• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cos of the sticky bit.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
      Cos of the sticky bit.
      I prefer using these without the magnetic holders anyway, so this one looks okay to me. The magnetic blocks to hold the chalk are quite bulky in the hand- using without these is just like holding a regular piece of chalk. You just have to accept that the magnet that comes with the clip is single use and put a new one on any new piece of chalk. You can get an A4 magnetic sheet with an adhesive backing for about £2 which you cut to shape. That sheet will last you years.

Comment

• Thx for the clarification Mark. Just couldn't work it out. Think I'll stick with the pouch lol.
        Just as an aside did you see that Martin Gould turned up for his match with a chalk pouch? Hendry said it was a first for The Crucible. He (Hendry) didn't like them unless it was in practice to save his jeans pockets from wear and tear. I guess the pros have a nice convenient waistcoat pocket for chalk but that must be subject to wear and tear as well. Maybe they get the pocket specially re-inforced, say, with a little strip of leather?

Comment

• To be honest, I had a period when I bought a load of different gadgets like this, and don't use any of them much. The belt clips seem to be in such a position to always get in the way when streching to play a shot. Finally realised that the edge of the table is ideal for putting chalk on.

Comment

• Ha ha bit of a gadget man myself. Always scared in case I'm missing out on something. I clip my chalk pouch on the rear pocket of my jeans. Bit out of sight but doesn't get in the road when stretching over the table. I've done it this way for years so reaching to my back pocket is automatic. Can't remember if it was something I needed to get used to or not.

Comment

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hunt-OByr...frcectupt=true

H&O back up again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                I prefer using these without the magnetic holders anyway, so this one looks okay to me. The magnetic blocks to hold the chalk are quite bulky in the hand- using without these is just like holding a regular piece of chalk. You just have to accept that the magnet that comes with the clip is single use and put a new one on any new piece of chalk. You can get an A4 magnetic sheet with an adhesive backing for about £2 which you cut to shape. That sheet will last you years.
                Do you mean the plastic square that holds the chalk? I can't stand those. Mine has a thin metal strip instead, otherwise I shape a beer bottle cap from round to square. Never short of those.

Comment

• Another JP classic:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...YAAOSwZjpcvJo-

Comment

• Quote "For sale my John Parris ash cue .dead straight lovely shevrons the cue is well balanced.and in excellent condition the cue also comes with two extension cue length is 57 and 2/16 ths 18oz. 9.5 tip very nice cue you will not be disappointed with this cue .thanks for looking. Relist jew to non payment".

I like the length 57 2/16 when i went to school that was an 1/8
                    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                      Quote "For sale my John Parris ash cue .dead straight lovely shevrons the cue is well balanced.and in excellent condition the cue also comes with two extension cue length is 57 and 2/16 ths 18oz. 9.5 tip very nice cue you will not be disappointed with this cue .thanks for looking. Relist jew to non payment".

I like the length 57 2/16 when i went to school that was an 1/8
                      Don't think the seller went to school, due vs jew- never seen that before

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                        Don't think the seller went to school, due vs jew- never seen that before
                        Could have gone school but use to using old school...
                        I only know because I did antique furniture after leaving school and ended up using it more than metric..
                        For that one you've always wanted...
                        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

• Early JP Ultimate used by Steve Davis going to Asia I assume here https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254215897595
                          Looks amazing I have to say
                          VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                          Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                          Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                          Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• Not necessarily, I am the highest bidder at the moment!!

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
                            Early JP Ultimate used by Steve Davis going to Asia I assume here https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254215897595
                            Looks amazing I have to say
                            'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

• Good luck.

Comment

• I remember davis using that for a time in the late 90's, he got put out of a tournament and the commentators said he didn't look comfortable with the cue.

Comment

Working...
                                X