X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Wonder if its an accurate replica?

There was a memorabilia site selling what they claimed to be the genuine one which I discovered wasn't and the listing disappeared.
    Last edited by trying; 17 May 2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trying View Post

There was a memorabilia site selling what they claimed to be the genuine one which I discovered wasn't and the listing disappeared.
      I'm not sure what the spec of Jimmy's old cue was, I'd be surprised if it was this weight but I'm really not sure. This cue will be known to quite a few people on here as it belonged to Mike Russell, ADR might know more about the accuracy of the copy.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        I entered the raffle and this was the cue I wanted. Would have happily paid ?400 for it at the time as well. Now I'm skint though

Comment

• Originally Posted by trying View Post

Found a screenshot...

Last edited by trying; 17 May 2021, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

I entered the raffle and this was the cue I wanted. Would have happily paid ?400 for it at the time as well. Now I'm skint though
            Same here Mark, can't really Justify the spend. This is one of those cues you want even when you don't need it.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154459552...sAAOSwKP5gpOia

This is rather interesting!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                ouch!

I do recall when B&W closed they put a big piece on their website saying - essentially - to not trust or deal with Dean Jones (no relation by the way )
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I know he does replica cues but that is definitely something that is going to rustle a few feathers in the cue making world.

A friend of mine bought a cue from him about 2 years ago, it was a Parris Ltd edition with the checker board front splice design. He showed it me and something just didn't feel right to me about it. He got in touch with JP and he confirmed that the cue wasn't one of his because, it was a 1pc and all Ltd edition cues are 3/4 jointed, big give away.

Anyway, he took the cue back, he dealt with Gary Ford who gave him a refund, they said the cue was sold to them as a part exc or something.

About 2 weeks later, another mate of mine needed a new tip and he decided to go to Dean Jones and get one fitted and take a look around. Much to my amazement, this same Parris cue was on the rack with other cues and guess what, it had a different badge on it. Suddenly it was a Parris Special cue, but it was the same cue. So given what this chap has said and my experience, I also would urge caution dealing with Dean Jones.

Comment

• Probably the most open and honest description of an item I've ever read, surely this dean jones should be brought to task even by Parris it's bloody forgery.
                    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Is he the same Dean Jones, the cue maker from Halesowen, UK?
                      Last edited by fkhan; 20 May 2021, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                        Is he the same Dean Jones, the cue maker from Halesowen, UK?
                        I believe this is the same person.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Shocking to say the least.

Comment

• I can't police the entire internet but the number of cues I see now that are copies is ridiculous.
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Money changes everything. Why people can't be satisfied with just getting a cue that suits them and get on with practise is beyond me. They have to have that badge, that status symbol that they think will turn them into a good player
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Funny looking Aristocrat, ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284274565554
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X