Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotted on eBay

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by narl View Post
    Same design different face splice, they all originate from the burwat champion regardless which had several different types of face splices and butt woods.

    Personally i find it odd so many are selling in that design when there's a ton of alternatives to be had.
    I think that design was about before the burwat champion.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ADR147 View Post
      I think that design was about before the burwat champion.
      There was another burwat cue that had something similar, according to David smith it was a descendant of the Cecil Harverson cue design.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by narl View Post
        There was another burwat cue that had something similar, according to David smith it was a descendant of the Cecil Harverson cue design.

        Yes I have had a couple of those harvesons and that was the cue I was thinking about - there is another one as well but I forget the name.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

        Comment


        • https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snooker-C...8AAOSwIt5cXZ0x

          So this was donated by Parris Cues for an auction...hmmmm

          Comment


          • https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...45a3%7Ciid%3A1

            "Reduced to sell"

            Yeah "reduced" from £875 to £1450 to £1260..

            Comment


            • Originally posted by narl View Post
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snooker-C...8AAOSwIt5cXZ0x

              So this was donated by Parris Cues for an auction...hmmmm
              Worthless ………………..names on cue :

              Neile Foulds

              Ronny O’Salivan



              Makes me laugh when people put items up on the bay of thieves , and they can't even been bothered to either put up a decent picture , measurements or get the description right . Pure laziness . You wonder how they would wrap it up , probably yesterdays newspaper !
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

              Comment


              • Originally posted by neil taperell View Post
                Worthless ………………..names on cue :

                Neile Foulds

                Ronny O’Salivan



                Makes me laugh when people put items up on the bay of thieves , and they can't even been bothered to either put up a decent picture , measurements or get the description right . Pure laziness . You wonder how they would wrap it up , probably yesterdays newspaper !

                But its a bargain, £190 for a £5 cue and case with dodgy signatures.

                Comment


                • https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YE-OLDE-A...frcectupt=true

                  Optimistic, £1k for a glover old ash replica?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by narl View Post
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YE-OLDE-A...frcectupt=true

                    Optimistic, £1k for a glover old ash replica?
                    And rubbish pics, and not very good specs either

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jrc750 View Post
                      And rubbish pics, and not very good specs either
                      Think some people are hitting the linseed oil a bit hard.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by narl View Post
                        Think some people are hitting the linseed oil a bit hard.
                        glover himself wants £600 now for a ye olde ash.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ADR147 View Post
                          glover himself wants £600 now for a ye olde ash.
                          Prices are going up with a lot of the cue makers, i think companies in china and thailand getting first dibs on the ash and butt wood is hurting the uk makers.

                          Comment


                          • https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful...MAAOSw8X9cnIJc

                            Pity this ones been altered so much.

                            Comment


                            • Paid £250 for a mint Glover ye olde ash with beautiful shaft less than a year ago off Steve Spencer. 1k is laughable.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mathias12 View Post
                                Paid £250 for a mint Glover ye olde ash with beautiful shaft less than a year ago off Steve Spencer. 1k is laughable.
                                Tony turns out some amazing looking cues, his 1 let down is his finish isn't as good as some of the other cue makers. It's more of a traditional feel than the super smooth feel you get off Mike, Trevor or Parris.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X