This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
    Why are the thickness of the writing difrent clint ?
    There was a few different variations of the badge and font, heavier and lighter text, some of their cues had plates like old burwat cues as well.

The guy selling that second one is apparently not taking less than 1600 for it as he's selling it for someone. I don't see it getting that high, maybe £1300-ish at most. It'll likely hover around where it is til the last few minutes of auction, despite him thinking because it jumped to 1k so fast he's going to get much more for it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
      There was a few different variations of the badge and font, heavier and lighter text, some of their cues had plates like old burwat cues as well.

The guy selling that second one is apparently not taking less than 1600 for it as he's selling it for someone. I don't see it getting that high, maybe £1300-ish at most. It'll likely hover around where it is til the last few minutes of auction, despite him thinking because it jumped to 1k so fast he's going to get much more for it.
      Thanks Narl
      Current playing cue Trevor White
      3/4 ash cue

Comment

• That's were the confusion in these cues is, the badge's being different. Generally the joint is the tell tale sign but even those have been replicated in China. Now you're basically down to looking at the shaft and seeing if its aged enough looking...but again shafts can be artificially aged, and on the flip side if its been refinished it can look too new. Its a minefield buying one of these cues, though both clints and that round butt look legit

Just have to look at the blackplates will hunt pulled out of his ass last year, though conveniently both were one piece as it didn't seem like he had any of the proper joints knocking around. And it wouldn't take much for him to get the proper badges knocked up for them.
        Last edited by narl; 4 February 2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• These might be coming out of the woodwork (apart from mine obviously ��) as there was a 59 incher sold last week for 1550, and surprisingly didn't go to China but Birmingham!

Comment

• Funny that. The last couple cues I've sold have been going to Birmingham too

Comment

• Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
              Funny that. The last couple cues I've sold have been going to Birmingham too
              The plot thickens!

Comment

• Originally Posted by clintvanjour View Post
                These might be coming out of the woodwork (apart from mine obviously ��) as there was a 59 incher sold last week for 1550, and surprisingly didn't go to China but Birmingham!
                So is the one you have for sale your one clint or selling for some one
                3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Nope I got it on Thursday, it's mine for the next week haha

Comment

• Possibly a Chinese guy in Birmingham buying and shipping back to China

Comment

• And on the subject of these cues

Go to the 6:50 mark, probably explains why White's cue had a parris joint when it was sold on years later.

Comment

• Originally Posted by clintvanjour View Post
                        Nope I got it on Thursday, it's mine for the next week haha
                        Thanks pall
                        3/4 ash cue

Comment

• 8:55 in this video, same issue he has to get Len Ganley to help him take it apart, wonky joint.

Comment

• HERE WE HAVE AN ABSOLUTELY STUNNING & HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER HUNT & O'BYRNE BLACK PLATE SNOOKER CUE WITH A VERY RARE ROUNDED BUTT. IT IS A DEAD STRAIGHT CUE MADE OF ASH WITH AN EBONY BUTT. ORIGINALLY ONE OF A FEW MADE FOR JIMMY WHITE HOWEVER THIS ONE WAS NOT SELECTED BY HIM & SUBSEQUENTLY SOLD THROUGH THE HUNT & O'BYRNE SHOP IN APPROXIMATELY 1985.
                            IT WAS USED FOR A SEASON & HAS BEEN STORED EVER SINCE.
                            THE CUE IS PRESENTED IN PRISTINE ORIGINAL CONDITION. THIS IS SUCH A REACTIVE CUE, WITH A LOVELY SEMI STIFF SHAFT
                            PLEASE STUDY PICTURES AS THEY CONTRIBUTE GREATLY TO THIS DESCRIPTION.
                            Amazing isn't it? As soon as he gets a few bids all of a sudden the cue is linked to Jimmy White and he suddenly knows the whole history of it.

Comment

• I dont like the round but 1 clints cue is so much nicer
                              3/4 ash cue

Comment

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exception....c100009.m1982

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNOOKER-C....c100005.m1851

Cant say ive ever heard of these.

Comment

Working...
                                X