This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coz they look freaking hot

Beyond that: (and I admit this could me more in the head than real\provable) the years growths go into the butt. With the conventional darts: the years growth in\near tip are buried in the later years by the time it gets to the join with the butt.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
      Because of a number thing?
      yep, I certainly would take it

Comment

• Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
        yep, I certainly would take it
        Please explain the number thing for those of us who don't understand

Comment

• number 4 is unlucky, sounds similar to the word for death. the fact that it's double 4, compounds it

Comment

• I thought the unlucky number was 8, hence the joke with Nick Leeson.....

Comment

I thought the unlucky number was 8, hence the joke with Nick Leeson.....
              8 is a very lucky number to the Chinese and possibly other far East cultures
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• yes, again due to it sounding similar (more rhyming than similar in fact) to another word, fortune

Comment

yes, again due to it sounding similar (more rhyming than similar in fact) to another word, fortune
                  I recall a car licence plate in HK with 8888 went for mega bucks some years ago at auction

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                    Originally Posted by cpserrao View Post
                    Thats the second cue I've seen this month that has the arrows going both ways on the same side
                    Love the color of this shaft. Has that nice aged look...
                    thats called a boat, very desirable
                    I always thought a "boat" was where the grains join and make complete ring? And why desirable? For playability?

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      I always thought a "boat" was where the grains join and make complete ring? And why desirable? For playability?
                      My take is as above, and also known as canoe: in here I thnk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwgmAvJvQJ0

Comment

• all those demands on grain pattern made for painful viewing

Comment

My take is as above, and also known as canoe: in here I thnk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwgmAvJvQJ0
                          Seems my cue is a boat, the things you learn on here. I'm going to chuck it in the river and see if I can paddle it down to the club next time The end of the boat/canoe is cut off by the ferrule though, probably won't float as well.

Comment

• it's just going to be one more thing to annoy cue makers as if it wasn't already hard enough.

"i want 5 evenly spaced arrows then a small boat then 2 even arrows going the other way but not pointing at me in a threatening way as that'd put me off. arrows must look like Vs and not Us. I want it stiff but not stiff, you know what i mean..."

Comment

it's just going to be one more thing to annoy cue makers as if it wasn't already hard enough.

"i want 5 evenly spaced arrows then a small boat then 2 even arrows going the other way but not pointing at me in a threatening way as that'd put me off. arrows must look like Vs and not Us. I want it stiff but not stiff, you know what i mean..."
                              I'm taking a delivery of pearwood tomorrow, if anyone wants to give me a long list of specs I'll take length, weight and ferrule diameter but nothing else; any takers ?
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Believe it's a chick. Messaged her saying No1 is going to buy 2 cues for 4k with no specs. It was collection only. Said the only way they will be getting 4k for them was if it was shipped internationally...straight to China or Asia!

Comment

Working...
                                X