X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Came across this SEAN PARKER cue on eBay, I remember years back now he used to customise cues and make some of his own. Originally used a badge with SAP , his initials I believe, so interesting that the seller uses the name SAP in his seller profile. The listing doesn't say made by me so just wondering if he is making the odd cue or badging up imports!?! Nice looking cue either way.

​​​​​​https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325533308...8edc%7Ciid%3A1

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    If anyone is interested in the SightRight system, this ad for one of their cues shows very clearly the fitting.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134416888...&segname=11021

Just to be clear I am not the seller or have any link to the seller or SightRight - just knew that in the past some people have queried what "the fuss" is all about
    That's similar to the mini aiming aid he gives for the ones who take coaching from him.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    If anyone is interested in the SightRight system, this ad for one of their cues shows very clearly the fitting.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134416888...&segname=11021

Just to be clear I am not the seller or have any link to the seller or SightRight - just know that in the past some people have queried what "the fuss" is all about
    Last edited by DeanH; 19 January 2023, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    highly commended tables, used to play on one in a previous social club

Established in Manchester ~1845
    Opened a branch in Glasgow ~1880
    HRH Prince of Wales patronage ~1880
    which changed to King Edward VII warrant in 1901
    Branches in Liverpool and Belfast, workshop in Stockport.
    1931 arranged share of distribution facilities with Burroughes & Watts.

Leave a comment:

• Brett1985
    replied
    Orme & sons snooker table just listed on eBay.

I know nothing about these tables but must say it is stunning! What a beautiful table.

The following accessories will be supplied, one set of quality Aramith snooker balls, triangle, four snooker cues, cue rack. This highly attractive, top quality slate bed snooker table in solid mahogany has eight very large decorative turned legs.

Leave a comment:

• Crucible
    replied
    Originally Posted by trying View Post
    There seems to be a load of excessively expensive and some maybe questionable Parris cues on facebook marketplace recently. Do people really buy them???
    Not just Parris but other cues as well. Some use FB Marketplace to show off their cue collection to see if anyone agree with the prices, been there for months but have intention to sell. Worst than ebay.

Leave a comment:

• mikee
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

They use a heavy coat of resin on the rails to fill and hide the worm holes in the cheap Meranti hardwood they use.
    Dead right ,Meranti is a fast growing wood that is not as hard as Sapele mahogany,so they use a hard resin type varnish ,this chips easy on the soft wood ,that’s why the cushions looked chipped and tatty after time especially around the pocket plates .Most quality tables have an oil finish that will wear a lot nicer and more natural.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Sometimes when I see how cheap these tables are these days I feel like asking the serious snooker players at my social
    club to all chip in and get one .
    Yes totally agree mate, even if four people said yes I would go for it and gift that to my local social. Funny old buggars don't like charity though so still no easy task! 🙄

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied
    Sometimes when I see how cheap these tables are these days I feel like asking the serious snooker players at my social
    club to all chip in and get one .

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255832353...Bk9SR5T1_9OWYQ

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I don't know what they coat the wood on the cushions with but they don't feel right to me on the star tables, it feels plasticy.
    They use a heavy coat of resin on the rails to fill and hide the worm holes in the cheap Meranti hardwood they use.
    Last edited by Cue crafty; 26 November 2022, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    I don't know what they coat the wood on the cushions with but they don't feel right to me on the star tables, it feels plasticy.

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Their on about possibly fitting one down the club as a ‘match table’.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    They must have started rolling off and the Lego legs are probably starting to crack. 😊
    Last edited by Cue crafty; 26 November 2022, 01:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• trying
    replied
    Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
    Well well!! This is the first Star table I’ve ever seen pop up on EBay? I thought they just went straight onto the bonfire after a few years of wear…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144821709...mis&media=COPY
    Seen a couple for sale recently on faceache too

Leave a comment:

Working...
X