Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If only I had the space in my man cave ….. that looks lovely.
    I’d get rod of my pool table in a shot for a swap for that

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
      That’s a class table and with decent rubber and cloth should play great ,looks like Brazilian mahogany ,can’t get that any more .20 + years ago these tables would go for 15 grand .
      I really like the wood, wasn't sure what it was and thought maybe walnut but knew it wasn't quite right. Thanks
      βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        Nice old period table from J Ashcroft, seems a very reasonable price for such a piece of craftsmanship. Doubt it plays like a modern table but it looks fantastic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185067709....c101113.m2108
        What a cracking table. You could fit steel blocks to that as well.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

650! It really is crazy what some of these old tables go up for! Imagine buying something that ornate now as a new piece? Crazy.
          Well that's his starting point, says he wants a grand in the notes or nearest to that, it's been on a while so I reckon he'd bite ya hand off for 750 quid. I agree too as Mikee says it would've been worth 15k twenty years ago, people like this guy selling who states he was a casual player not serious, who could afford a table like this now feel lumbered with them and struggle to sell because of the popularity of the sport being a lot less. In the end they are happy to nearly give them away if people pay the costs to dismantle and remove from site.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
            If only I had the space in my man cave ….. that looks lovely.
            I’d get rod of my pool table in a shot for a swap for that
            I feel a loan for an extn is in your mind mate.

Comment

• Not certain but this looks like a possible Forgotten and unloved Aristocrat? sitting this dump of a room, could be a good buy for someone whos prepared to do some work on it. Looks solid enough...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313709837....c101113.m2108

Comment

• Not sure the legs are right. The price certainly is though

Comment

• I must stop looking at these tables.... a couple of really nice ones lately that would look great in place of my potting shed... apart from the minor issue of there already being a table in there!

Comment

I really like the wood, wasn't sure what it was and thought maybe walnut but knew it wasn't quite right. Thanks
                    I think it maybe looking at it ,Walnut varies a lot and the side panels have that look ,top cushion rails Don’t look like it though
                    ,hard to say

Comment

I think it maybe looking at it ,Walnut varies a lot and the side panels have that look ,top cushion rails Don’t look like it though
                      ,hard to say
                      Could be a good buy for someone looking for a Westbury and willing to do the work? (Yes I am bored lol)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224648949....c101113.m2108

Comment

• Joe Davis old table apparently … I dunno about that.

It’s a cheap steel block table in need of a refurb, note the two middle legs closer to the centre of the table! If only I had the space for it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-Size...-127635-2958-0
                        Last edited by Danger Steve; 20 October 2021, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Not certain but this looks like a possible Forgotten and unloved Aristocrat? sitting this dump of a room, could be a good buy for someone whos prepared to do some work on it. Looks solid enough...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313709837....c101113.m2108
                          That Westbury looks in good nick ,even though it’s not a steel block version the price is cheap .It’s probably not had much use as those pocket leathers look very original ,frame looks in great condition ,just need to re finish the cushions .Would be a good project if I had the room somewhere to do it .

Comment

• [QUOTE=Danger Steve;n1013918]Joe Davis old table apparently

Comment

• That B & W is a Rigidus frame when the two middle legs are set like that ,it’s done so the inner frame runs under the slate joints for extra support .

Comment

That B & W is a Rigidus frame when the two middle legs are set like that ,it’s done so the inner frame runs under the slate joints for extra support .
                                So many tables going up for sale at the moment at crazy low prices (and some junk tables at crazy high prices). It’s sad to see! You just know they will be bought by salvage yards who want the slate for mantles and probably have the frames for fire wood.

Comment

Working...
                                X