Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotted on eBay

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Riley Imperial looks like
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

    Comment


    • Two beautiful B&W tables.

      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114795874...cAAOSwvCdgdasd

      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154070715...MAAOSwuaNg7dMd

      Comment


      • Why would anyone buy that sort of quality mahogany and oak steel block vintage table when you could spend 20 grand on a star table complete with soft slate ,meranti wood cushion with a plywood frame and gold painted multi pieced legs ,plus you get yellow/gold plastic cushion runners that cover the rail bolts .It’s a no brainier

        Comment


        • Originally Posted by mikee View Post
          Why would anyone buy that sort of quality mahogany and oak steel block vintage table when you could spend 20 grand on a star table complete with soft slate ,meranti wood cushion with a plywood frame and gold painted multi pieced legs ,plus you get yellow/gold plastic cushion runners that cover the rail bolts .It’s a no brainier
          No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

          Comment


          • I really like the golden oak one and the lifepool scoreboard is probably worth 1k alone so all in all not a bad price considering the restoration.
            Last edited by Cue crafty; 1 October 2021, 04:30 PM.
            No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

            Comment


            • Out of interest why is there such a difference in cost apart from the scoreboard being thrown in ?

              Comment


              • I don’t think there is much of a real price for vintage tables ,people sell them for what they think they are worth ,often scoreboards and cue racks are worth more than tables

                Comment


                • Thats a lovely Oak table, I've always had a thing for nice oak tables.

                  Comment


                  • Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
                    Out of interest why is there such a difference in cost apart from the scoreboard being thrown in ?
                    I think the restoration part is a factor, that's would cost a pretty penny, french polishing etc. That's would be a selling point to the right client looking for that kind of work already done. Then throw in the vintage extras it makes a bit of package for someone who wants that vintage period billiard room with the right decor.
                    No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

                    Comment


                    • Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

                      I think the restoration part is a factor, that's would cost a pretty penny, french polishing etc. That's would be a selling point to the right client looking for that kind of work already done. Then throw in the vintage extras it makes a bit of package for someone who wants that vintage period billiard room with the right decor.
                      Ahhhh… thanks Paul .
                      If I had the space I’d go for either

                      Comment


                      • I'm half tempted to have a look at that oak table. Would want proper modern pockets etc but its a lovely table, would look a treat in my room

                        Comment


                        • Originally Posted by trying View Post
                          I'm half tempted to have a look at that oak table. Would want proper modern pockets etc but its a lovely table, would look a treat in my room
                          I have played on two B&W tables both with the steel blocks, both very nice fast tables but( there is always one) both tables had low cushions which made the balls bounce off the bed a bit. I haven't a clue if this is a common thing or if I have just been unlucky to play on two tables that do it, just thought I'd point it out as it's worth thinking about.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

                          Comment


                          • Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

                            I have played on two B&W tables both with the steel blocks, both very nice fast tables but( there is always one) both tables had low cushions which made the balls bounce off the bed a bit. I haven't a clue if this is a common thing or if I have just been unlucky to play on two tables that do it, just thought I'd point it out as it's worth thinking about.
                            I think they may have had the Eureka extra low fast cushions like this table. Don't think the oak table above has these but well worth asking.

                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124912925...sAAOSwvgNhSiSs
                            No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

                            Comment


                            • Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

                              I think they may have had the Eureka extra low fast cushions like this table. Don't think the oak table above has these but well worth asking.

                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124912925...sAAOSwvgNhSiSs
                              Know what, you're right CC, They both did have Eureka cushions and they were very very fast, I didn't know they were made deliberately lower.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

                              Comment


                              • Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

                                I have played on two B&W tables both with the steel blocks, both very nice fast tables but( there is always one) both tables had low cushions which made the balls bounce off the bed a bit. I haven't a clue if this is a common thing or if I have just been unlucky to play on two tables that do it, just thought I'd point it out as it's worth thinking about.
                                that’s more to do with the cushion blocks not being set at the right height ,most original B&W tables and tables of that Era had blocks set slightly higher so tables ran a bit slower ,it’s just a fitting thing that is easy fixed with a re rubber .Pretty much all B&W tables suffered from from middle pocket bounce out ,where a ball slammed in at high speed would sometimes catapult the ball back on to the table from the back of the pocket plate ,this was due to the fall of the slate to the back of the pocket not being deep enough ,also B& W tables cushion freezes are angled slightly downwards .I sold mine when I re vamped the room ,also my slates were buggered and had started to shale and split around the bolt areas .Modern tables although not made to anywhere near the standard they were 100 + years ago where not really designed for the fast modern game .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X