Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    If you sing COVID 19 along to the tune of "Come on Eileen" is seems a lot less scary!

Just injecting a little humour for those who worry a lot.
    I now have this in my mind!
    cheers Crafty!
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Government looking to potentially cancel all sports fixtures ...... bang goes the Worlds then .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Barry Hearn said for Gibralter they are limiting audience to 100, and they will consider similar for the worlds, or playing it behind closed doors if necessary. I think the only way they would consider cancelling would be if they couldn't get enough players to fill the 32. Maybe this could be Jimmy's best chance since 1994!

Comment

Well my sore throat lead to a cough and losing my voice so now I'm self isolating for the recomended 7 days, if no better then 14 days. This could cost me over 500 quid in lost wages as the statutary sick pay is only 94 quid a week. Many people will not take that hit and will carry on going to work, the government say work at home but it's difficult to get a 650 ton injection moulding machine into my front room
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I am sure you have tried though eh vmax

you can try that online questionnaire nhs.com I think

take care - strange the 7 days off coincide with the snooker on TV doesn't it?!

Comment

Because of this coronavirus, there is no way to live a normal life. Afraid to be in crowded places, I feel scared when someone sneezes nearby. I decided that I need to find a part-time job from home and while I study https://light-it.net/blog/10-best-ai...hones-in-2020/ maybe I will try my hand at trading or try to process photos

Comment

Originally Posted by lianot View Post
                Because of this coronavirus, there is no way to live a normal life. Afraid to be in crowded places, I feel scared when someone sneezes nearby. I decided that I need to find a part-time job from home and while I study https://light-it.net/blog/10-best-ai...hones-in-2020/ maybe I will try my hand at trading or try to process photos
                Have you had a cold before or the flu?
                are you young and with no underlying conditions?
                if you can answer yes to both then dont be too concerned about covid-19 as if you do contract it you will probably only have the feeling of a cold/flu for about a week.
                don't panic don't bulk buy.
                Take precautions, sensible precautions, and doing other work is always a good thing to expand your experience and bank account

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  I am sure you have tried though eh vmax

you can try that online questionnaire nhs.com I think

take care - strange the 7 days off coincide with the snooker on TV doesn't it?!
                  Dean, I didn't know about the snooker until I picked up the Radio Times this morning (delivered). I would have been on 6-2 shift anyway so would have watched a lot of it and seeing as Ronnie isn't in it the competition is diminished in my book.
                  I couldn't speak a word until around 6pm yesterday, bad cough, sore throat but no fever to speak of and I've already had the winter cold a couple of months ago so one must be responsible and think of others. Got a couple of cues to finish off so I'll be busy enough if it isn't too cold and my symptons don't worsen.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I believe you - thousands won't:biggrin:

4 years ago I had tickly throat and thought nothing of it. Then I woke up and could not speak and had a bid ucky cough nearly every minute.
                    I had a massive infection at the oesophagus and every time I had to cough i could not breath till I force a burp to shift the oesophagus back !

Could not sleep could not lie down so had to try to sleep sitting upright- good fun

Was at home for a month then started working from home

Funny conference calls I can tell you as my voice had to "break" again.
                    even now my voice can disappear for minutes at a time if stressed.
                    Handy when doing training!

Take it easy.
                    Last edited by DeanH; 14 March 2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

It's looking more likely that the WC will be cancelled or postponed as it's only a few weeks away which I'm gutted about but our health is more important and this is getting more serious by the day. As from tomorrow everyone at my work has to work from home and the office is going to be closed until further notice so it could be a few months. It was strange seeing people removing monitors and keyboards today to set up at home. My folks are self isolating even though they feel well and are not going out for the next few months. My dad can't even spend time on Betfair because the horse racing is cancelled. It's crazy how people are panic buying and supermarket shelves are empty. Even eggs! Why eggs? I got lucky today because Sainsbury's had just had a delivery and were putting pasta and rice out so I was able to get four kilos which was the store limit.

I've noticed how people have stopped posting jokes about it on social media and are now taking it seriously.
                      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Stay safe everyone and take good care of yourselves.

On a lighter note, check this out:

https://www.facebook.com/14459105554...5145/?vh=e&d=n

Comment

and to you and yours as well

sure it is funny but don't do Facebook so cannot see it.

Comment

Here is another link:

https://vm.tiktok.com/pvPSnk/
                            Last edited by fkhan; 18 March 2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Well I have all the symptoms and I'm self isolating, have been since last friday. Was as rough as a badgers arse yesterday after feeling better the day before, feeling better again today. What I don't get is how the governemnt are getting their figures because all you are told is don't go to your local surgery or hospital, simply stay home and self isolate for either 7 or 14 days. Who are they testing ? certainly not me and many thousands more who are also self isolating so they haven't got a true picture.
                              I'd like to know not only if I've got it but also when I'm clear and can get back to normal, these celebs are getting tested privately at 375 quid a pop, there's always some git making money out of suffering.

My sister has lent me the entire box sets of Game Of Thrones to keep me occupied, I know it's a worldwide cult hit but I find it very hard to empathise with any of the characters as everyone who's anyone is either a despotic aristocrat or an honourable idiot murdering dutiously. No one to root for but plenty of tits on display, yes I'm on series three already :devilish:

Comment

stick with the GoT:
                                I actually found it quite funny

have you done the online questionnaires?
                                if you get a certain score(?) do you not get further directions?
                                others who have had it say you can get a very sore throat, loss of appetite, aching, breathlessness
                                but often the fever lasts a few days, appetite comes back, throat gets better, aches go.

use paracetamol, not ibuprofen, based medicines
                                liquids

I am sure you have read all of the above, good luck to

we have been self-isolating for some time due to wife/son's medical issues

numbers, the official figures do say that there will be a factor above the known numbers of self-diagnosed, hence the HUGE numbers being banded around everywhere because of that unknown

stay safe and get well soon, keep us in the loop, we are here for you - family-TSF
                                Last edited by DeanH; 19 March 2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X