like to get the lay of the land before they start spending their cash. Add to that your buyer is in a different country to you. They could claim you sent them a broom handle and keep the cue for themselves plus be refunded by paypal. Legally it would be very hard to pursue them abroad. I can't see any Ultimates that ended recently? Did it go for a realistic price or did the buyer click your buy it now allowing for extra beer money As has been said, wait for full payment to clear and fully insure the cue. America is a fair way though and the thought of my precious rattling round in a planes cargo hold would give me sleepless nights. I would give the transaction a rethink cough cough.

Comment

Someone tried the old "cue turned up hanging out the packaging" with me once. I showed them pics I took beforehand of it in a plastic tube and a thick strip of wood taped along the length covered in parcel tape. I also informed them that it was insured and asked why they signed for it and never heard from them again.

Payment pending is normal.

Comment

I too would be very wary of this, it may all be genuine but if you do need to claim it's usually time consuming and hassle. Also think it will cost a lot more than £30 to get this to the States, not so much the shipping cost but the insurance will be very expensive for that value of parcel. As Dredd46 says a near 2K cue is a pretty strange first purchase, I would contact the buyer and try to get as much information as possible before I sent it. If the buyer is genuine he'll be as keen for it to arrive safely as you will. Check out their delivery address on google maps and see that it looks legit. Take lots of photos of the cue and the packaging before sending it off.

Comment

In the past I several times sent cues to the states and twice the customs got a hold of them and kept them for weeks for investigation that put me off somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                              X