This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-snook....c100009.m1982

I'm guessing this is an error on the length.

Comment

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parris-Ul...81fb%7Ciid%3A1

Big ol butt, no surprises as to the design.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parris-Ul...81fb%7Ciid%3A1

Big ol butt, no surprises as to the design.
        I remember that one was on before, high starting price i must say, he claims the waiting period was 6 years?
        I heard of long waiting times but surely 6 years is very extreme?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphiwizard View Post
          I remember that one was on before, high starting price i must say, he claims the waiting period was 6 years?
          I heard of long waiting times but surely 6 years is very extreme?
          Not for 1 piece ultimates, if you check the parris site current waiting time for 1 piece ultimates is 60 months, and that's really just an estimate as it can take longer if you have a specific shaft grain pattern you want.

https://www.parriscues.com/faqs/

It's honestly a ridiculous waiting period to say the least, seemingly mostly down to chinese buyers placing multiple orders, just have to see some of the snooker sales places on facebook and it's usually chinese players posting pics with multiple ultimates.

Comment

• I guess the chinese players think a 'ultimate' cue is the erm ultimate thing to have, well of course i'm sure they are great cues but so are JP's other models.

Myself, i am trying to improve my really bad game after playing for 35 years without anyone ever telling me what i did wrong, now that i had a coaching session in February i am trying to forget all the bad things i used to do and focus on what coach told me, but i don't need a ultimate cue for that

Made a 23 break last saturday, which is ridiculously low but still it's my highest break for now, i have to add my position during that wasn't good and i potted at least 2 very difficult cuts to the middle pocket.
            Only have my JP for 3 weeks by now, picked it up in the shop.

My position play still sucks, i need to work on that, if i improve there i'm sure i'll make 50 breaks by end of this year.

Comment

I guess the chinese players think a 'ultimate' cue is the erm ultimate thing to have, well of course i'm sure they are great cues but so are JP's other models.

Myself, i am trying to improve my really bad game after playing for 35 years without anyone ever telling me what i did wrong, now that i had a coaching session in February i am trying to forget all the bad things i used to do and focus on what coach told me, but i don't need a ultimate cue for that

Made a 23 break last saturday, which is ridiculously low but still it's my highest break for now, i have to add my position during that wasn't good and i potted at least 2 very difficult cuts to the middle pocket.
              Only have my JP for 3 weeks by now, picked it up in the shop.

My position play still sucks, i need to work on that, if i improve there i'm sure i'll make 50 breaks by end of this year.

The Chinese are all over Parris ultimates (generally the 1 piece variety) and Hunt & O'Byrne Cues. Just about any time one of these is listed on ebay you can almost bank on it going there.

Comment

I guess the chinese players think a 'ultimate' cue is the erm ultimate thing to have, well of course i'm sure they are great cues but so are JP's other models.....
                I have a general rule. If someone has to tell you that something is a thing, then it's probably not that thing.

I have a ten+ year old Parris Ambassador. Nice cue, nothing wrong with it. I have five better cues (for me) that cost a combined amount less than the price of the ambassador. My cue is not the representative of a foreign country, and I suspect there may be better cues than an ultimate. That's just my inbuilt cynicism.

Comment

Not for 1 piece ultimates, if you check the parris site current waiting time for 1 piece ultimates is 60 months, and that's really just an estimate as it can take longer if you have a specific shaft grain pattern you want.

https://www.parriscues.com/faqs/

It's honestly a ridiculous waiting period to say the least, seemingly mostly down to chinese buyers placing multiple orders, just have to see some of the snooker sales places on facebook and it's usually chinese players posting pics with multiple ultimates.
                  Just out of curiousity, how expensive is the average ultimate in the JP shop?
                  They are not listed in the collection so you have to order that with the cue builder i assume, but what would be the average price be?

Comment

They are not listed in the collection so you have to order that with the cue builder i assume, but what would be the average price be?
                    They're not available in the shop unless someone returns one from what I understand. I've seen Uniques and a Paragon when I've been but not an Ultimate

Comment

A plain ebony butt 1 piece ultimate is £1056, you pay a £120 premium for it to be 1 piece.

A plain ebony butt 3/4 jointed at 16" ultimate is £936.

Comment

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...frcectupt=true

Looks like he finally clued in.

Comment

Can't even buy this, no shipment outside UK, no details about tipsize, length, weight, woodtypes.

Comment

Can't even buy this, no shipment outside UK, no details about tipsize, length, weight, woodtypes.
                            Check final photo as he has a Parris screenshot from website.
                            VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                            Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                            Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                            Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• Not really interested, i think narl bidded on this one?
                              Not going to steal his thunder, besides, there is no sd lock connection and no extensions.

I would be interested in the case though if the buyer didn't need it (and if the price was acceptable).

Comment

• Only showing 1 bid at the moment on eBay from Clint Vanjour.
                                VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                                Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                                Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                                Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Working...
                                X