This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Could go for a decent price, presumably the person selling it doesn't know much about these type of cues as he has literally no specs for it listed.
    Are the new cues cheaper or the old ones? This one is quite old.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
      Are the new cues cheaper or the old ones? This one is quite old.
      Old ones generally sell for more, as most seem to be under the impression that John Parris himself actually made them (he didn't), and they're better cues (arguable).

Comment

Old ones generally sell for more, as most seem to be under the impression that John Parris himself actually made them (he didn't), and they're better cues (arguable).
        Thanks Narl.

Comment

• I would definitely say the old ones had better looking ebony - not saying that affects playability of the cue, but I've been in to his shop twice this year and the ebony appears to have whitish streaks. I don't mind black with brown streaks - that's very common, but even the ultimates have white streaks - just look at the one on sale on eBay.

The old one I have is far better aesthetically.

Comment

• Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
            I would definitely say the old ones had better looking ebony - not saying that affects playability of the cue, but I've been in to his shop twice this year and the ebony appears to have whitish streaks. I don't mind black with brown streaks - that's very common, but even the ultimates have white streaks - just look at the one on sale on eBay.

The old one I have is far better aesthetically.
            Black and white ebony is news to me. Nowadays, jet black is only on painted ebony I guess

Comment

• Look at the 6th picture here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...564e%7Ciid%3A1

I don't have anything with white bits on my TP, Maximus, TW or Wooldridges, or even my Will Hunt. But it's becoming increasingly common I find

Comment

Look at the 6th picture here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...564e%7Ciid%3A1

I don't have anything with white bits on my TP, Maximus, TW or Wooldridges, or even my Will Hunt. But it's becoming increasingly common I find
                Yes, you are right. Pretty evident.

Comment

• Spotted on eBay

photo flash?
                  doesn't seem to be in the 3rd photo
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                    Black and white ebony is news to me. Nowadays, jet black is only on painted ebony I guess
                    You can still get jet black ebony, just harder to come by these days.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      photo flash?
                      doesn't seem to be in the 3rd photo
                      It's on all his cues in the shop where there is no flash ;-)

Comment

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...EAAOSwKiZa6JJO

"just serviced" my arse, maybe 5 or 6 years ago, the mankiness of the joint says it all, when they refinish a cue the joint gets brought back to new condition.

Comment

It's on all his cues in the shop where there is no flash ;-)
                          Sometimes that's remnants of the wax they use on the cue butt, generally goes away after you play with it for a while.

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...EAAOSwKiZa6JJO

"just serviced" my arse, maybe 5 or 6 years ago, the mankiness of the joint says it all, when they refinish a cue the joint gets brought back to new condition.
                            Doesn't say it was serviced by Parris tho ? maybe just a wipe down with oil and some wire wool on the brass

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              Doesn't say it was serviced by Parris tho ? maybe just a wipe down with oil and some wire wool on the brass
                              You'd sort of expect it to be parris since he bothers to mention that both this (and his parris champion) were just serviced. Needs a bit of wire wool around that joint, its bogging!

Comment

You'd sort of expect it to be parris since he bothers to mention that both this (and his parris champion) were just serviced. Needs a bit of wire wool around that joint, its bogging!
                                expectatiions/assumptions aren't his fault/decision

Comment

Working...
                                X