• Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    use paracetamol, not ibuprofen, based medicines
    liquids
    Advice on this has changed:

https://www.sciencealert.com/who-rec...id-19-symptoms

-
    Last edited by PatBlock; 19 March 2020, 11:42 AM.
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      ok thanks for that

but still Paracetamol helps reduce temperature so I would go for that (as well as for pain relief)

ibuprofen is for inflammation (as well as for pain relief) - this is not part of the Covid-19 symptom from what I have heard

yep, they are saying ibuprofen is not an issue but to me it is not the correct medicine - but if you only have ibuprofen then use it for pain relief
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

A high temperature is your body's way of fighting the virus, it doesn't like it too hot. But as well as killing pain, paracetamol also reduces temperature which can be counterproductive.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Well I've got it and it isn't painful, simply a severe cold with a bit of a temperature. It's best to let the bodys immune system deal with it and not take any medicines, christ if you can't put up with a sore throat and cough there's something wrong with you.
          Yes we have to protect the vunerable but this panic buying is getting out of hand, I've just been on the sainsbury's website and there are no delivery slots for the next three weeks but I've got relatives who can shop for me, all I need is a cheese and onion pasty with a pickled onion and a large tomato anyway. People are spoiled these days with all this choice of 50 different types of pasta etc etc, when I was young there was potatoes and spam or corned beef and nobody was fat, chance for some of the porkers out there to lose some of those extra stones.

Anyone would think there were bombs raining down on us, god help this snowflake generation if that ever happened, they can't even put up with a bit of name calling online without dialling the suicide hotline,
          get a bloody grip,
          can't play snooker for the foreseeable future :hopelessness:
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Hope you get better soon. How do you know you have it without the test? Did you phone 111 for advice?

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
              Hope you get better soon. How do you know you have it without the test? Did you phone 111 for advice?
              It's all done online, nhs 111, you can't get through on the phone to anyone as the lines are jammed with callers and you're not allowed to visit your local surgery or hospital if you have the symptoms to prevent it spreading so you simply self isolate. No ones getting tested unless they're referred to hospital with breathing problems so the total number of people infected isn't known.
              Received an update from the gov/uk website on saturday that once your temperature goes back to normal after seven or so days you're in the clear and will not transmit the virus to anyone else even though your cough can remain for weeks, so I'm back to work tomorow.
              Anyone who lives alone and has developed the symptoms and self isolated for seven or so days should be OK, but if you're infected it takes around seven days for the symptoms to show so anyone who lives in a household with someone who has the symptoms should stay home for fourteen days because you're a carrier before the symptoms show and can pass it on.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

My daughter is a nurse and works in the respiratory ward. There are young people in there( under thirty) with no underlying health issues but they are struggling. If you ever saw pictures of how doctors and nurses dressed during the Ebola outbreaks, that's exactly how she has to dress at work, it's the full bio hazard look. It's strange how some can get it and hardly know they have had it and yet others are floored with it but if you get it bad it's no joke.
                Take care everyone.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                  Well I've got it and it isn't painful, simply a severe cold with a bit of a temperature. It's best to let the bodys immune system deal with it and not take any medicines, christ if you can't put up with a sore throat and cough there's something wrong with you.
                  Yes we have to protect the vunerable but this panic buying is getting out of hand, I've just been on the sainsbury's website and there are no delivery slots for the next three weeks but I've got relatives who can shop for me, all I need is a cheese and onion pasty with a pickled onion and a large tomato anyway. People are spoiled these days with all this choice of 50 different types of pasta etc etc, when I was young there was potatoes and spam or corned beef and nobody was fat, chance for some of the porkers out there to lose some of those extra stones.

Anyone would think there were bombs raining down on us, god help this snowflake generation if that ever happened, they can't even put up with a bit of name calling online without dialling the suicide hotline,
                  get a bloody grip,
                  can't play snooker for the foreseeable future :hopelessness:
                  Hope you get well soon. Back in 2011 I had the worst bout of flu and a lasting cough of my life and at one stage I thought I was going to die. My chest was so full of slime and the coughing fits were so severe I would be struggling to breath at times. It became so severe I would have to dash to the toilet at work to vomit and I should have gone to see my GP but was too scared and thought if I go to hospital an infection could finish me off. I dread the day I get an infection that leads to a cough as I don't think my lungs will be able to cope after that.

Worrying how Covid-19 can become so serious so quickly and lead to pneumonia and looking at the news now it's leading to violent crimes. If martial law is going to be announced it will be within the coming days.
                  www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

It's all done online, nhs 111, you can't get through on the phone to anyone as the lines are jammed with callers and you're not allowed to visit your local surgery or hospital if you have the symptoms to prevent it spreading so you simply self isolate. No ones getting tested unless they're referred to hospital with breathing problems so the total number of people infected isn't known.
                    Received an update from the gov/uk website on saturday that once your temperature goes back to normal after seven or so days you're in the clear and will not transmit the virus to anyone else even though your cough can remain for weeks, so I'm back to work tomorow.
                    Anyone who lives alone and has developed the symptoms and self isolated for seven or so days should be OK, but if you're infected it takes around seven days for the symptoms to show so anyone who lives in a household with someone who has the symptoms should stay home for fourteen days because you're a carrier before the symptoms show and can pass it on.
                    How are you now? Better I hope
                    What was the worst?

Comment

Boris in intensive care I hear. No-one invincible.

Comment

I’m nearly rid of the bugger . Didn’t get the sore throat or temperature but 10 days feeling very tired and coughing . No appetite at all . Done some much needed weight .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

How are you now? Better I hope
                          What was the worst?
                          I'm fine now, been back at work for the last two weeks but now I'm off on the furlough scheme for a month, could be more. The worst was the coughing and sore throat, woke up in the middle of the night several times with a coughing fit that left me quite breathless, lost my voice completely several times, didn't have much of a temperature but threw off the sheets at night a few times so I must have been hot, and my frozen shoulder and stiff neck got ten times worse.
                          It's the workshop now for the next month, going to get a few cues finished and prepare some pearwood for next year, and I don't see why I can't go for solo motorbike rides as long as I don't stop anywhere to annoy the police, seeing as I've had it I'm supposed to be immune now anyway.
                          If the airports are still allowing people into the country without being tested I can ride my bike on the almost empty roads in this nice weather, seems like going back forty years or so, hardly anyone around.
                          I do miss playing though, there's a mate who's local that has his own table at home, might give him a call but I bet I'm not the only one, I can picture a queue of blokes outside his house waiting their turn
                          Last edited by vmax; 7 April 2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

as long as they are 2m apart!
                            handy though, a cue is just under 2m long

Comment

Those are long cues you have Dean, mine are just about 147-150 cm.
                              You must be a giant!

Comment

I did say nearly
                                and once held out away from you at arm's length, that must be 2m

Comment

Working...
                                X