New Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book

To be released soon. Any more details on this book or the Author?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...8810721_snp_dp
    Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Anyone????
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Must be interesting book.

The Little Book of Snooker

The Little Book of Snooker is a wonderful collection of stories about the most hilarious and often embarrassing scenes that that have taken place in the green rooms, hotel rooms and at parties attended by the biggest legends in snooker. These stories have been told by the stars themselves, and many have never been published before. The book also lists the profiles of the contributing players with all their career achievements.

It includes the most important tournaments in the snooker year, the winners and runners-up, as well as featuring a host of fascinating facts, stats, quotes and trivia relating to the green baize.

http://www.thehistorypress.co.uk/pro...f-Snooker.aspx
      2010 China Open number of centuries prediction contest winner!
      2010 China Open Final prediction contest winner!
      2011 Welsh Open fantasy game winner!

Comment

Just received the book. read first few pages. very interesting with nice little facts and stories such as "How did Alex Higgins wangle a free taxi ride from London to Manchester?" etc
        Last edited by Asi; 3 April 2010, 10:08 AM.
        Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

I've received this as well mainly because I'm a bit of a completist as far as collecting snnoker books and also because all profits go to charity. Despite being 130 odd pages long there was very little of the stories, biographies, results etc that I hadn't already known about and there were no pictures at all which made it a bit dull. I'd love a book with some trivia that hasn't already been published e.g. a full list of the BBC snooker musical montages, winners of the various shots of the championship, lists of documentaries/ films/ TV series/ songs on snooker. One book I'd love to see published is a type of companion to the BBC documentary 'When Snooker Rule the World' with loads of colour photo's, which would capture the sheer sense of excitement that the sport conjured in the 1980's.
          G.

Comment

A quite interesting book, good addition for a snooker books collectors.

"I don't know if I'm still the 'Rocket', perhaps I'm more like Thomas the Tank Engine these days"! Ronnie O'Sullivan :snooker:
            2010 China Open number of centuries prediction contest winner!
            2010 China Open Final prediction contest winner!
            2011 Welsh Open fantasy game winner!

Comment

Working...
            X