Understanding modern snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding modern snooker

Sorry this is a dvd, but didn't know where to post this, has anyone got this or seen it, it's by Jack Karnehm , wouldn't mind a quick review on it ,cheers.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Sorry this is a dvd, but didn't know where to post this, has anyone got this or seen it, it's by Jack Karnehm , wouldn't mind a quick review on it ,cheers.
    It's pretty old footage but has everything pretty much covered in today's game, the dvd is split into sections and is well presented and easy to understand by the late uncle Jack...

I haven't seen any other instructional videos to compare only books but i believe it's a good addition to any player who maybe wants to see a respected player/coach/commentator's take on the game...
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Thanks Southpaw, I have seen the little clip on YouTube about the line of aim and fancied a watch at the rest, think I will get it.

Comment

Understanding modern snooker

There is also a billiard section which may help you as well... but yeah for the price you can get it at now I'd consider it pretty good value. Funnily enough I've seen J6 posting some of Jack's mantras...

Comment

i saw the whole thing on youtube a few years ago and there where some great little nuggets of info on it. iv tried finding it since but for some reason there's now only one or two fragments from it.

Comment

I have 2 copies of the book, 1 soft & 1 hard cover plus I have a copy on VHS. Quite good reading and viewing and still very relevant to the modern game. I thought Jack Karnehm was one of the best commentators, obviously due to his knowledge of the game.
            Always wondered what become of the young lad in the video?

Comment

Originally Posted by davipp View Post
              Always wondered what become of the young lad in the video?
              Yes funnily enough i wondered that too, he certainly looked like he could have made it as a professional, had a very nice cue action...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                There is also a billiard section which may help you as well... but yeah for the price you can get it at now I'd consider it pretty good value. Funnily enough I've seen J6 posting some of Jack's mantras...
                You don't happen to know if anyone did an instructional DVD just on billiards do you, I need a dvd as I'm much better at watching something and picking it up than reading it and trying to do the same.
                J6 , I saw a link to it on you tube it was split into 18 parts but when I went to it they were all deleted, I take it ,it was because of copyright issues.

Comment

J6 , I saw a link to it on you tube it was split into 18 parts but when I went to it they were all deleted, I take it ,it was because of copyright issues.
                  the net is not as free as it use to be. its too monitored now, all the random stuff is being cut and trimmed daily, to make way for a contrived marketing machine

Comment

You don't happen to know if anyone did an instructional DVD just on billiards do you, I need a dvd as I'm much better at watching something and picking it up than reading it and trying to do the same.
                    If you put bob Marshall top of the table into YouTube you'll see some fabulous instruction. Jack did one called "billiards at home" which certainly was on YouTube and he did one called "its tough at the top" which is different class.

Comment

Put "Billiards at home" into YouTube.

Pure class and covers the line of aim etc again if I recall.

Comment

That is spot on JB, thanks, just what I'm after.

Comment

Have you had a look at this site?

http://www.englishbilliards.org/videos

Check it out!

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

I have Mythman it's excellent but the videos don't play on the iPad.

Comment

Got this dvd, I'm not sure if I have been diddled on one section he starts talking about what players do when they first try a screw back shot ,and it just abruptly ends lol, could anybody that had this originally say if this is correct?, I got it from Amazon so it can go straight back if it's not the full thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X